4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Worst officiating ever

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JohnTAlouette's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the Pats deserved every one of the penalties on the defense.  but the refs let the ravens hold almost every play.

[/QUOTE]

Holding is one thing, but horse- collaring your man from behind is hard to miss. If we saw it on tv in real time, how could the officials miss it when they're standing right next to it?

[/QUOTE]

They're just not going to call it. Goodell's orders. This is what the pink hats don't. THey can't wait to hammer the D, but it's harder to play D in this day and age and easier to play offense because they don't call holding on the OL.

But, wait, Gronk held that Ravens player!  lmao

You know when the announcers go quiet on a replay, we have a problem.

[/QUOTE]

Just bumping this since it was the last meaningful post.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AZPAT.....are you really a Pats fan?...........seems like you want to squelch any are argument that supports the Pats complaint. If this was such a fair game....why are all the talking heads discussing the officiating of this game today. What is your opinion on the measurement play and the subsequent first down from that stretch out of bounds? Was that a first down in your opinion? That was the worst call of the game in my opinion ....and a momentum changer. I do though support your premise that the D just couldn't stop much.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am a Pats fan. I go back to teh good old days of BU Alumni Field, Fenway Park, and Harvard Stadium. I have a dog in the fight. But, I am also a realist. I don't whine about how other factors determined the outcome of the game, other than poor performance by our players. Or, when the lame for a WHOLE game loss is pinned on one play and only one play. I've seen the good, the bag, and the ugly, and not just the movie.

Fact 1: The Ravens receiived MORE penalty calls/yards that the Pats (14 vs 10; 135 yds vs 83). Even bad refs don't toss hankies if there is no reason to. Sorry, but the Pats deserved theoir penalties, just as the Ravens did theirs. Don't want dumb penalties? Styop poutting yourself in position to get them. That is SOOOOO simple.

Fact 2: The stretching out call? Honestly tell me that this call has NEVER happened when "real" refs are on the field. PLEASE tell me that this has never happened with a "real" ref!!  Doesn't matter what I think about the call or ball placement. The D had opportunity to stop teh Raven before he got to that point, but didn't (couldn't, like other efforts later in teh game?). THAT play did not cause the Pats to lose. Offensive ineptitude in the 4th Qtr against a revved up Defense did.

Fact 3:  Doesn't it seem funny that Brady has been unable to seemingly motivate and move teh offense late in games, more specifically from the 8:00 minute mark of the 4th Qtr? When was the last time he drove the team down the field to regain a "two score" advantage/lead, in a game that really meant something? The O, under his direction, rolled over and played dead against a dangerous defense in THEIR house. These are things that didn't happen up to the 2007 SB in Phoenix. What's their playoff record since then? I count two SB losses, in games they SHOULD have won.  (This includes over and underthrowing OPEN receivers.) Samuels drop of an "in his hands and bread basket" INT in 2007 was THE play of that game.

The recent editions of the Pats teams just don't seem to have the underdog, "us against the world" attitude anymore. The NFL has caught up with them, and it shows. They can't seem to stay fired up for the entire 60 minutes. They don't even have that hungry attitude that other great franchises have (ie: Steelers, old Raiders, etc). To many late game "9 play, 32 yards, punt" scenarios. Sorry, but I am nit please with that. Stats be dammed...... close the games out!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AZPAT.....are you really a Pats fan?...........seems like you want to squelch any are argument that supports the Pats complaint. If this was such a fair game....why are all the talking heads discussing the officiating of this game today. What is your opinion on the measurement play and the subsequent first down from that stretch out of bounds? Was that a first down in your opinion? That was the worst call of the game in my opinion ....and a momentum changer. I do though support your premise that the D just couldn't stop much.

[/QUOTE]

"What is your opinion on the measurement play and the subsequent first down from that stretch out of bounds? Was that a first down in your opinion? That was the worst call of the game in my opinion ...."

Really? REALLY????  At the NE 38 yard line? It was s short pass that went for sufficient yardage to bring the review into play. Seems to me, adn I was at the game, the D missed a few opportunities to bring Boldin down well short of The Spot. Sorry to see that you also missed the next three subsequent  plays: two rushes by Rice for a total of 13 yards, and a 25 yd TD toss. Where was the vaunted Pats D after the reversal? Don't tell me that the call "demoralized" them sufficiently so that they had the inability to play defense. But, then you have divined that the Ravens would not have picked up the yard via a Rice rush to continue the drive.

So, tell me what the winning Power Ball numbers are going to be for tomorrow night's drawing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

The claim that the FG was wide? Sorry, but if you have a ref looking right up the goal post, and he says it's good, then it's good. That's why that play is NOT reviewable; it's a judgement call. NO ONE, including TV, has that camera/viewing angle of looking up the goal post. Any other view/camera angle is purely one dimensional and irrelevent.

Instead of whining about the FG, let's hear more of how McCourtey gave the Ravens the field position for the chip shot. With few exceptions, I haven't seen many Pats fans bringing this up. Or the D giving up 500+ yards. Or Brady's glaring ability to shut down in the 4th Qtr with a lead. Or the O's growing willingness to have 4th Qtr drives that are similar: 8 plays, 4:54 off the clock, punt. NO WAY this Pats' world beating offense should be doing that! Could it possibly be that maybe, JUST maybe, the other team's D is that much better when it counts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Joeyff's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, the officiating has been putrid---look at the call in the Detroit-Tennessee game,

spotting the ball 12 yards ahead of where it was supposed to be,

the fines levied on Coaches Fox and DelRio, and the replacements' total lack of knowledge

of rules (five yards being tacked on at the end of an offside on a punt).

These guys are in over their heads....however

The biggest issue for the Patriots was the woeful play of their secondary, especially 

Arrington and McCorty. The owners of the teams should be faulted along with Commissioner

Goodell for their willingness to put forth an inferior product. I am very concerned about

player safety. There have been some savage hits and players should be concerned

about their physical safety. Once again, greed rules!

[/QUOTE]I watched the Tennessee/Detroit game and the worst call was when a Tennessee

fumble recovery of a completed Detroit pass was denied and Detroit tossed their Hail Mary on the next play to send the game into overtime.