Would you resign Vrabel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Would you resign Vrabel?

My answer is yes I would. We needed him last year, people can no longer say we need to get young cause we got young and then we had no veterans around to keep the team on track. Maybe he cant get after the passer anymore but he can set the edge and he can play inside next to Mayo and he would be a good fit there. I dont think he would ask for to much after his last two seasons so why not, if anything it would be a big laugh that he left for a year and came back. So would you guys resign him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

Re: Would you resign Vrabel?

Yes, I would.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

As a coach yes, as a player I don't know Killa his best years are behind him and the Pats need young monsters at that position. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaPat1. Show AlpharettaPat1's posts

No way great player but his time has past. We need to continue getting younger and moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

AlpharettaPat1....welcome to the forum and I'm guessing you're from Georgia?
    I'm headed there next month to St Marys, it better be warmer there than here (Northern VT) I gotta trailer the bike cause there still will be snow here. Again welcome..HRK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

It he's not eligible for Social security, I say re-sign Seau!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Not only no...but HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!.I suppose we should waste another roster spot and bring back Seau as well..............let go of the past or the present will pass u by!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Vrabel and Seau could help check the facts and stats....

Employing Seniors

Employers are now starting to figure out what seniors have known all along - Seniors make great employees!  

Companies such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and McDonalds have certainly lead the way, but now other employers are also starting to figure it out as well, and new avenues for seniors to find willing employers are starting to hit the surface.  

Senior Job Search is just such a site, only offering to allow people over age 50 and the employers who seek them to connect at no charge.  Seeing a free job site is a rarity these days, and the folks at Senior Job Search have decided to make their success by offering the service, supported by display advertising.  You simply have to register and then employers can post up to 10 employer ads at no cost.

Why hire seniors? 

Seniors have had to learn to adjust to life's circumstances.  In most cases, they have learned adaptation techniques that their younger counterparts will not develop for years to come.  Here are just a few of the things you will discover about hiring seniors:

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />

Seniors are a very loyal market that comprises 25% of the population, is growing, and controls 77% of the financial resources in the United States? Many of your customers are over age 50.  Hiring seniors also shows that you are interested in serving this market.

For the most part, your clients are far more comfortable with people that are their own age.  Since many businesses don't put seniors out in front where they are visible, doing so will make your business stand out.  Hire senior employees to attract senior customers away from the competition.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors are generally more reliable.  They've done their job-hopping and they don't have sick kids at home or have to make an emergency rush to the school to pick up Junior who has a fever.  

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors take their jobs more seriously.  They understand that jobs for seniors are a bit harder to get, and therefore, their jobs are worth more to them.  How much does it cost you to hire and train an employee and how much does it cost you if you have to fire someone?  Your turnover rate is lower with seniors and so therefore, your employee acquisition and training costs are cheaper.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors know that every job isn't perfect and have had the experience of working with and for people that aren't perfect.  They also know that your customers are not perfect, and have had to learn to deal with it all.  Seniors rarely leave jobs because things are not perfect.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors are generally cheaper to hire, even if you pay them a higher wage.  For all the reasons mentioned here, seniors stay at one job far longer than do their younger counterparts, they have more experience to draw from, and are therefore, easier to train.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />While seniors are no strangers to romance, they aren't pining away over and flirting over at the water cooler or in the hallway with the latest hire.  Emotionally stable employees work better and are more reliable.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors haven't gotten so many years behind them without learning some very valuable lessons.  These are lessons that some new kid with the lip ring won't even know about for another 20 years.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors who are on Medicare are cheaper to hire.  Even if you provide them with a Medicare supplement policy, it is far cheaper than a full insurance HMO or PPO.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors may not be as strong or as fast as some of their younger counterparts.  However, if you provide them with the proper tools and a bit of assistance for those rare heavy tasks, they will probably get the job done faster, better, and without the supervision that would otherwise be necessary.

