Would we draft Tebow? Makes sense.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Would we draft Tebow? Makes sense.....

In Response to Re: Would we draft Tebow? Makes sense.....:
    IF New England uses one of their monumentally critical 2nd Round Selections neccessary in rebuilding the future youth core of this team with far more needed positions, ON A Quarterback- I'll cry blood red tears of disbelief...  And IF New England uses one of these direly important 2nd Round Selections on a cr#ppy side-arm throwing option QB with simply awful accuracy and a painfully slow release with itchy-running feet, In Florida's Tim Tebow just because He's a "LEADER"- I'll p#ke blood-red vomit out of my eyeballs, then eat it with toenail clippings as I curse God's name in he!!fire for not divinely possessing Bill Belichick's body and voice to intervene so BB didn't waste such a high draft pick on Tebow...  I'll continue doing this until I pass-out from blood loss or until NE selects whom I personally deem a decent worthwhile draft pick with their next in line selection...whatever comes first. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Right up until just this moment in time, I was against the Pats even considering drafting Tim Tebow -- but the prospect of Laz eating toenail clippings with his vomit is just too enticing to pass up.

I am now a Tim Tebow guy.

Tebow is awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Vick is twice the QB Tebow is, and Vick blows.

Just say "NO" to Tebow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Please let's not waste a draft pick on this kid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

NO TO TEBOW!
    He can't throw, he obviously isn't intelligent enough (22 on wonderlic), and he is too small to play QB in the NFL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not as anti Tebow as the previous posters however its a moot point because he won't be available when the Patriots pick in the 4th round. Jacksonville will try their best too acquire a second round draft choice so they can draft him and in all honesty they need him to come in and sell tickets! So in closing I don't care who is carrying the clipboard next season so if he's available and the coach sees his future at whatever position then so be it. I don't make the decisions on who the Patriots draft or sign as FA's. Also for all the Talent evaluators on this thread,most everyone at the Florida workout was impressed with the changes made in 5 weeks time! Just think what he can learn from a fulltime QB coach over a 2 year stretch of time... I'd spend a 2nd rounder on him...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Idiot. That wasn't a quote, and that was referencing a special type of offense that could revolutionize offenses in the NFL. Tebow is too SLOW to be that type of player. Maybe Michael Vick could've been the player that Belichick and all these O coordinators are talking about in your article, but Tebow isn't that guy. If it doesn't work with a guy with 4.4 speed, how is it going to work with Tebow with 4.8 speed? 

Seanblaze, are you a cast member on tool academy? I bet you are. Douch*e. 

In Response to Re: Would we draft Tebow? Makes sense..... : Here you go Kockdog... I hadn't asked him about Tebow. But he mentioned Tebow just the same. Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey , who has been a head coach in both the NFL ( Dallas Cowboys ) and college (Georgia Tech), did the same thing. And so did Patriots head coach Bill Belichick , who introduced Tebow into our interview by saying, "Tebow, obviously, is a special one.'' Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/tim_layden/01/13/tebow/#ixzz0iMHp3GAy Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    Posted by seanblaze

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Right up until just this moment in time, I was against the Pats even considering drafting Tim Tebow -- but the prospect of Laz eating toenail clippings with his vomit is just too enticing to pass up.
    I am now a Tim Tebow guy.
    Tebow is awesome
    ."

