Would you rather...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Would you rather...

Sign Wes Welker to a mega deal that he wants or lock up Edelman, Chung, Vollmer, Talib and maybe even Spikes to what might be the same amount?

My point is, is Welker more valuable to the team than those 5 players? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Would you rather...

I'd like to sign all but Chung to reasonable money.  Wes is going to get paid by someone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Edelman has shown a lot, but he has one BIG downside.  The guy can't stay healthy.  He gets injured easily.  Can't ignore that.  We'll never be able to count on him playing a whole season, or even most of the season.  Anytime you increase his playing time he gets injured.

I hope Wes returns, but if he is looking for a long-term deal at his age there will be a problem.  Supposedly that was one of the hangups in getting a deal done.  It's hard to tell when age will catch up to an NFL player, but when it does it usually happens rather suddenly.  As tcal said, he'll get paid somewhere.  He deserves it.  I hope he gets paid here under a deal that works for both sides.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I hope Wes returns...but I think all the parts but Brady may be interchangeable. We'll get a bigger picture again HOU and SF, but so far. Wes is more of a luxury than a necessity

No Hernandez-No Problem

No Edelman-No Problem

No Gronk-No Problem

No- Mankins-No Problem

No Vollmner-No Problem

Also look at what Amendola is doing. Draft a short white WR from Texas Tech and you have a pro bowl caliber slot WR!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

That's a tough one because I'd hate to see Welker go. If it came down to it though I'd sign the other players except for Chung.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'd rather hug NEGAME2