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Seniors still remember and understand the effect of common courtesy and customer service.  They understand that customers are not a nuisance, but the reason that they have a job in the first place.  

www.seniormag.com/headlines/bullet.gif" border="0" alt="" width="15" height="15" />Their work ethic is more evolved.  Most know the value of a smile and a handshake in making and retaining customers.  They have learned that their job is not guaranteed, and that taking care of a customer is far easier than finding a new job. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Vrabel got F**ked.  He would never come back and that's a good thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Would you resign Vrabel?:
    My answer is yes I would. We needed him last year, people can no longer say we need to get young cause we got young and then we had no veterans around to keep the team on track. Maybe he cant get after the passer anymore but he can set the edge and he can play inside next to Mayo and he would be a good fit there. I dont think he would ask for to much after his last two seasons so why not, if anything it would be a big laugh that he left for a year and came back. So would you guys resign him?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

They should have never let him go in the first place. Yeah, lets try and make amends for all the mistakes they've made with player decisions the past couple of years. Let's resign Vrable and bring back Deion Branch..we can get them cheap now right? While we're at it lets give Ty Law a call. "It's over Johnny"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't think we let him go because he couldn't play.  I think we let him go because he couldn't START, and also his salary for last year would have been 5 million.  By trading him, we ensured HIM he would start and play.  I don't get why he was upset, and I think he figured it out that we were actually KIND to him.  He got 5 million dollars and was on a team that didn't win the Superbowl.  If we had not traded him, we would have released/resigned him at a way lower number, or some other team with holes would have done it.  So, either way, he didn't get a chance to win the SB, but he is richer because of it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaPat1. Show AlpharettaPat1's posts

In Response to Re: Would you resign Vrabel?:
    AlpharettaPat1....welcome to the forum and I'm guessing you're from Georgia? I'm headed there next month to St Marys, it better be warmer there than here (Northern VT) I gotta trailer the bike cause there still will be snow here. Again welcome..HRK
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Yes I am. Thank you very much, its a little cold but not too bad, hope you enjoy your stay down here in the South

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Sure, if you want another distraction......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I think he would provide leadership that was sorely missed last year. I think his ego might prevent it from happening. I can't picture him wanting to come back . And who's to say BB wants him back............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: Would you resign Vrabel? : Yes I am. Thank you very much, its a little cold but not too bad, hope you enjoy your stay down here in the South
    Posted by AlpharettaPat1

I always do. I'm visiting my brother & family and he's already getting the fixins' for a "Low Country Boil" MMMMM!!! love that stuff. He rides too and we're to Cape Canaveral area to a buddy of his that has one of those swamp air boats thingys??
    never been on one of those should be fun Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Be a solid backup and we know he can play any of the spots. However I'm not convinced this team will be playing the 34 next year depending on what happens with Wilfork.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

It's not going to happen...if the Pat's traded Vrabel then re-signed Seau....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

would you bring your old girl freind back and let her sit on your couch with you and your wife? nah

he's done

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Would you resign Vrabel? : Yes I am. Thank you very much, its a little cold but not too bad, hope you enjoy your stay down here in the South
    Posted by AlpharettaPat1

I'm in Marietta, nice to see another GA Pats fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This isn't going to happen. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Start screaming, I would bring him back to play some TE.  At OLB there are too many young guys and more to come, he can be good player coach but I wouldn't want him to take snaps away from the young guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Actually, he can't set the edge anymore. No is my answer, and I'm guessing no would be Belichick's answer, as well. All this hoopla about Veteran leadership is bull. The biggest problem in the Patriots' locker room last year was a 32 year old veteran.

Vrabel has moved on, Belichick has moved, I moved on, most Patriots' fans have moved on, why don't you catch up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I don't think he would come back but maybe I am wrong about that... but if he would it would be a vet minimum contract in my opinion. He is not the Vrabel of the Superbowl runs but his leadership and the depth he would add as you draft some more youth could be usefull. But it also depends on who else they might decide to get in free agency. Free agency is going to be interesting this year as until June cut down the market is kind of weak overall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd sign anyone that can help this pathetic Defense. It seems like when the Patriots trade or release players there is a lifetime of hatred so I'm not counting on it. I'm also not so sure that Vrabel can help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Vrabel hasn't been able to set the edge or rush the passer for about two years, it's time to move on guys i'm sure he has....