would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?

I would love to see these two guys back here in the future.i know romeo is available,and possibly charlie after this season.the question is,do,or will the pats bring back coaches once they leave to be head coaches somewhere else?there were also rumors of a fall out with BB,and crennel,or his agent.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=10008

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?

You can add do they want to be coordinators after they've been head coaches. Romeo has health problems and may give up coaching and retire. Weis will have to be fired to leave ND and would probably get offers from other colleges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?:
    [QUOTE] You can add do they want to be coordinators after they've been head coaches. Romeo has health problems and may give up coaching and retire. Weis will have to be fired to leave ND and would probably get offers from other colleges.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

That is the real question. I'm quite sure BB would want either one or both back but there are questions as to what role they would have to come back at. Bill would most likely not throw his present offensive or defensive coordinators under the bus by demoting them so it would get a little sticky. The only thing that might make sense was if Bellichick didn't care for either coordinator and Weiss or Crennel would have to be available at the same time and not have a better offer somewhere else. Those are an awful lot of stars to align and from what I've seen BB has been pretty loyal to his coaching staff. Mangini was a mere Ballboy and Bellichick brought him through the ranks to eventually become the worst head coach in the NFL.Imagine how much he must have been holding us back and Bill still stood by him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Ive been thinking about this issue a lot actually.  I would love for this to happen because I do think Weis will be fired this year and I disagree with evil2009 that he'll get other offers from college - unless it is an unranked small desperate college - which I doubt he would want anyway.

The only way I think it could happen though is if Peese and/or O'Brian end up being fired or hired away by someone else - which I doubt will happen.

Maybe they fit one of them on as a "consultant" a la Dom Capers last year. 

Another thought I've had is how much longer will BB be coaching?  I am hopeful he has a succssion plan from within the group of coaches he has so there is continuity with this system.  Not sure I would want Weis or Romeo as the next HC of the NEP! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?:
    [QUOTE]Ive been thinking about this issue a lot actually.  I would love for this to happen because I do think Weis will be fired this year and I disagree with evil2009 that he'll get other offers from college - unless it is an unranked small desperate college - which I doubt he would want anyway. The only way I think it could happen though is if Peese and/or O'Brian end up being fired or hired away by someone else - which I doubt will happen. Maybe they fit one of them on as a "consultant" a la Dom Capers last year.  Another thought I've had is how much longer will BB be coaching?  I am hopeful he has a succssion plan from within the group of coaches he has so there is continuity with this system.  Not sure I would want Weis or Romeo as the next HC of the NEP! 
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

You can never go home again. The is a reason this is a saying. Things are different now. Will Romeo and Charlie act the same? Will the new players respond the same? nothing is ever how it use to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I cant necessarily disagree with you there Gmbill.  That said, they are both phenomonal coordinators and I think best suited in a coordinator's role.  I think they would improve our coaching staff for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

The last time they were all here was the last time we won a championship.. No hard feelings to the current staff but if we can get those two great minds that had an above average talent level team buy into their system and play on a dynasty level then i'm all for a reunion.

Some people are better served as assistants and role players. Not everyone could be a "star" or a leader.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Yea that would be great. Their play calling and scheming on both sides of the ball was awesome. We would always confuse the crap out of Seytan Manning. Now we got Passive Pees.......he worries me

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/27/bearcats-coach-drops-strong-hint-regarding-weis-fate/

this was our last superbowl win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/27/billick-a-candidate-at-notre-dame/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?

If only bringing either one back would recreate the magic, again, of those 3 SB years.  We have to keep in mind, the personnel today is totally different.  The Pats had that chemistry, a blend of new, old and recycled to win those titles.  Today, lots of new and tried and true, not too much "recycled".  Besides, as nice as it would be to bring them back, the Pats have moved on and BB made his new coaching choices.  To bring them back would be tantamount to BB admitting he didn't pick good replacements.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Who would offer Weis a job after his debauchery at Notre Dame???

