would love to see baltimore in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

would love to see baltimore in the playoffs

they could have the most overated d in the NFL. allowing team after team to come back and scare them in the end. also i would like to see brady and the pats avenge themselves of last years playoff performance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: would love to see baltimore in the playoffs

I've been eyeballing Baltimore all season as the team the Pats would have to beat eventually. Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, a playoff rematch seems likely. The Ravens had their way with Bitchburgh a couple weeks ago, only to falter late (again) and let the Steelers escape. The Houston game was a blowout . . .  until, suddenly, it wasn't. I think Baltimore might be going in the wrong direction at the wrong time of year.

I'm very keen to see what they do with N'awlins this weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: would love to see baltimore in the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]I've been eyeballing Baltimore all season as the team the Pats would have to beat eventually. Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, a playoff rematch seems likely. The Ravens had their way with Bitchburgh a couple weeks ago, only to falter late (again) and let the Steelers escape. The Houston game was a blowout . . .  until, suddenly, it wasn't. I think Baltimore might be going in the wrong direction at the wrong time of year. I'm very keen to see what they do with N'awlins this weekend.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Went away from the game Monday after the Ravens TD that opened the second half then was shocked when I checked back in late in the 4th. That last TD drive was a classic. Then to make the 2 point conversion to tie. Too bad the Ravens won the toss because the announcers were right when they said the Ravens D was completely gassed. How devastating that had to be for Schaub to have led them all the way back then throw a pick 6. But with over 60 attempts you're pushing the odds you're going to get picked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

No kidding, Evil.

I shut it off when it was 21-0 and Houston couldn't do anything on offense.

I didn't find out until the next day that Baltimore barely escaped with its life.

The Ravens look like they might be having depth issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]No kidding, Evil. I shut it off when it was 21-0 and Houston couldn't do anything on offense. I didn't find out until the next day that Baltimore barely escaped with its life. The Ravens look like they might be having depth issues.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Lack of depth combined with age. Not a good thing especially late in the season in cold weather. And they will have to play in the cold in the playoffs sometime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

only way balty comes to NE is if they are the 6th seed and win their wildcard mathcup

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]only way balty comes to NE is if they are the 6th seed and win their wildcard mathcup
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Whether Baltimore enters the playoffs as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th seed, as long as they (and NE) win all their games, Balty will come to NE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would love to see baltimore in the playoffs : Whether Baltimore enters the playoffs as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th seed, as long as they (and NE) win all their games, Balty will come to NE.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

don't see it happening, their defense is faltering in the late stages of the game, they were winded against the texans.

NE's first playoff game will be against jax or balt or NYJ, then the champ game either Pitt or KC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Personally, KI do not look forward to playing Baltimore....  We match up much better against, Pittsburgh, Indy, Bolts and Jets

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I cant think of a single team in the AFC we can't score 31 points on, if we don't just come out flat.  So, for me, it's about the defense, and who would be the worst matchup there.  Baltimore does not worry me, due to Flacco mostly.  Pittsburgh either.  Indy?  MAYBE, but that is mostly on the strength of what they did in previous years, certainly not this year.  I don't think the Jags are for real either.  Maybe KC or SD.  Of the bunch, KC to me is the great unknown.  I think much of the reason the Browns beat us is that they knew what we wanted, and could counter it.  KC has our offensive blueprint, our defensive blueprint, a running game, a passing game, decent defense, and the right attitude, I think.  So I'm officially most nervous about Kansas City.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Neither the Steelers nor the Ravens have any decent cornerbacks worth mentioning.  The best would be the Steelers' #1 (Flowers?) and he's nothing to write home about.

= /> If we protect Brady, I think we'd win.

On scheme I'm more worried about Dick LeBeau and the Steelers' defense.  Plus, their LB corps is more complete and Polamalu is healthier and younger than Ed Reed, who apparently is still struggling to find his groove following his hip surgery - he didn't play in the first matchup and he's a major factor when healthy (he has 4 inteceptions even in spite of his "struggles")

On offense, I think the Ravens get much better blocking, but overall I think Pittsburgh is a bigger threat because I think they'll muster up just-enough blocking to get by.  They have better weapons all around starting with their more-poised QB.  Heath Miller is a better TE than Heap while Mike Wallace and Hines Ward are a more dynamic WR combination than Mason-Boldin.

I would also like to see Baltimore, though.  Suggs has been running his mouth and the Patriots need to eradicate the memories of that loss last year.