Would you move up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Would you move up?

Listen useally asa rule I dont like moving up in round 1 for pretty much anyone. But I really like Tyson Jackson from LSU and think he could be a top flight pass rusher in our system. If he falls past 11 or 12 in round 1 would you trade one or two of our picks to try and move up? Maybe we package our first 2nd round pick #34 that we got from teh Cassel trade with a 3rd round pick and try and grab him???? Or we trade our #23 1st round pick and a 4th rounder to move up and grab him? would you guys want to make that deal or no?

I think the best plan would be to try and keep #23 so we could have two 1st round picks to make up for losing one last year for the BS spygate punishment. I am not saying lets move up and grab anyone who falls but Tyson Jackson is a very good prospect and i would want to get him if we could. The only other spot i think would be worth trading up for would be if a top OT falls close to us in the draft. I am gong to attatch a vote to this thread please vote but also let me know what you think about this kid in general.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Would you move up?

Good topic.

Not to 11 or 12. The key is waiting until he is in a spot where it makes sense to foreit a pick.

A short jump that sacrifices #23 and #58 or #89 makes sense. But going to 11 (which is presumably what it would take to be sure) is tough. First it takes willingness of the Bills to trade out, and to a divisional rival at that. Then, the rest of the conversation starts with #23 and #34 and maybe more -- picks 9-14 are really prime value selections, even on a down year (like this) as far as blue chips go.

So it is harder to answer.

If however, he gets so close as 18-20 I would. That said, this whole prospect was vastly complicated when Denver and Chicago made their trade, because I can't see how Denver passes on T.J. at 18 if he slips that far, unless they picked up Raji at #12, if he slips that far.

It really is a huge constellation of "ifs" that make me doubt it.

And given what NE would need to sacrificeto get at Jackson for sure, I would say no. #23 and #34 could be two stars to T.J.'s one. Even if they play different positions.

But make no mistake, I would love to have Tyson Jackson on board. I feel he is a better prospect at 3-4 end than his battery mate Dorsey was at 3-tech last season -- despite the hype surrounding Dorsey. 

I just think that a group of guys like Eben Britton or Darius Butler and English or Barwin or Ziggy Hood, or name the good prospect you like in both spots would be worth more in the long run than one Tyson Jackson. Especially when it only costs money to resign the prime aged players you still have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

I would trade up but not to 11-12.  Maybe 15-19 range. Unfortunately Tyson Jackson would probably be gone by then.  But I would love to grab a guy like Robert Ayers(Mayo Tennesse teammate whom the Pats have worked out), Oher(if he's there but could be gone), Knowshon Moreno or Malcolm Jenkins. (or even Heyward Bey) But it all depends on how much we need to give up.  If it's only the first round and a late second round or a third, then I say it's worth it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Yea I'd trade up. You know we're going to trade some picks anyway, so why not to move up. Say around the 10 to 15 spot. How many picks will make this team anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Granted he's a beast but I think we'd just have to give up too much to get him. Even if he were to fall to #15 (highly unlikely, I've seen him in mocks as high as #3 and not lower than #12). According to the draft value chart,  we'd have to give up our last pick in the second round for equal value of a move up from #23 to #15 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php).

DE should not be the priority this year.  OLB, safety, corner, OL is what we need in this draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

They have to either trade up or trade down for more picks next year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The only one that interests me is Pettigrew, othwise I wouldn't.   The only thing I know for certain is that there should be some real action come draft day, I do see the Pats trading a 2nd round pick, for what I don't know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

If Tyson  Jackson or even Malcolm Jenkins is there at 14 we could trade with New Orleans.  We made a deal with them last year and our 23 and 58 would put us right there.  if not I would rather keep the 23rd pick and take Butler or English

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Since there is no "dire" need, I can't see them trading up. I do expect them to move some picks, though. But I think it will be to trade into 2010 instead of aquiring more 09 picks or to get a higher one. They are positioned pretty well, plus there is no real "star" in this draft. Not knocking Jackson, but being a DE he would be a project for a 3-4 OLB. The guys they have chosen with top 15 picks have usually been contributors as a rookie (i.e Seymour, Mayo, etc.). I just think they have great value picks, and will stay put. But BB always does what we least expect, so anything can happen Saturday!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

they wont trade up.for money,and cap is the issue.the pats team is set to compete now.so there is no glareing need.there is just enough talent at 23,and into the 2nd rd as there is in the top of the draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

I don't see Denver or the Bills eager to make a trade with the Pats at the #11/#12 spots.  But if one of the following players was available at #13/#14, I could see BB moving up: Aaron Maybin, Tyson Jackson or Brian Orakpo.  All of them can rush the passer and probably play on 3rd downs from the start.  All would represent good value at the #13.  

