Worried about Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Worried about Moss

I am kind of worried about Randy. We haven't heard much from him all week except for that comment about being disappointed. Then he is not picked for team captain after being one the last two years.

Maybe it is nothing. Maybe something. What do you guys think? and how do you think he will do Sunday. Score big? or lack?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Re: Worried about Moss

In Response to Worried about Moss:
    [QUOTE]I am kind of worried about Randy. We haven't heard much from him all week except for that comment about being disappointed. Then he is not picked for team captain after being one the last two years. Maybe it is nothing. Maybe something. What do you guys think? and how do you think he will do Sunday. Score big? or lack?
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]
    Moss is a great player but is a very BIG head case. No one will know for sure until game time and see what he does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think anyone that is not concerned about Moss is kidding themselves. This guy wasn't on very good graces last year and I think you will see a major meltdown from him this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only reason why you are worried over Moss not being picked as a captain is because Breer had to make a mountain out of an ant hill. 

The Pats already locked up priority number 1, Moss is next. Brady won't let the Pats just let his best WR go. Welker is good, but Moss helps creates running room for him. Without Moss, Rex would just put Reevis in the slot and send 9 defenders because the safeties won't need to protect the deep ball. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Give me a break. Randy is a professional. He is and will continue to be one of the best receivers in the NFL. He has looked very good in preseason. When the whistle blows on Sunday, he will be ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

No worries, Randy needs to build his bank for a big contract with or with out the patriots

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I beleive you all are the same guys that said Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Seymour, Harrison and Warren should have been retained past there time too.

If the Patriots choose to pay Faulk, Randy, and Welker for 3 more years then we are going to witness the same kind of dismantling with the offense that we are experiencing now with the D. Eventually the team needs to part with the vets and sign younger tallent for less money. Can they keep one premier WR yes but can they keep two??? probably not unless those two decide they want to stay around for an average salary instead of the record breaking one Tom just got.

Last year Peyton had to develp two unknows Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie on the fly and eventually Brady will have to do the same. The only way the Patriots can stay good and not suffer the drain they have on the defense with the offense is two sign one prime time player, sign a vet and draft well. they cannot sign them all. Don't forget all there RB's are in there final year as well.

All i am saying is something has to give..... It is Moss OR Welker not both.

In 2011 there are other problems asumming there is a season.... Do we retain Merriweather, Tag him, or let him hit the market and extend Chung?

We won repeatedly when FA's signed fair deals @ practical rates and were retained for practical money later on... Now all the FA's want tip top dollar they feel they owe it to themselves and the NFLPA to max out on every deal rather than settling for a average or practical deal on a team they love.

The next SB will not be on the backs of Moss and Welker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Moss will be Moss, 1200-1500 yards, 10-16 TD's and 70-100 catches. Nothing to worry about, he has Brady throwing him the ball and he is on a winning franchise. Brady got his contract, I suspect Moss is next on the line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Worried about Moss:
    [QUOTE]I beleive you all are the same guys that said Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Seymour, Harrison and Warren should have been retained past there time too. If the Patriots choose to pay Faulk, Randy, and Welker for 3 more years then we are going to witness the same kind of dismantling with the offense that we are experiencing now with the D. ....Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

Um, not sure this makes any sense.  They let all those veterans go on defense and a "dismantling" of the defense has been the result.  But you're saying they should let the vets go on offense or else they will suffer the same fate on that side?  Maybe it's me, but I don't get the logic.  Shouldn't they keep those guys to avoid the same dismantling?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

You guys worry too much.....

Randy will be fine and let the chips fall where they may...
    Remember he already took the discount too...

