Would it be ok. . . . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Would it be ok. . . . . .

. . . . .if we just enjoyed the flippin' win??  Would that be ok?  I mean, holy jumped up mother goose! 

What a great win for this football team last night!  Brady was spectacular, KT was off the charts, RBs made big contributions and Talib escapes description in his performance.   D was simply outstanding for most of the game although they clearly (and understandably) tired in the 4th.  

As a fan, I'm very pleased with this win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Would it be ok. . . . . .

I loved this game!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Stop being so sensible!!.....aren't we supposed to cry & moan that we almost blew it? Maybe we should be upset that we didn't win by 35 points? You mean to tell me that there were positives last night? Say it isn't so!!  ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it was a solid win.  Spectacular? No.  But it was a very good 55 minutes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

it was a solid win.  Spectacular? No.  But it was a very good 55 minutes.

Didn't say the win was but I did think Brady's performance was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh, Gawd, ATJ...   really, some common sense on this board to simply "enjoy" a great win and not complain? Yeah, I know, a lot to ask of this fan base.  (-;

Rusty still thinks Brady played a sucky game with a few begrudging acknowledgements of some fine plays.  To some, it was not a 52 - 0 win, so, the Pats haven't played well yet!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady and Talib.. Wow! Perfect game by Talib!  I was amazed by his play last night... Amazed!

It was a very good win, Pats took advantage of some key Falcons players being out and was able to ply well and get a good win.  Certainly a big momentum push headed into the Bengals game, even with some key injuries of our own. 

On a side note.. Tony Gonzalez is the best TE ever to play the game.  17 years in the NFL and putting up a game like that last night was simply amazing to watch.

---------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Great win.

Critique of deficiencies is fine too.   If you stifle all analysis it makes for a boring board and a long wait til the next game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Great win.

Critique of deficiencies is fine too.   If you stifle all analysis it makes for a boring board and a long wait til the next game.

Not my intent, sir, ever to suggest that we stifle anything and I thank you for raising this point.  But, just once, I wanted to enjoy a win that I thought was very well earned.  My only point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I thin I needed to see ATL get back in the game... And then I think I needed to see the D make a stand against a respectable QB when momentum was against them.

Wilfork loss has kind of killed my mood... But last nights red zone stand was what I needed to see from this defense...and I got it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Thank you for starting this thread, atj! Why people like to focus on negative is beyond me. Plenty of positives in this win. Yes, Vince went down but the D held up without him for almost the whole game. KT, Edelman both had a huge game again, what a nice surprise this season. The final defensive stand was great! I watch football because the game is often being decided on the final play. How many Broncos fans stayed to watch the 4th quarter of their game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Critique is fine, legitimate and of course it makes for good discussion. But when it becomes irrational or when it's based on personal animous then it becomes just annoying. A few on this board have an agenda, and it's not to engage in rational critique or reasonable discussion of the team or its personnel. It's to pick nits and whine. 

Some folks just have a negative outlook, seemingly always expecting the worst. I don't get how it could be enjoyable to be a fan of a team and feel that way. But that's how they seem to roll. I say life is too short for that, but to each his own.

Then there are the trolls.  But the good thing with trolls is they're easy to spot and there's an ignore button.  And by the way, if you're bringing up Spygate in 2013, you're a troll by definition. Or a loser. Either way, you're on ignore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I'd be loving it a lot more if Vince wasn't hurt.  So it's kind of a dark cloud over it, but just looking at the win in a vacuum-- yeah that's all good in my book.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I will say great win.  Going into a Dome without any offensive weapons and putting up 30 has to be one of the greatest victories in the history of the game.  People, we are blessed to have Tom Brady. Kudos to a defense that suffered a significant loss and held a potent Atlanta Offense to 20 points prior to what should of been a game closeout onsides recovery by Sudfeld.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Of course. Great win for us. Amazing really. Looks like the injuries are piling up and something to keep tabs on. 

