Woodhead at practice with thumb brace. Picture in thread...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Woodhead at practice with thumb brace. Picture in thread...

Thoughts?

I assume not broken but could effect running with the ball and catching.  Probably won't be used much this Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Woodhead at practice with thumb brace. Picture in thread...

In response to TFB12's comment:

Thoughts?

I assume not broken but could effect running with the ball and catching.  Probably won't be used much this Sunday.

not good. i wouldnt play him. id go with vereen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If he's an active participant in practice there's a pretty fair likelihood that he'll see the field on Sunday.  Time will tell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ok TB12 is this an authetic pic or more of your great work?! haha JK I know if you created this he would have a full cast on his own whole arm! lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

P.S the left hand is typically the hand he holds the ball in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

ok TB12 is this an authetic pic or more of your great work?! haha JK I know if you created this he would have a full cast on his own whole arm! lol

Hahahaha!  Thanks, man.  No, the picture is legit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Um I would neverwish injury on any player let alone our own but if we use Woody over Vareen in the afc game I will have problems understanding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Could it be a Pats ruse to make folks think it's worse than it really is? Just asking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cast that baby up and use it as a club to block TFB!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I want to see woody and Vereen on the field at the same time lined up on Brady's left and right. they both have similar qualities and I think one of he ways to exploit the ravens d is to use them at the same time. welker, Hern, woody, Vereen and Lloyd would be an interesting personnel grouping.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

.... Still think they use him more in Passing Situations. Like to know what his ratio is to Rushing attempts to Fumbles, I think its pretty high.

Bobbysu would you be surprised to know that the fact is Shane Vereen has NEVER in his NFL Career fumbled on a rushing attempt!! The fumble earlier in the year was actually on a pass reception. Vereens career stats are 77 rushes = ZERO fumbles, 8 receptions = 1 fumble. So that is 85 touches = 1 fumble!! Sorta like Ridley, just a case where the fumble was recently so folks over play it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol I had to wear one of those when I sprained my thumb. Hurt like you wouldn't believe. I would expect Vereen to get the lion shares of snaps over Woody but if it's a sprain he could play in a pinch (maybe why he's practicing?) and should be fine after another week

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

since it is the Ravens, and the issue is exposing the LB's matchups and pass protection I would think that Woody and Vereen play better on these points than Ridley, just like we saw last Sunday. Not Saying Ridley doesnt get snaps, but both Woody and Vereen can be a big part of the game plan.

A win starts with protecting Brady. Woody, in the opinion of the coaching staff, does that better than Ridley...

I would assume the game plan will also include having Lewis on either Hern or Woody/Vereen...Pats will take that match up all day

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Vereen seems more like an outside threat, Woody is an inside threat.  Play them both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I was expecting to come in here and find a picture of a half-bionic Woodhead.

I gotta admit...I'm slightly disappointed...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I want to see woody and Vereen on the field at the same time lined up on Brady's left and right. they both have similar qualities and I think one of he ways to exploit the ravens d is to use them at the same time. welker, Hern, woody, Vereen and Lloyd would be an interesting personnel grouping.

thats what id vote for too. but with a damaged thumb, i dont klnow if i got that way.

if he trys to catch a pass or his thumb touches anythign, he cna not only drop the abll but injure it more. maybe its a little better for the sb