Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB

We can be sure that the PATS will be working on Ridley's ball handling all week.  Ridley is part of the offense and I suspect he will play.  Everybody plays if they're healthy and not scratched.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Maybe. But, I don't think the Ravens game is the time to rely heavily on Ridley. I think Woody is actually a better matchup against the Ravens defense. He has Ray Rice qualities, tough to locate because of size, and shifty. A kid like Ridley who has some moves, but relies on his power, probably ain't going to get it done against the Ravens defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Where's Shane Vereen who showed the same level of burst and big play ability? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB:
    [QUOTE]Where's Shane Vereen who showed the same level of burst and big play ability? 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs to be available as a dominos partner for Guyton.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Faulk had fumbling issues earlier in his career. A fumble just before halftime iat Denver, January 2006 turned out to be at least a 10 point, and probably a 14 point swing.  I'm sure BB does not want to relive that scene.

Woodhead has much of Ridley's ability to cut and make people miss.  But through much of the season Woodhead averaged 5 yards a carry because as soon as he gets across the line of scrimmage he burries the ball in his gut and holds it with both arms through the tackle. 

In short, Woodhead carries the ball as if his next fumble will be his last. 

And he's right. With this offense the running game's goals (except for Hernandez) are pretty narrow.  Keep the defense honest, get 4-5 yards on 2nd and 10, and run out the clock late in the game. 

Ridley, keep your head up.  You'll get another chance. But maybe not till next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Still the "Hoodie" would bench his mom if she fumbled...

And if you don't think that Raven defense is going to be going for the ball
    at every  single opportunity then you haven't been watching much for the 
    last however many years.....

Guessing it's gotta be Law Firm in the early going to see how things set-up....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Benny made a bunch of nice runs out of nothing in the first half of last week's game.  It wasn't until the running was obvious that his average dropped, the way I recall, after twice watching the game.

I looked at his stats, thought back to the plays, and two things struck me:

1) He would have easily made 1000- yards if he had played in all games and without turf toe.

2) A lot of his carries were third or fourth and short, which tend to yield short yards, as well as a lot of goal line TDs that can't yield more than a yard or two, no matter how well he runs them.

Lest we forgot, he has never fumbled in any game ever, Pop Warner to NFL.  That is mind boggling.  Look at home many of these post-season games turned on fumbles by premiere backs.  His supreme value as a ball protector cannot be easily quantified on a stat sheet.

Woody gets great yards, but he has had some fumbles in his career and he is prone to get shaken up by a hard hit.  The Ravens are arguably the hardest hitters.