Would Greg Ellis be a good fit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Would Greg Ellis be a good fit?

I saw that Greg Ellis was a candidate to be either replaced or traded.  Does anyone else find him an appealing candidate?  I think with his height and reach, plus the fact that he has played the OL linebacker in the 3-4 might make him a nice fit.  He is 6-6 270 LBS and had 12.5 sack in 2007 and 8 sacks in 2008.  Also, he is known as a leader in the locker.  As a discussion point what do you guys think?  He is 34 so probably has 2-3 years left. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Would Greg Ellis be a good fit?

If he's released, the Pats will make a run at him.

He's been a consistently good player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Plus he probably wants to go somewhere that has snow so he can throw chunks of ice at fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Greg Ellis is a bit old. But he wouldn't be a bad guy to bring in as a vet/situational rusher.

But I wouldn't expect much. Most edge rusher types don't do much at his age.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

[QUOTE]Greg Ellis is a bit old. But he wouldn't be a bad guy to bring in as a vet/situational rusher. But I wouldn't expect much. Most edge rusher types don't do much at his age.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I think that Jason Taylor is also a bit old too.  Maybe a stopgap is best fit for the money.  Ellis may be a good fit for the money and especially if he is released.  He is a strong leader and teacher too from what I hear.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I saw that Greg Ellis was a candidate to be either replaced or traded.  Does anyone else find him an appealing candidate?  I think with his height and reach, plus the fact that he has played the OL linebacker in the 3-4 might make him a nice fit.  He is 6-6 270 LBS and had 12.5 sack in 2007 and 8 sacks in 2008.  Also, he is known as a leader in the locker.  As a discussion point what do you guys think?  He is 34 so probably has 2-3 years left. 
    Posted by kittycat6969[/QUOTE] it dosent sound like he is going anywhere.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/greg-ellis-not-looking-over-his-shoulder/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

[QUOTE]it dosent sound like he is going anywhere. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/greg-ellis-not-looking-over-his-shoulder/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I read what Jerry Jones says below as saying that cutting Ellis is a possibility.  This quote below was far from an endorsement IMO.  He is $4.15M on the Cap.  I think we could swing it since we went cheap in the draft.  The alternative, is keeping many rooks and going cheap contracts and toss a few higher contracts if we so we can make the run at Peppers or Taylor.  I just feel BB will not stand Pat at this vital position.   

“I know he had that same concern when Spencer came in,” Cowboys team owner Jerry Jones said. “He had that same concern when he moved over [from defensive end to outside linebacker]. And that’s rightfully so.

“I think the world of Greg, but anything we do there one way or the other, I don’t want him to read about it. I want to sit down and talk to him about it.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He would be a perfect fit! He was a Bill Parcells guy when he was with big D and he is a great locker room guy. He would come here for a ring. If he is cut i would really like to sign this guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I think he might fit in at a bargain price too.

Kittycat6969, your moniker has me wondering what you look likeTongue out