While Denver and Buffalo would probably want to stay, Washington doesn't have a 2nd or a 4th round pick and NO lacks both a 2nd and a 3rd this year.  They should want to trade down and pick up extra slots.

Moving up from the #23 would cost either the #47 or #58 (maybe the #58 + a 4th round pick).  Costly, but if the Pats have these players in their board's TOP 10, then a low 1st and a 2nd is clearly worth it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There are 2 players worth moving up for both are not reachable one being Aaron Curry the other would be RAJI in neither case do I see the Patriots making those moves.Too much for to little!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Washington is a decent option. However, I am not sure they are really interested in more picks. They generally bolster via FA and it's no secret that Snyder doesn't mind missing the crap-shoot that is the first round.

That said, it could be enticing for them, as I don't think they would gain too much payroll by doing a straight #58 and #23 and maybe a future pick. Even though NE has a ton of picks, I would be a little suprised to see them forfeit an entire round, especially since the fourth has some good value.

But yes, washinton would be a scenario where it makes sense to go after Jackson, but first he has to be there, and second Washington has to agree.

As far as the players go? I doubt that Rak Daddy is there, but he is certainly worth moving up for, as he represents the exact type of guy who would fit snugly in this defense. Maybin may or may not be there, but I doubt if NE would want to move up. Tyson Jackson is the man of the hour, as he presents NE a great way to shore up a spot for the future that is very, very hard to fill. He reminds me of Warren in a lot of ways, and while Warren isn't quite as dominant as Seymour, two Warrens around a Wilfork is still the best 3-4 front in football. :-)

That would (big hopefully) clear NE from another $10 million in payroll down the road that they could use to grab a free agent at a spot they need.

The Saints won't trade out. They will select Malcom Jenkins or failing that Chris  Wells, as both players fill a huge need for them. I am hoping they take Wells just so he is off the board when some rivals select.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

Jenkins or Jackson are the only 2 players that I want to move up for and with that being said I would only like it to be for moving up to 7-10 spots so we still have other bullets to fire later if we so desire..

With that being said I would rather trade back 5-7 picks or even out of the 1st round entirely and use pick #34 as the spot to begin addressing our team needs since it seems that a few of the picks at #23 would also be available at #34..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats not a bad theory, trade out of round 1 all together and get more 2nd round picks and then just start from round 2, you are right most of the guys at 23 will be there in round two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Turn all those picks (through bi-directional trades) into 4 or 5 good picks this year and a few extras for next year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

IF and only if Curry or Orakpo fall to 12 or 13 I would say trade up and pick up one of those guys.  Chances of either of those two falling is .00001%.

This is my problem with moving up, I've been doing my homework on all these guys Ayers, Jackson, Brown, English and on and there are plenty of questions on each whether they can drop into coverage.  So with that question on all of them we can look at their strenths pass russ.

Now this the question I'm asking myself when it comes to trading up, is the talent for OLB that much more better pick 10 through 22?  My answer is no, I think there are mocks that have all those players beend picked somewhere between 11 and 32 so I think we can stay at 23 and let one of them come to us.  Specially when we don't have a specific need, a wish list yet but if we didn't draft anyone at all would the Pats still be considered a SB favorite?  Offcourse the answer is yes so why move up?  What one of the top 10 ranked fall?  This draft is going to be a surprise pick by pick because there are no clear distintion of the talent a lot of these guys are almost the same so with all that been said who the heck knows what BB will do.  That's why I'm watching from 4 p.m. on because he could jump in at anytime.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Oh on Malcon Jenkins, great talent not worth moving up either.  I like Sean Smith at that CB/S type guy in the second.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

very good point Pats, i mean I know we will get someone great at #23 but i was just saying Tyson Jackson could be a special player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

ZB,

I know we agree to not agree on #93, but would you trade Seymore to the Skins for the #13 pick?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]ZB, I know we agree to not agree on #93, but would you trade Seymore to the Skins for the #13 pick?
    Posted by No1BadGuy[/QUOTE]

Never.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

KC2,

You wouldn't trade Seymore for #13 / Jackson knowing this is Seymore's last year because there is no way the team is going to pay him the type of money he will be looking for after that Haynesworth deal?

If that is the case get ready for one last season from #93 and a 3rd round comp pick in the 2011 draft..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

NO,
    I agree with Pats7393...we sit and wait and pick whichever guy falls that shouldn't have...similar to how we got Wilfork.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Anything can happen I also tend to think if BB has Orakpo or Curry rank high and the fall to 10 to 15 he might send some picks and try to pick them up.  I think that's the only way the Pats move up.