Has anyone heard anything on Dobson? Btw...loved Boyce stepping up with a shoestring catch that,he turned into a big game. These rookies may be green, but they are starting to make some big contributions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Love the play action, running to set up the pass. Old Patriots football, with a determined, and crucial stops on Defense.
    That pass to Ridley had me smiling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

What a great win for this football team last night!  Brady was spectacular, KT was off the charts, RBs made big contributions and Talib escapes description in his performance.   D was simply outstanding for most of the game although they clearly (and understandably) tired in the 4th.  

I agree with everything you wrote except about Brady (and I am a huge Brady fan).  He let sail a couple of passes.  He fumbled a snap.  But worst of all, in that situation where Dobson got hurt it was his fault.  Why?  Because on the previous play he never looked to his right (he had time) and on the right was a completely wide open receiver going to the end zone.  He could have lobbed it there for a TD.  Also, on the Dobson injury play he never looked to his right and there was an open receiver there as well (though not quite as open).  His long pass to Thompkins should have been an interception.  Credit goes entirely to Thompkins for that.  Also, he almost overthrew him for the TD pass.  (About the only negative for Thompkins was that drop on the crossing route.)

On the whole though, Brady played a very good game.  However, spectacular? -- NOT.

Stars of the game?  Talib, Talib, Talib -- in that order.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Very good game from Brady too, but not spectacular. His completion percentage was up, but he still missed quite a few.  Thought he was throwing behind some receivers too (but I think there's still timing issues involved), and a botched snap involving Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Hats off to the Pats coaching staff for jamming Gonzalez with 2 defenders near the end of game.  Might work on future opponents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great win.

Not my intent, sir, ever to suggest that we stifle anything and I thank you for raising this point.  But, just once, I wanted to enjoy a win that I thought was very well earned.  My only point.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you are not capable of enjoying a Pats win if the rest of the board is not? Perhaps you need a break from this site. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

Hats off to the Pats coaching staff for jamming Gonzalez with 2 defenders near the end of game.  Might work on future opponents.

In 2 weeks we are going to get another TE who can also dominate a game. Albeit different skill sets than Gonzalez but non the less an oppotunity for the defensive coaches to earn their pay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

. . . . .if we just enjoyed the flippin' win??  Would that be ok?  I mean, holy jumped up mother goose! 

I'm with you man. Here is my take on these close wins. They will come in handy in Jan/Feb when the game is close this team will know it can win close games. Remeber on 07 when we blew people out and when the game that counted was close we found a way to lose it, althought 5 Refs all of a sudden going blind and not seeing three holds helped, but  it shouldn't have been that close anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Critique is fine, legitimate and of course it makes for good discussion. But when it becomes irrational or when it's based on personal animous then it becomes just annoying. A few on this board have an agenda, and it's not to engage in rational critique or reasonable discussion of the team or its personnel. It's to pick nits and whine. 

Some folks just have a negative outlook, seemingly always expecting the worst. I don't get how it could be enjoyable to be a fan of a team and feel that way. But that's how they seem to roll. I say life is too short for that, but to each his own.

Then there are the trolls.  But the good thing with trolls is they're easy to spot and there's an ignore button.  And by the way, if you're bringing up Spygate in 2013, you're a troll by definition. Or a loser. Either way, you're on ignore.

If you bring up Spygate you are a pink hat and don't know anything about football.  I had a guy tell me recently that they filmed the Rams walk through.  I patiently explained that he had no knowledge of the subject he was speaking about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

[QUOTE]. . . . .if we just enjoyed the flippin' win??  Would that be ok?  I mean, holy jumped up mother goose! 

I'm with you man. Here is my take on these close wins. They will come in handy in Jan/Feb when the game is close this team will know it can win close games. Remeber on 07 when we blew people out and when the game that counted was close we found a way to lose it, althought 5 Refs all of a sudden going blind and not seeing three holds helped, but  it shouldn't have been that close anyway.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on the close wins and the benefit the team gets from learning to win them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I agree. It was nice to beat a decent team, instead of cupcakes.