Would CrabTree Guarantee a SuperBowl title?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Would CrabTree Guarantee a SuperBowl title?

I'm not going to pretend that the Patriots would be making any moves for Crabtree.  But right now the Pats are loaded with draft picks, let's just say the Pats traded their 2011 pick from the Raiders for Crabtree.  Maybe they get Crabtree and a 2nd rd pick from the 49ers.  Crabtree would be awesome with Moss and Welker, he would also give the Pats a young talented WR and replacement for Moss in the event of his retirement.  It would also give the Pats a backup in the event Moss were to get injured this season.  Would Crabtree give NE all the firepower it needed for this season to get to Miami? I would love this trade and it would make sense.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Would CrabTree Guarantee a SuperBowl title?

as far as i know any talk about crabtree is just wishful thinking.... his rights cant be traded until march ( i could be very wrong but i thought i heard it ).... on ability alone Grogan he would be the ideal young WR to make our third and bring him in with Moss and Welker

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: Would CrabTree Guarantee a SuperBowl title?:
    [QUOTE]as far as i know any talk about crabtree is just wishful thinking.... his rights cant be traded until march ( i could be very wrong but i thought i heard it ).... on ability alone Grogan he would be the ideal young WR to make our third and bring him in with Moss and Welker
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

Well I missed that one! Your right about Crabtree's rights, but it's still an interesting discussion. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

But would you really want a guy who's complaining before he dons a NFL jersey? I think we stay away from that headache and hold on to that pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Is WR the one thing we are missing?  Can he rush the QB?  I actually think we look good at the WR position.  Point taken on Moss and what would happen if he was injured, but we have promising WR's in the pipeline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]But would you really want a guy who's complaining before he dons a NFL jersey? I think we stay away from that headache and hold on to that pick.
    Posted by datdude401[/QUOTE]

The Pats are loaded with picks right now, but trading away Oakland's 1st in 2011 for Crabtree would add alot of options for the Pats.  As the season wears on and teams drop out of the playoff hunt,Crabtree would present excellent trade value for the Pats.  The Pats could keep Crabtree for next season, trade the pick for players and of course picks.  The Bad teams would give an arm and a leg for a top flight WR, rather than take their chances in the draft.  Either way the Pats would win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garagedoor. Show garagedoor's posts

In Response to Would CrabTree Guarantee a SuperBowl title?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to pretend that the Patriots would be making any moves for Crabtree.  But right now the Pats are loaded with draft picks, let's just say the Pats traded their 2011 pick from the Raiders for Crabtree.  Maybe they get Crabtree and a 2nd rd pick from the 49ers.  Crabtree would be awesome with Moss and Welker, he would also give the Pats a young talented WR and replacement for Moss in the event of his retirement.  It would also give the Pats a backup in the event Moss were to get injured this season.  Would Crabtree give NE all the firepower it needed for this season to get to Miami? I would love this trade and it would make sense. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

He gaurantees nothing to anyone. Receivers are the most difficult players to evaluate for the draft. Frequently, number one receivers fail and those drafted in later rounds succeed. More so than any position. Crabtree is stupid anyway. He waits a year, his value goes down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Bradon Tate sounds more like a rep for Moss than headcase Crabtree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

A NFL qb needs 2.5 seconds from the shotgun in order for the pass to be productive. In the jet game the jets were on Brady in 1.85 seconds average. 
    What the Pats need is either better olinemen or a better oline coach not another speedster receiver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am all set with this kid. He has bust writen all over him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Crabtree isn't even that fast anyway.

I rather address the o.line, and improve the def, or adding a pass rusher with those picks we have. Brady will most likely make any WR look good with enough time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPieman. Show JohnnyPieman's posts

I'd say no. No way.

The Patriots problems, stemming back to the loss to the Colts in 2006 and just hammered home by the loss to the Giants in the superbowl, is the offensive line has been exposed. You beat up Tom Brady, you lose even with Randy Moss at WR. 

Considering how many "can't miss" WR's have missed since 1999 I don't think you can say anything about a WR until he's played in the NFL and you see he can get it done.

If the draft gurus were to be believed, the Detroit Lions should have fielded the greatest WR corps in the history of football, only to find out that only one of the multiple 'game changing forces of nature' could actually play.

I also have a hard time believing that a coach who got sick of Terry Glenn is going to put up with Michael Crabtree.

I also see no evidence that he would be any less of a total moron about his contract here than in San Fransisco, and a guy who thinks that he's going to get drafted higher and paid like crazy after what he did to San Fran and holding out next year is pretty delusional. He thinks he should be paid based on where he was drafted in Draft Guides published months before the draft, and not where he was actually drafted.

Even as a hypothetical fantasy football thing, I'd pass and take what we get in 2011. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd rather they get aggressive, move up in the draft if need be to get some elite game changing talent.

Though talented Crabtree is too much of a princess.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Would a...

Rookie
    ..who plays a position that rookies traditionally struggle at
    who is a prima donna
    who would be coming in WAY behind schedule
    who is coming off an injury

...guarantee a Super Bowl title?  I would argue that he wouldn't even guarantee a single reception all year, let alone guarantee the NFL's ultimate prize.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

NO!  PLease drop this Crabeee coming to the pats wet dream....we don't want the idiot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I want that Linbacker from Alabama, McClain I think it is, the defense would be way better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No. Believe or not: he is not Jerry Rice and considering he hasn't played a down of NFL football, he's not JJ Stokes either. Didn't he play the spread in college ? If given the choice between Joe Thomas and Braylon Edwards...I take Thomas nearly every time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

its not about the draft picks... he wants top 4 money when he was drafted @ 8... which is ridiculous... Def wouldnt give up any draft picks for him.

I think our draft picks need to be used to restock defense over the next 2 years... Plus the news on brandon tate is really good, who knows, mayb he can step in..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]its not about the draft picks... he wants top 4 money when he was drafted @ 8... which is ridiculous... Def wouldnt give up any draft picks for him. I think our draft picks need to be used to restock defense over the next 2 years... Plus the news on brandon tate is really good, who knows, mayb he can step in..
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]
    Right now he's getting a big fat zero.  he can want anything he wants, but eventually he's going to have to give in or stay broke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Would CrabTree Guarantee a SuperBowl title?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to pretend that the Patriots would be making any moves for Crabtree.  But right now the Pats are loaded with draft picks, let's just say the Pats traded their 2011 pick from the Raiders for Crabtree.  Maybe they get Crabtree and a 2nd rd pick from the 49ers.  Crabtree would be awesome with Moss and Welker, he would also give the Pats a young talented WR and replacement for Moss in the event of his retirement.  It would also give the Pats a backup in the event Moss were to get injured this season.  Would Crabtree give NE all the firepower it needed for this season to get to Miami? I would love this trade and it would make sense. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]    Certainly, provided that he can pass block,run block, catch passes that are thrown generally in his direction, defend the run and pass wherever it's thrown. If he's the man then the Pats need him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

NO NO NO... crabtree cant be traded til march. why in the H-E-(double hockey sticks) would you want this guy???

he hasnt even touched a football since college, didnt workout at the combine, has not creditials of being a top reciever in the NFL, and from what I know he probably cant learn a playbook which is so extensive that others before him have failed to pick up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]No. Believe or not: he is not Jerry Rice and considering he hasn't played a down of NFL football, he's not JJ Stokes either. Didn't he play the spread in college ? If given the choice between Joe Thomas and Braylon Edwards...I take Thomas nearly every time.
     John, that's unfair, you know Joe thomas is a better run blocker than Edwards.