I think he might HAVE TO come back to NFL as an offensive coordinator again before looking at another head coaching job, and why not come back here where he's familiar with the system and a lot of the players?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?:
    [QUOTE]Who would offer Weis a job after his debauchery at Notre Dame??? I think he might HAVE TO come back to NFL as an offensive coordinator again before looking at another head coaching job, and why not come back here where he's familiar with the system and a lot of the players?
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Notre "Fames" recruiting problems should not reflect on Weis. It is not as much coaching talent as it is Athletic talent. In college if you cannot get the best prospects to commit to your school then you will probably not have a succesful program. Notre Dame has had "an image problem" for the last decade. Kids just simply don't want to go there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return? : Notre "Fames" recruiting problems should not reflect on Weis. It is not as much coaching talent as it is Athletic talent. In college if you cannot get the best prospects to commit to your school then you will probably not have a succesful program. Notre Dame has had "an image problem" for the last decade. Kids just simply don't want to go there.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

You sir, are out of your mind.  I despise Notre Dame, but you can't tell me that ND does not draw from a better talent pool than BC and BC has had the upper hand a lot lately in the W-L column (but not this year).

Weis would be fortunate to come back as OC while he resuscitates his image.  There is no way he gets a head coaching job anywhere next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]If only bringing either one back would recreate the magic, again, of those 3 SB years.  We have to keep in mind, the personnel today is totally different.  The Pats had that chemistry, a blend of new, old and recycled to win those titles.  Today, lots of new and tried and true, not too much "recycled".  Besides, as nice as it would be to bring them back, the Pats have moved on and BB made his new coaching choices.  To bring them back would be tantamount to BB admitting he didn't pick good replacements.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree with you AGC. The only thing BB would be admitting is he picked the best replacements available but they weren't as good as what he had before in Crennel and Weis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

[QUOTE]In ...Bill would most likely not throw his present offensive or defensive coordinators under the bus by demoting them so it would get a little sticky. The only thing that might make sense was if Bellichick didn't care for either coordinator and Weiss or Crennel would have to be available at the same time and not have a better offer somewhere else. ...
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Nobody in the staff actually owns the title of offensive coordinator.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

In Response to would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return?:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see these two guys back here in the future.i know romeo is available,and possibly charlie after this season.the question is,do,or will the pats bring back coaches once they leave to be head coaches somewhere else?there were also rumors of a fall out with BB,and crennel,or his agent. http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=10008
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

WEIS - ABSOLUTELY NOT - TOO ARROGANT
    CRENNEL _ ABSOLUTELY YES _ THE DEFENSE HAS NEVER BEEN AS GOOD SINCE HE LEFT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return? : I would have to disagree with you AGC. The only thing BB would be admitting is he picked the best replacements available but they weren't as good as what he had before in Crennel and Weis.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

I can see that...   slim pickings it is!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would the pats bring back weis,or crennel if they are available?would they want to return? : You sir, are out of your mind.  I despise Notre Dame, but you can't tell me that ND does not draw from a better talent pool than BC and BC has had the upper hand a lot lately in the W-L column (but not this year). Weis would be fortunate to come back as OC while he resuscitates his image.  There is no way he gets a head coaching job anywhere next year.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Dude if you don't think it's slightly more difficult to find a player who can actually make grades, play football at a high level and want to move all the way out to Indiana to play foozball for touchdownjesus... than you sir are crazy.

Charlie will still get many college and pro offers to coordinate, hopefully for us he misses the cozy little job he had here or the seafood at least.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/27/billick-a-candidate-at-notre-dame/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

From all the rumors I hear Weis is gone at ND. They told him not to stay out on the west coast to recruit after the Stanford game because they want to talk about his future at ND. I'd love to see him and technically we don't have an O.C.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd love to see him and technically we don't have an O.C.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

I say to Krafty and Bdouble, let's make it happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

You know Brady would love to have him back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

Since we are just engaging in idle speculation, how about this? BB will retire in the next couple of years, especially if he wins another SB that gives him more career rings, he will do a Bill Parcells and becomes GM of the Pats, and he brings in Urban Meyer, his good firiend to become HC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Since we are just engaging in idle speculation, how about this? BB will retire in the next couple of years, especially if he wins another SB that gives him more career rings, he will do a Bill Parcells and becomes GM of the Pats, and he brings in Urban Meyer, his good firiend to become HC.
    Posted by bostonreadercomments[/QUOTE]

I think if Urban Meyer wanted to come into the NFL, doing so with a talented Patriots roster and Belichick as GM would be the way to do it.

BUT I tend to be in the camp of people who think Belichick will coach for as long as Brady is QB.

As for Weis, I think it's highly unlikely that he'd be retained after the loss to Stanford.  I just don't see how any recruit could take him seriously.  I also don't see how or where he could possibly get another head coaching job elsewhere.

All things made equal, I think he'd come back to the Pats as an offensive coordinator over any other team (although I think if Holmgren were the GM/overlord, Weis might not be a bad offensive coach to implement a west coast offense).