Worst secondary in the league?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joem67. Show joem67's posts

Worst secondary in the league?

You could certainly make a good argument. And how about the awful special teams play. I don't blame the Jets for the re-kick even though it failed. The odds were you'd get much better field position. It's disappointing that the o-line has done such good work with nothing to show for it while the well-rested defense has come out with NO pass rush and AWFUL coverage.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanmaine72. Show patsfanmaine72's posts

Re: Worst secondary in the league?

its not as bad as we think. We just have NO linebackers..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

yes I agree with you its starts with the linebackers...just bad play calling on offense as well today one of the worst pats games of the BB era..thoroughly disgusted..patriot fan since 1974

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

In Response to Worst secondary in the league?:
    Come on, how many points did the DEF surrender??? 16! That's pretty ok on my book for a defense having lost so many starters.
    Today the OFF was to blame...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

after watching that game, i think the secondary was one of the few units that played fine. wilhite gave up a play but also looked pretty good most of the time, bodden doesnt get thrown to, and the safetys were good in run support. i'm surprised you picked them out to complain about.
    what about the lack of pass rush? and why dont we ever send a blitz? what about all the penalties? what about the lack of a running game? what about the fact that we have only one downfield receiver? or that brady still hasnt regained his timing? those all seem like much bigger problems to me. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

None of this is on the secondary.  It is a TERRIBLE defensive scheme that Bellicheck used.

Yiu can't do Zone coverage with NO PASS rush and expect to stop 8 yeard pass plays.  It was a ffff-ing joke, the scheme that Bellicheck cooked up.

Hopefully he wakes up and realizes he doesn't have 3 - 5 all pro's on this defense - whoich means GET CREATIVE!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Nobody has a good secondary. Thanks to Bill Pollian.  If you have no pass rush the Secondary has no chance.  We have no pass rush.  To me its to vanilla.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

In Response to Re: Worst secondary in the league?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Worst secondary in the league? : Come on, how many points did the DEF surrender??? 16! That's pretty ok on my book for a defense having lost so many starters. Today the OFF was to blame...
    Posted by FrogLegs[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree with this post. The D did their part a HUGE stop at the end of the game and giving the ball back to the offense with 2mins left on the clock. What more could anyone ask??

OK so the D gave up one TD.(Which ended up being the difference in the game) Would you have believed it if someone said that this all-world offense would fail to connect on at least 1 TD??

I thought that it was the Offense that was supposed to give the D a break(while they figure things out) but it looks like its the other way round. The D is keeping the offense alive by holding the other team to a low score!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPat27. Show BigPat27's posts

Man we haven't done anything ever since they busted us with the video taping!!!  Shoot!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

wow you are are on fire today leon! kind of funny actually...
    but dont you have any friends in ny to celebrate your victory with rather than to be glued to your computer and posting on here? 

[QUOTE]Man we haven't done anything ever since they busted us with the video taping!!!  Shoot!!
    Posted by BigPat27[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Worst secondary in the league?:
    [QUOTE]You could certainly make a good argument. And how about the awful special teams play. I don't blame the Jets for the re-kick even though it failed. The odds were you'd get much better field position. It's disappointing that the o-line has done such good work with nothing to show for it while the well-rested defense has come out with NO pass rush and AWFUL coverage.....
    Posted by joem67[/QUOTE]

We gave up 137 yds in the air and your blaming our secondary?! Our rushing d gave up 117 yds on the ground and you guys think that's bad???  Our offense was 0 for 3 in the red zone. No touchdowns..no win. Tough loss but for only playing two games I like what I see defensively.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody has a good secondary. Thanks to Bill Pollian.  If you have no pass rush the Secondary has no chance.  We have no pass rush.  To me its to vanilla.
    Posted by ZekeMowattreturns[/QUOTE]

The defense wasn't the problem IMHO.  The Jets made a play right out the box in the 2nd half.  That happens.  Special Teams wasn't special.