My bet is that he goes with Brady to wherever that finish line might be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I beleive you all are the same guys that said Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Seymour, Harrison and Warren should have been retained past there time too. If the Patriots choose to pay Faulk, Randy, and Welker for 3 more years then we are going to witness the same kind of dismantling with the offense that we are experiencing now with the D. Eventually the team needs to part with the vets and sign younger tallent for less money. Can they keep one premier WR yes but can they keep two??? probably not unless those two decide they want to stay around for an average salary instead of the record breaking one Tom just got. Last year Peyton had to develp two unknows Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie on the fly and eventually Brady will have to do the same. The only way the Patriots can stay good and not suffer the drain they have on the defense with the offense is two sign one prime time player, sign a vet and draft well. they cannot sign them all. Don't forget all there RB's are in there final year as well. All i am saying is something has to give..... It is Moss OR Welker not both. In 2011 there are other problems asumming there is a season.... Do we retain Merriweather, Tag him, or let him hit the market and extend Chung? We won repeatedly when FA's signed fair deals @ practical rates and were retained for practical money later on... Now all the FA's want tip top dollar they feel they owe it to themselves and the NFLPA to max out on every deal rather than settling for a average or practical deal on a team they love. The next SB will not be on the backs of Moss and Welker
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

I think you're being presumptuous if you think Randy is past his prime, over the past three years he has been the best receiver in the league and will go down as one of the best ever. Last season there was no dropoff, there was no drop off when Cassall was at QB, at least on Randy's part..?

He's bigger than any other "speed" receiver, he's faster than Larry Fitzgerald or any other "big" receiver.  Ron Borges wrote a decent column on RM in the herald recently, Randy signed a friendly contract to come here there's no reason to think he won't sign a cap friendly extension.  He is a freak and will be good until his back gives out...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worried about Moss : Um, not sure this makes any sense.  They let all those veterans go on defense and a "dismantling" of the defense has been the result.  But you're saying they should let the vets go on offense or else they will suffer the same fate on that side?  Maybe it's me, but I don't get the logic.  Shouldn't they keep those guys to avoid the same dismantling?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I think it is just you...... When all your stars exceed there prime and are extended contracts @ or around the same age your teams age increases and your star caliber diminishes simultaneously. if you had a mixture of Draft picks, FA's, Vets, etc... would all our players reach an age or retirement at a similar time? No. Bottom line sign Moss or Wleker not both, draft a stud WR, scoop up a FA RB etc... Did we do that with the D? Did we sign impact FA's, we tried and failed on two... Colvin got injured so that was a crapshoot and Thomas was what he was... Did we draft developmental player to replace our veteran leaders on the defense? No, we reached for potential and miss fired on a lot of project players...

I would rather trade or release these guys then rely on them to take us to the super bowl past there prime... There is a team that does this well in the AFC and i beleive they have won as many SB as any team and have been to more than any other since 1960. Plus they have been @ least once in the last four decades?  I beleive....?  The Steelers...

I beleive we should pay the first contract and the third... Players on there second contract are trying to max out and offer little to no reward....

The colts do a fine Job too, they sign there QB, a WR, draft tallent on the line and in the back field and develop skilled players to operrate around there two focal points. You do not see them signing every player on there roster @ top dollar.

The point about the D is that our WHOLE D has less than 2 years of starting experience.... NOW what caused this depletion of talent ALL @ the same time??? I personally beleive we held onto too many of out defensive starters too long... We never pasted the torch... we either signed BUMS or STARS off the FA market nothing in between. The draft picks were reaches and often got cut, the bum FA's never worked out and the stars let us down.... So what did we do? We signed our own aging vets as stopgaps and they all flew the coup at the same time leaving us to do a major overhaul on the defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I want him to play, mostly to tie up coverage, but if he does the Diva Dive, we can move on without him.  Not my favorite option, and to be honest I don't know why the team didn't make it very clear to him if they wanted him or not- but we can do ok.  If he starts to act up, grab a decent receiver and move on.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

IF you are worried about Moss, then WHERE is the worried about Welker too? 
    If I'm not mistaken, Welker is also viewed by the fans as one of the new leaders of the offense & he wasn't chosen either.

It sounds like the players decided they only wanted 2 offensive & 2 defensinve captains.  It makes pure sense that Faulk & Brady were chosen on offense for their experience & leadership having BOTH been on the 3 SB winning Patriots teams.  As for Defense, Wilfork is a given & with so many new young defensive players, the other leader is Mayo.

I am not worried about Moss one bit.  He was asked a question & answered it honestly.  I don't think it's because he's a nut case, it's because he has been working his butt off the past couple seasons & feels he should have had some communication from the top brass because of it (in the form of a contract extension).  Remember, we all don't know the situation, but it sounds like the Moss camp has tried to contact the top brass about an extension & the top brass hasn't probably even responded because of the other contracts that they had to deal with first.

