With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade...

shocking, I know. Of all the things I've read, I believe this:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8289e1ab/article/browns-interested-in-brandon-weeden-could-trade-for-qb?module=HP11_headline_stack

I'm thinking #37 and 1 or 2 late rounders, depending on how late. Slight possibility of a 2 this year and a 2 next.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade...

I would hope for a 3rd this year and 1st next if it is cleveland

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade...:
    [QUOTE]I would hope for a 3rd this year and 1st next if it is cleveland
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

+1. Clev's 3rd is almost worth a 2nd anyways and their 1st next year has a good shot to be a top 10 given their QB situation. I'll take their 1st next year all day long.

Weeden was a possible to move up but Clev has to feel they won't get him at #37 and need to move up. Leaving them #37 only makes it a more favorable to them imo. Frankly the only team I can image that would move up to get Weeden is KC so you have to convince Clev KC is going to do that which is no easy task.

Actually I think if someone trades up it will be for either Jenkins (Phi), Wright/Hill (Jax, or whoever doesn't get Floyd/Blackmon), Martin (who ever doesn't get Ricardson), or Fleener (whoever needs a TE) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm sort of hoping they take Harrison Smith with the 31st pick, but if they do trade it then I would be happy with a 1st next year and a 3rd either year as long as the team trading is mediocre at best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

imo they need to draft guys now, not next year. brady is 35 and the window is closing fast. build a team that can win a couple over the next 3 years. maybe trade the 31st and a 2nd to move up to clevelands first pick. 

if they trade for next year again they will probably use that pick to trade into 2014 anyways. i'm far from an expert in this but believe that they need to try and win right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]imo they need to draft guys now, not next year. brady is 35 and the window is closing fast. build a team that can win a couple over the next 3 years. maybe trade the 31st and a 2nd to move up to clevelands first pick.  if they trade for next year again they will probably use that pick to trade into 2014 anyways. i'm far from an expert in this but believe that they need to try and win right now.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

pick #31 and #48 would give you absolutely zero shot at getting the #4 pick. Actually if you gave them our entire draft that might be enough. Did you mean their second pick? Because, #31 and #63 might be enough for #22 though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade... : pick #31 and #48 would give you absolutely zero shot at getting the #4 pick. Actually if you gave them our entire draft that might be enough. Did you mean their second pick? Because, #31 and #63 might be enough for #22 though
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

yeah, i didn't mean the 4th pick, i don't know where cleveland is, i was thinking it was the 12th but thats seattle... 
    yup, no chance for the 4th, they really don't need to go that high anyways.  22 would be about right. BB will do the right thing anyways, he always does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]imo they need to draft guys now, not next year. brady is 35 and the window is closing fast. build a team that can win a couple over the next 3 years. maybe trade the 31st and a 2nd to move up to clevelands first pick.  if they trade for next year again they will probably use that pick to trade into 2014 anyways. i'm far from an expert in this but believe that they need to try and win right now.

I agree. i love how BB has been the best in the business at building a "team" through multiple draft picks, value picks, FA, and trades, but I also like what one of his under study's says...."There is always a time to stock pile picks, but then there is a time to cash in". Dimitroff cashed in on Julio Jones last year, even if this guy never becomes Randy Moss I like that Dimitroff pulled the trigger to at least try and help his team win THAT year.

Now I don't think we need to move up much, but perhaps just using all of our picks in the 1st 2 rds this year would be a form of "cashing in". DT, DE/OLB,Safety and a wr would be great imo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade... : yeah, i didn't mean the 4th pick, i don't know where cleveland is, i was thinking it was the 12th but thats seattle...  yup, no chance for the 4th, they really don't need to go that high anyways.  22 would be about right. BB will do the right thing anyways, he always does.

If Brockers or Upshaw makes it to #22 I can see them moving up by trading #31 and #63 to move up for one of them (and get a late round pick back maybe 5th or 6th) or #27 and #93 straight up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade... : I agree. i love how BB has been the best in the business at building a "team" through multiple draft picks, value picks, FA, and trades, but I also like what one of his under study's says...."There is always a time to stock pile picks, but then there is a time to cash in". Dimitroff cashed in on Julio Jones last year, even if this guy never becomes Randy Moss I like that Dimitroff pulled the trigger to at least try and help his team win THAT year. Now I don't think we need to move up much, but perhaps just using all of our picks in the 1st 2 rds this year would be a form of "cashing in". DT, DE/OLB,Safety and a wr would be great imo.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Yes, he's done a great job rebuilding the team and aquiring draft picks,  this is the time to cash in. They wont have an opportunity like this in a few years when Brady retires, he's on his final run and last season shows that they were just a player or two away from being a dominating superbowl team.  now is the time!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade... : If Brockers or Upshaw makes it to #22 I can see them moving up by trading #31 and #63 to move up for one of them (and get a late round pick back maybe 5th or 6th) or #27 and #93 straight up

Yeah, thats kind of what I had in mind...  45 more minutes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

for Gisele's used panties and a six pack of PBR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 31st pick in the 1st round, NE has made a trade... : If Brockers or Upshaw makes it to #22 I can see them moving up by trading #31 and #63 to move up for one of them (and get a late round pick back maybe 5th or 6th) or #27 and #93 straight up

You nailed that! Just one spot low on the receiving end!

Impressive. Now let's see if you got the 'who' right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

I think the Pats will trade up for both the Syracuse end and Alabama LB.