Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

I favor Detroit by 8.4 points tonight.  If Baltimore realizes that they're never going to catch Miami for that #6 slot and the #4 slot is going to be tough too after Cincy beats minnesota at home at 1:00,  perhaps they'll fold by 4:15 next Sunday.

If Cincy has already beaten Minnesota, that train has left the station.  It's gone.

If Miami has already beaten Buffalo, that second train hasn't quite gone, but then

1.  Miami has to lose at home against the Jets, who bad enough in a normal year but they are notorious for falling apart on the last game of the season.  Right!  Also

2. Baltimore would have to beat Cincinnati away in week 17, a team that probably will still want a higher playoff seed, and

3.  Baltimore would have to beat the Patriots. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I don't know. They look pretty good tonight. If they make the playoffs they have shown that they are tough to beat. Their defense, when healthy, does not allow a lot points. You'll probably be lucky to get 20.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I honestly think any team could win the AFC...every team has a flaw and there is no clear cut dominant team, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpez. Show jpez's posts

The ravens seem to be that team that starts slow, and don't win pretty but they win.As much as I love to hate them I respect them  wouldn't be surprised if the went to the Superbowl.  They are tough, can't put a finger on it, can't quantify it , just simply tough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like the Pats, the Ravens went through a lot of change in the offseason (and also got hit with some key injuries) and have been improving as the year goes on.  I think they will be dangerous in the playoffs.  Can they win it all?  Maybe a long shot for them, but I wouldn't count them out. Broncos are showing weaknesses, Pats are decimated with injuries, and KC, the Bengals, and Colts aren't dominant teams.  So yeah, the Ravens could be in the mix. Nothing is very predictable this year, however, because injuries have really changed the make-up of teams as the year has progressed and a team that looked good or bad one week could be a very different team the next week.  Just look at how the Pats offense has morphed from one week to the next based on all the player changes. Can anyone really say how good the Pats' offense is now? We need to see how they adjust to the loss of Gronk before we can assess them. 

[/QUOTE]

They have not been improving at all. They barely beat Pitt at home and should have lost to awful Minny on Sunday at home.

It's the same flawed .500 or sub .500 you've seen all year.  Their O Line is awful and the cap hell has taken over.  When Cassel shreds you in a blizzard without Peterson, you know you have some issues.

[/QUOTE]

Barely, should have etc.. means nothing. Zero.

Would you be suprised to see the Pats as AFC Champions?

Because they lost to the Jets, the Dolphins, SHOULD HAVE lost to the Browns at home, BARELY  beat the Texans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I would be surprised.  They STILL CAN'T SCORE.  6 field goals??  Pathetic.  That's not going to cut it against Kansas City, who's been on a tear the last 2-3 weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would be surprised.  They STILL CAN'T SCORE.  6 field goals??  Pathetic.  That's not going to cut it against Kansas City, who's been on a tear the last 2-3 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

You left out that Ravens D held an opponent on their home field to 16 points.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

ccsji said:

"You left out that Ravens D held an opponent on their home field to 16 points....."

That opponent was a non-playoff team whose QB threw 3 picks, 2 of which were scoring opportunites for Baltimore.  I'm not persuaded one bit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

ccsji said:

"You left out that Ravens D held an opponent on their home field to 16 points....."

That opponent was a non-playoff team whose QB threw 3 picks, 2 of which were scoring opportunites for Baltimore.  I'm not persuaded one bit.

[/QUOTE]

Lions were playing for first place in division last night.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Yeah, and they stunk up the joint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, and they stunk up the joint.

[/QUOTE]

Lets just hope Pats dont gag in Baltimore - if they do they will need a win over Bills to get 3 or 4 seed, as Colts at 11-5 get the bye...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

"If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."  Tongue Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Yeah; I'm not saying the Pats will blow the Ravens out -- I don't know what to expect from our team anymore.  But I don't think the Ravens are anything close to being the team to beat in the AFC.  I personally don't think they'll make the platoffs.  Miami has a better shot.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.