The parts that Moss is probably most unhappy about & what most fair weather patriots fan so quickly forget is that Moss played extremely injured at the begining of last season & continued to still play even when other injuries came up with him (SAME with Tom Brady last year).  Moss looks healthy & ready again this season, so I am willing to say, Moss WILL get an extension offer, but if he accepts that offer will be up to the him & what that offer ends up being.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

People have been worrying about Moss since he got here. Any complaints so far?

He's earned the benefit of the doubt. If he didn't quit in 08 when Brady went down, I find it hard to believe he'll quit at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Moss did a lot of off season training this year and it shows with the way he came into camp a bit leaner.  He looks faster in the preseason, Moss is taking this year serious.  No worries for Moss here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'm more worried we'll be hit by locusts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't see why anybody would be worried about Moss either.  Like others have said, he's in a contract year and he knows it's close to the end of a great career.  One more big contract and then quits.  So, this year we get to see the best he has to offer.  Moss will have a great year.  I do wish we could keep him.  We'll see what next year brings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]I think anyone that is not concerned about Moss is kidding themselves. This guy wasn't on very good graces last year and I think you will see a major meltdown from him this year.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

So, a guy who is showcasing himself with Tom Brady, at age 33, for the last deal of his career, YOU expect a meltdown? And anyone who doesn't believe in your opinion is kidding themselves?

Your troll work is almost unmatched as a supposed Pats fan.

Are you this bitter off this board with your life?  Good luck.

Randy Moss had a year that was as good or better than Reggie Wayne's last year.  Moss played 13 games with a separated shoulder.  

During the season, and especially in the Carolina game, Moss was hammered  by the media here, with total cheap shots.

Ridiculous.   I'll take Brady's leadership and word about Moss's work ethic and attitudes, Moss's career numbers/production and game changing ability in a contract year over your logice any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I think anyone that is not concerned about Moss is kidding themselves. This guy wasn't on very good graces last year and I think you will see a major meltdown from him this year.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Not on very good graces with who?  You?  Don't think he lost much sleep over not getting your approval.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'm not too worried. Either he shows up and plays hard or he doesn't. if he doesn't he will be hurting himself more if he decides to try out free agency next year. Elite teams, will be tracking his play and his media comments. WRs over 33 can't be demanding over 10 mill a season if the numbers on the field don't add up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I beleive you all are the same guys that said Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Seymour, Harrison and Warren should have been retained past there time too. If the Patriots choose to pay Faulk, Randy, and Welker for 3 more years then we are going to witness the same kind of dismantling with the offense that we are experiencing now with the D. Eventually the team needs to part with the vets and sign younger tallent for less money. Can they keep one premier WR yes but can they keep two??? probably not unless those two decide they want to stay around for an average salary instead of the record breaking one Tom just got. Last year Peyton had to develp two unknows Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie on the fly and eventually Brady will have to do the same. The only way the Patriots can stay good and not suffer the drain they have on the defense with the offense is two sign one prime time player, sign a vet and draft well. they cannot sign them all. Don't forget all there RB's are in there final year as well. All i am saying is something has to give..... It is Moss OR Welker not both. In 2011 there are other problems asumming there is a season.... Do we retain Merriweather, Tag him, or let him hit the market and extend Chung? We won repeatedly when FA's signed fair deals @ practical rates and were retained for practical money later on... Now all the FA's want tip top dollar they feel they owe it to themselves and the NFLPA to max out on every deal rather than settling for a average or practical deal on a team they love. The next SB will not be on the backs of Moss and Welker
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]
    Welker is 29 years old.  What would you do, draft a guy at 23, develop him so he gets to peak production at 26, then trade him away at 29.  I don't understand why some of you are looking to get rid of guys at their peak. 

That's what all the years of development are working toward... getting a guy who is the best or one of the best in the NFL, then when we have one of the best reciever duo's in NFL history in their prime you want to get rid of them.

I understand thinking about the future but selling off all the talent the team has now because they might not be good in 4 or 5 years is crazy, especially given how much youth is already on the team.  If you keep building a team to be great in 2 years, you will always be 2 years from being great team.