Not just ANY vomit Mike...but, Blood-vomit from my eyeballs.  I'd send you a video, but the local television news should have it covered with the degree of devastation I'll leave in my wake...waco, jonestown, mogadishu, prague 1937, gaza strip, kosovo, los angeles during rush hour.....nothing, Local craft fairs compared to the pain and suffering I'll unleash- IF not in the real world, then at LEAST in cyberspace, but not here on this board since I like my somewhat good standing, but definately somewhere else in artificial computer land...maybe not on a well-known chat messageboard, like Yahoo or even Discovery, ya know something I may have a need for someday- But DEFINATELY somewhere else like maybe a Child's messageboard for kids from Hungary with learning disabilities...something closer to that probably; And IF not there, then I'll DEFINATELY type my regular messages here, but with far, far harder strokes on my keyboard, and I'll probably say something bad about Tebow in a low angry murmur to myself... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Idiot. That wasn't a quote, and that was referencing a special type of offense that could revolutionize offenses in the NFL. Tebow is too SLOW to be that type of player. Maybe Michael Vick could've been the player that Belichick and all these O coordinators are talking about in your article, but Tebow isn't that guy. If it doesn't work with a guy with 4.4 speed, how is it going to work with Tebow with 4.8 speed?  Seanblaze, are you a cast member on tool academy? I bet you are. Douch*e.  In Response to Re: Would we draft Tebow? Makes sense..... :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

You Pats elitist dorks make me laugh. You think 40 time is everything? How fast you Run in a straight line makes an O-coordinator decide if you are a good canidate for a specific offense. Kockdog you don't know jack! Belichick was refering to Tebow's will & leadership. Todd McShay this morning just stated that "New England & Indy wud be ideal locations for Tebow to land & work on his craft with no pressure. He is 2-3 years away". Jon Gruden, known QB guru, "Tebow will find a way to master your playbook. He will find a way to win games. He is relentless. He will find a way to start in this league". You know more than these guys kockdog? Yeah i figured you did....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

NO
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

NO TO TEBOW! He can't throw, he obviously isn't intelligent enough (22 on wonderlic), and he is too small to play QB in the NFL
    Posted by natesubs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

this is destined, Tebow to the Pats is written in stone, just accept it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

A bigger, faster Eric Crouch..9 years later....HELLS NO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

You Tebow haters need to get some facts...check this out. I say go for it if he's there after our first two rounds. We've got time to groom him for the things he needs to improve.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/107746-stats-dont-lie-tim-tebow-is-a-better-downfield-passer-than-sam-bradford

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

It's great to be a leader, but if you can't play NFL caliber football, what good is it.  Tim Tebow cannot play NFL caliber football and to suggest that the PATs or anyone else would invest anything more than a 7th round draft choice in him, if at all, is NUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im sorry , I hate saying and when others start the " you dont know jack about football " , but you Tebow defenders really dont know $h it about this game. Your reasoning is 100% pure garbage , LOL , Todd Mcsahy , his leadership and will , and 3RINGS that last article is worthless. Seriously what was the point of that , you really think Tebow is anywhere near Bradford or Clausen for that matter. Im not big on either , but both are miles ahead of Moses. First of all he isnt accurate , thats not up for debate. Second his 40 time doesnt matter , his game speed isnt good enough to be a running QB in the nfl. Not even close , he couldnt out run Peppers , Ware etc , so theres no way hes getting away from guys like Willis , Ryans and Rudd. He'll be 3 yards and a cloud of dust in the nfl. Enough with stats and articles , how about the only thing that really matters, the eye test. Plain and simple , can the kid play , no he cant. It looks like Byron Leftwhich showed him how to throw , I know he 's religious , but is it against his religion to throw it more than 11 yards down field? That leadership BS is so overrated its not funny , nobody is going to listen to someone holding a clip board for 3 years. Seriously have you ever heard of the 3rd string QB being a leader? And yes , you can teach someone and show someone how to be a leader. Talent is a different story , sure you can get better by working hard , training and perfecting your craft , but your born w/ real talent. Manning was born , not made , it only took 12 a year to really grasp the position. Tebow is out of college and just learning how to throw like an actual QB. Lets not forget that hes always been some of the most talented of teams with special guys around him. He needs to be on a great team to have any effect at all and that wont even happen for years. One more thing , I have much respect for Jon Gruden , IMHO hes still one of the top 5 coaches in todays game. But what he says about Tebow means nothing to me , Tebow HIRED him , hes PAYING him and not in gum either. Why cant we just look at the tape and make a decison NOW , not if hes in the right system and if the temp. is right etc , enough w/ that BS. Right now he sux , this is the weakest QB class I can remember and hes not sniffing the top 3. I might consider taking him after the 4th , but no way before the 5th. First and second rounders are suppose to be starters , 1st step right in and start from jump , 2nd mid-late that year , 3rd make some impact during the year and show real promise for the next. After the 3rd your talking about guys who were hurt , suspended etc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Exactly , Seau had little affect last year because it gets old fast when your on the bench and not out there w/ the guys putting in work. To an extent its even foolish , I like the idea during camp etc. like what Pattern is here for. Become a coach if you cant play and want to have an impact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Could happen, but remember, we drafted Asante Samuel in round 4. Draft picks are valuable, and anyway, we will be drafting a QB the next two years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"You Tebow haters need to get some facts...check this out. I say go for it if he's there after our first two rounds. We've got time to groom him for the things he needs to improve."

