Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012?

In Response to Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012?:
    [QUOTE]Jesus H. Christ.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

We might still see this threads even if Moss died tomorrow.  I hear his skeleton can still run a 4.3 and the safeties would play off him because nobody wants to touch a dead guy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

coolade - OB is a racist? Really? I mean seriously? Last time I checked Hern is hispanic and Branch is black.

BTW Moss was most productive with the Pats in 2010 then the other 2 teams he was on that year. So how can you blame it on OB for Moss clearly lossing steps and becomeing a 1 trick pony who couldn't get seperation after the first series?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to "Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012?": [QUOTE]I've never seen a guy that has done absolutely nothing the past two seasons gather so much press. This guy lost a step 4 years ago and at the age of what? 36, he's going to come in and help us? Listen, he very well may be able to run a 4.3 for some team next month, the problem is old legs can't sustain that kind of quickness over the long haul...never mind his attitude and the fact that guys that are 36 who haven't played professional football in two years have a tendency to get injured. I like the guy and hope he goes somewhere and catches 36 balls with a few touchdowns - maybe gets a little bit of spring back in his legs for the playoffs (after he sits out 6 games with a injury), but I don't want him here. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] How do you lose a step and then run a 4.3? That's a contradiction. Moss is a young 35. He learned long ago how to avoid hits. Plus he took a year and a half off. He's healthy. He's motivated. He wants to play in NE. IT'S A NO-BRAINER. Give him a tryout, and then based on that give him an incentive laden 2-year contract. Adding his talent to gronk,Welker and Hernandez will make any teams DC's head spin.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

If I see one more topic posted about Randy Moss coming back to the Patriots...

I hate to sound like a jerk but only an educated football fan would not want a 35 year old Randy Moss who missed a season to come back to the Patriots.  This is not 2007.  This is 2012.  There are way better FA options for wide receiver than this guy.  Please people.  Stop posting Randy Moss threads.  He is not coming back and why the heck would you want him back?  Seriously.  Why?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The media said that Moss was in great shape two years ago, that he looked as fast as ever... We saw how fast he was, either he couldn't get any separation or he just didn't try, maybe both.. He was done three years ago, i doubt that anyone is going to sign him. Go and get a younger guy who runs fast and really wants to play..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012?:
    [QUOTE]If I see one more topic posted about Randy Moss coming back to the Patriots... I hate to sound like a jerk but only an educated football fan would not want a 35 year old Randy Moss who missed a season to come back to the Patriots.  This is not 2007.  This is 2012.  There are way better FA options for wide receiver than this guy.  Please people.  Stop posting Randy Moss threads.  He is not coming back and why the heck would you want him back?  Seriously.  Why?
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

He won the SB for us.  Don't you remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGj5qQFnnc

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Ahh that's painful.  Randy could've had it.  What a shame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Remember Mike Wallace is too pricey compare to Randy.  While we can get Moss on the board, than BB can get some potential receiver in the draft to develop in the future for replacement.  Moss is willing to take a minimum vet salary and play with Tom Brady.  Asked Tom Brady if he likes to see Moss back?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012? : Because the world is filled with generally dumb people and this board is a reflection of that reality.  Being in the minority here, means you are intelligent.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]Crusty you go girlfriend!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

NO!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012?": How do you lose a step and then run a 4.3? That's a contradiction. Moss is a young 35. He learned long ago how to avoid hits. Plus he took a year and a half off. He's healthy. He's motivated. He wants to play in NE. IT'S A NO-BRAINER. Give him a tryout, and then based on that give him an incentive laden 2-year contract. Adding his talent to gronk,Welker and Hernandez will make any teams DC's head spin.
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

Well when you're built for speed I'm assuming that if you train specifically for the forty, run on a fast track - in perfect conditions, if you're Randy you might be able to get a 4.3-4.4 out of your legs. The question is can you sustain that over an NFL season? I don't think he could. I think there is a small chance a guy like him may be able to run a very good 40, but I think it would be a mirage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

A lot of you people criticizing moss, saying he quit etc. are ignoring the fact that he was in a contract year jockeying with a pigheaded OC for balls to show he could still play... as in the one handed catch against revis. That was essentially the last play of his patriot career. He had a few TDs with favre in MN. But the point is his issues at the end were emotional not physical. News flash... 35 Isn't OLD. Think : Jerry rice. Most of you naysayers were around in 2006 when I posted the reasons to bring in moss and you cried about it then too. I wish I could say that I will be right again but only belichick can call that one. Makes me wonder though... If one of the greatest coaches in the league would rather have an Underwood over a moss (at a discount price) ... Not seeing the rationale there .

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012? : Yes!! Absolutely!  Can you imagine Moss demanding accurate balls from Sanchez?  You re way off on this topic. Randy Moss will not make it back in the NFL. 

lmao. Well done Russ!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The media said that Moss was in great shape two years ago, that he looked as fast as ever... We saw how fast he was, either he couldn't get any separation or he just didn't try, maybe both.. He was done three years ago, i doubt that anyone is going to sign him. Go and get a younger guy who runs fast and really wants to play..
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Right, and in either case why would we want a guy who we all know caused a locker room disturbance and was shipped out of town the nest day?

Especially if it was not due to lack of talent but lack of character?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Understand your points but a lot of it is conjecture until you line him up and work him over. The main reason he didn't catch on last year was his asking price was out of whack. One year later with a real off-season ... Attitude adjustment possibly? Talent plus motivation. It's not that much of a stretch to me. The patriots could be the winners here... If moss shows his considerable upside and performs well while they hit big on their 3rd round pick from Minnesota ...hmmm... Coach of the year maybe...? You don't think belichick thinks about such things?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No I don't think BB ever thinks about coach of the year. I think he thinks about SB Championships, of which Moss has never helped us win.

In 2009 Moss was not interested in competing after WW went down. It is my opinion but one I think most would agree on.

In 2010 Moss was not interested in being a decoy for a team that went 14-2 without him.

He bothered Brady with his incessant demands for the ball, and fought with coaches.

He then went on to ignore BB as he tried to speak with him on the plane ride home.

That means you are a cancer in the locker room. Planes are not big enough, nor are locker rooms for teammates to ignore that type of behavior. Ignore BB when he speaks to you? Your out buddy!

And so he was. Shipped out the next day for a 3rd round raping of Brad Childress, who once spurned BB by refusing to not claim our H-back off waivers. Garret Mills anybody?

BB strikes again. Duped Childress into giving up a 3rd round pick for a malcontent that we traded a 4rth round pick for 4 years earlier. priceless.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you like to see Randy Moss be in Patriots uniform in 2012? : I heard BB isn't a good GM and doesn't fleece other teams. People like Babe, Prolate and Mt. Hurl told me this information. lmao

I think that the 2010 draft and how he has rebuilt this team speaks for itself. They are just a couple of pieces away from being dominating and are sitting here with cap space, 2 firsts, and 2 seconds. He set that up brilliantly!