Would Heath Evans Be Helpful?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Would Heath Evans Be Helpful?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20110213heath_evans_full_of_options_keeps_eye_on_lockout_patriots/

He only wants to play in New Orleans or New England.

Sam Morris and Fragile Fred didn't help much last season. The addition of Crumpler and Gronk really helped our running game.

I think we need someone who can help on 3rd and shor and help protect Brady. Would be nice if he could catch too. Would prefer a younger RB, but Evans would improve our depth at RB.

Would Heath Evans be a good addition to our running back corp?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Would Heath Evans Be Helpful?

Im one who thought they should've kept him over Morris/Taylor. What F. Taylor made 9mil and did exactly what? Evans was a do it all for us. Cant predict how much he has left but Id imagine its more than Taylor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I completely agree.  I feel we need a good, hard-nosed FB for short-yardage, goal line and pass protection.  Heath was a beast when he was here.  He played hard, smart, hurt and mean.  Caught the ball well out of the backfield too.  We bring in Heath to go w/ BJGE & Woody, then you pick up another tailback and you are good.  Need a mean FB to help on goalline rather than getting our starting DL & OL hurt on FB plays (re Seymour & Connolly).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Evans or Brian Leonard would be a good addition

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Sammy Morris was healthy all year and was an integral part of the special teams. Fred Taylor was a wasted pickup.

I would love to get Heath Evans back. I hope the Pats bring Kevin Faulk back as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

What would he do, what position would he play? FB? I think the Pats  have moved way from a dedicated FB, and use guys like Connoly now.

Now if the Pats shed Morris, taylor and don't bring Faulk back, they coould make room for him as a third down option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

It'd be great to have him back for 1st and 2nd down as a lead blocker. He played decent on special teams as well. Though the last several years BB hasn't had a true FB on the roster, Evans can run the ball too and I was hoping we would get a bull type of RB to compliment Green-Ellis and Woodhead and maybe Evans could fill that roll as well as FB and special teams plus he's a good character who wants to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

I'd pass. New Orleans had one of the worst running games in the NFL this year.
    he certainly didn't help them it seems.
    If you want a pass blocking FB..and maybe he can catch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Heath Evans is and always will be a great Patriot ..... At 32 he will bring a Crumpler type locker presence and be a got short yardege type back. İf the price is right İd be all for İt !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Totally depends on the money.

He's still one of the premier pass blocking / 3rd down receiving FB's in the league. He's very good on short yardage.

I don't think looking at a team that was devasted with RB injuries like NO was and attributing that to Evans is fair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No.

The Pats don't use a FB.

He's not a good enough runner or receiver to be effective back there alone.

Sammy Morris was perfectly capable as a lead blocker, and was a solid ST contributor as well.

For Heath Evan to have any value in NE, they'd have to revamp the whole offensive mindset. I don't think he's a player worth doing that for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

would be good for depth, but maybe we should continue with getting a young RB who runs north south - someone totally opposite of Maroney Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: Would Heath Evans Be Helpful?:
    [QUOTE]What would he do, what position would he play? FB? I think the Pats  have moved way from a dedicated FB, and use guys like Connoly now. Now if the Pats shed Morris, taylor and don't bring Faulk back, they coould make room for him as a third down option.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Why do we want our starting guard to go into the backfield and a bum have to go into the game. I wouldnt mind evans but would prefer brian leonard

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'd rather go to the draft and take someone like Henry Hynoski who could be that third blocking tight end but also be capable of lining up in the backfield, or Stanley Havili who has a similar skill set to Sammy Morris as a FB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I think having a starting OL/DL playing FB is a waste.  Bring back Heath who loved it here, played his butt off for BB, bc he gave him a chance.  He plays mean and HATES the Dolphins for cutting him.  Plus, Maroney's best years really came running behind Evans.  Evans is younger than Morris and does all the things Sammy does (block, run, catch, special teams).  Bring back the big mean man who levels people.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Lked him when he was here.  He's been and gone.  I don't think he's coming back and I don't really see the need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd rather draft a power running back personally. someone that you hand the ball to on 3rd and 3 or 4th and 2.