Like playing the quarterback position?  I mean, What- Does Tebow have MORE things he needs to improve on other than accuracy, arm strength, deep-throws, pocket-prescence, and working out of a standard shotgun formation?  What does he stutter, have a hobbled leg and a scabes problem too?  You better tell us what other Tim Tebow shortcomings you know about there, pal...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I have never seen more negativity about a player in these pages than against Tebow. Maybe, this guy does have something to offer.... but not in the first round....and maybe as a tight end? Anyway, this is all speculation, all the analysts have this guy not making it out of the second round and it is doubtful the Pats will take a project in the first/second rounds.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Would we draft Tebow? Makes sense..... : If you dudes were up on your BB banter you would know he is close with this kid & if he drops past the 2nd round there's a good chance hell be backing up Brady or on our practice squad as a project...BB was the one who told the kid to stay @ florida 1 more year... "I talked to Bill Belichick. He said whatever is the best decision for you," Tebow told The New York Times. "It’s not like its going to hurt you to go back. The same teams that want you now are going to want you later." http://www.nesn.com/2009/08/belichick-advised-tebow-to-stay-at-florida.html
    Posted by seanblaze

YOU WANT US TO USE A 2ND ROUND PICK ON A GUY WHO WILL PLAY ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD?!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I am ok with the Pats using any third round draft pick that they currently posess on Tim Tebow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

I am ok with the Pats using any third round draft pick that they currently posess on Tim Tebow.
    Posted by Cyberknot

Agreed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Absolutely not.  Why in the world should we waste a relatively high draft pick on a guy that can't play?  Improve the defense! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This says it all after Tebow's pro day...

"The fundamental problems are still there. He still struggles with accuracy, even without defenders to cover his receivers. The long windup has been replaced with a pause that similarly telegraphs his throws. He looked very mechanical when forced to boot out and simulate play-action. And once he was forced to move off his spot, or roll out, and things broke down, the ball dropped back down to his hips, his worked-over mechanics slacked and his accuracy worsened."

Yeah that is what I want to use one of my early draft picks on.  NOT!

I come back to my orrigional thought on him, if he is available after the 5th round I would consider him but not before... you draft a guy with a pick before the 6th round that is incapable of being ready to contribute to the team with in the next 2 or more seasons and you need to be F-I-R-E-D!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I have never seen more negativity about a player in these pages than against Tebow. Maybe, this guy does have something to offer.... but not in the first round....and maybe as a tight end? Anyway, this is all speculation, all the analysts have this guy not making it out of the second round and it is doubtful the Pats will take a project in the first/second rounds.  
    Posted by NYC

Here's the brilliant reply for Tebow fans that admit he'll blow as a QB. Let's switch him to TE or HB. Brilliant. The guy has trouble taking snaps at the Senior bowl, but apparently he's capable of being a Dallas Clark type TE. Absolutely mental thinking! Not because switches can't be done, but because Tebow is NOT fast enough to be a top quality TE or HB. Guys like Julian Edelman work because they have the necessary speed and quickness. Compare his speed with the top TE's in this draft. Is he also going to learn how to run fast, in addition to how to throw a football? 

I just don't think he's a good investment.