WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

Pats are in the Super Bowl and there is a surprising amount of pessimism here about their chances against the Giants.  Where's the faith they'll win instead of this whiny "I'm worried about the Giants" crap!!  Yes, the Pats didn't play their best, BUT THEY WON!!  The D probably played better than most thought they would in spite of that horrible O, talk about bad play calling in which they seemed to go conservative yesterday.  Anyway... I am so glad fans DO NOT play the game.  The team has faith they can win and that is where I place my trust because opinions don't play!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

Agreed on this.  There were missed opportunities by both teams yesterday.  The Pats gutted it out, it was a great game by two very good teams, either deserved to win. 

Both the O and the D contributed to a win.  Brady didn't have his best day, the defense played better than a lot of people expected it to, hopefully Tom can be on top of his game in two weeks. 

I saw nothing in the first Giants v. Pats matchup that suggests the Pats connot win in Indy.  It should be a very good game, and hopefully the Pats can exorcise some demons from '07. 

COMPLAINERS:  The Pats are in the Superbowl and they have a decent shot at winning.  Enjoy the moment for once!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Normally I don't mind if fans criticize the Pats and worry about an upcoming game but this is the SB. Clearly the Pats had a chance to beat the Giants the last time they met and that's without Chung or Spikes and the OL still coming together. Not to mention Brady having an off day. Of course any given Sunday but the Pats have just as good of a shot as the Giants and given the resiliency of this team and Myra helping from above I have little doubt about the SB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

You're surprised that there is pessimism on this forum?

I am shocked that there aren't more whiny b*tch threads this morning other than the usual drivel from blubberinhawaii.  Maybe the fans on here are finally starting to appreciate what BB & Co have done for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Did you watch yesterdays games. And you feel confident???

I like our chances, but they aint winning nothing the way they played yesterday.

They will need to play MUCH better and who knows if they will. Any fan who is worried should be, I thought we had enough yahoo talk already last week,. Lets be realistic. We are fukced! We need to find someone to cover in the slot or were done. Brady hates 4 man rushes and plays his worst against these kinds of defenses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

It could have been the 15-1 Packers or the 13-3 Niners or the 13-3 Saints.

Instead it's the 9-7 Giants.  Yes their playing a lot better than 9-7 but was anybody expecting the Rams or the Colts?  

This is a great chance to win it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The only thing I am confident about is Brady bouncing back from a bad game.

The Pats DID have Flacco rattled early if anyone remembers, but like any B.B. defense, once you get past the games and wrinkles and actually complete a throw, you see its an easy defense to throw against.'

Brady needs to be better and so does Chung.

I am encouraged by our run game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???:
    [QUOTE]Did you watch yesterdays games. And you feel confident??? I like our chances, but they aint winning nothing the way they played yesterday. They will need to play MUCH better and who knows if they will. Any fan who is worried should be, I thought we had enough yahoo talk already last week,. Lets be realistic. We are fukced! We need to find someone to cover in the slot or were done. Brady hates 4 man rushes and plays his worst against these kinds of defenses.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

But you also have to look at it the other way too Jay.

No matter how bad they played they still beat the 2nd best team in the AFC and Brady rarely has 2 bad games in a row. The OL looked good against a DL I would put against NYG and even in the first game with a OL still coming together they still had a decent game. Brady also plays better in domes so it will be a good game either way.

What isn't realistic is looking at yesterdays game and expecting the same. Imo both teams have a good chance to win but if you believe Brady with have another off day in a dome and an OL who have been playing great against some pretty tough pass rush D's lately is going to fall apart, then that's a bit unrealistic too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like our chances, but they aint winning nothing the way they played yesterday.

Nothing except the AFC championship game?  C'mon Jay, we all know they can play better, and despite not playing great they won.  Enjoy it, just enjoy it... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm not worried. I am really enjoying the ride. 

In another six seasons, Brady might not be here, this team might not be the same. They might not compete like this. 

I'm really just enjoying it. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Believe me, I am happy to be here. I was almost in tears.

This feeling I have now will go away. Its the monday morning feeling and I am rehashing the game and all that went wrong. When I vent, it allows me to be rid of the demons from that game.

So what Im saying is I will be geared up and confident for the game, but right now I am wondering what adjustments will be made. Edleman CANNOT play the slot. Period. They better get it together. 44 looked ok, but then Chung had a bad game. We need ALL hands on Deck to play a great game.

The Ravens D-line is not the Giants. They have big, slow guys and the Giants have slimmer, fast guys who get upfield and still stop the run. They will play better run defense than the Ravens did because they only need 4 to rush and smack Rb's on the way upfield. 

Lets GO!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I feel a lot better how we handled the 2 week rest for the bye week game. I think they managed the time effectively. The D did anyway. Agree with the 9-7 Giants. Its not the Saints, Niners or the Pack. Eli wont be able to keep up with Brady if Brady doesnt throw bad INTS.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not worried. I am really enjoying the ride.  In another six seasons, Brady might not be here, this team might not be the same. They might not compete like this.  I'm really just enjoying it. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

That's the only way to roll with this. We haven't been in this game for 6 it seems very long years. I'm savoring it.

Oddly, this is in a way another perfect season on the line. Sweep the Jets, nail the Broncos, skunk the Ravens and get the Giants in the SB and do it in Indy. Every fail since the last SB win has been or could be addressed; and all under the watchful eye of MHK.

The BB and Brady legacy has been gathering dust as doubts of their supremacy in the big games have risen. The shadow of spygate still looms with no ultimate victory to dispel it.

Amazing story if it plays out, and I'm a little surprised the media hasn't seen the astonishing confluence of all this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???:
    [QUOTE]Pats are in the Super Bowl and there is a surprising amount of pessimism here about their chances against the Giants.  Where's the faith they'll win instead of this whiny "I'm worried about the Giants" crap!!  Yes, the Pats didn't play their best, BUT THEY WON!!  The D probably played better than most thought they would in spite of that horrible O, talk about bad play calling in which they seemed to go conservative yesterday.  Anyway... I am so glad fans DO NOT play the game.  The team has faith they can win and that is where I place my trust because opinions don't play!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Giants fan here. I like our chances a lot better this time than in 2007.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In this league it is hard to beat a team twice in a season. Plus the Pats are seeking revenge. And no one(announcer wise) thought the Pats could win because they don't play D. Well, boy the Pats are proving them wrong. The PATS are playing great D. They carried Tom yesterday. Brady won't be horrible in 2 weeks. Gronk will be ready to go. The Pats are equally as hot as the Giants. If Williams does not muff to punts, it is most likely a different outcome for sure in the Giants/49ers game. I have all the confidence in the Pats. Win or loose they will have all my support.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm not sure how we're the favorites, the Giants are playing at an elite level while Brady just had his worst game of the season. 

I know that the Ravens game will probably be just an isolated performance and that he'll play much better in the SB, but I think it's understandable why people are nervous. 

We go as Brady goes. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : All great points.  It's also very true. It's ;like a storybook the way it's unfolding. I was at the grocery store this weekend and the butcher at the meat counter was asking who I was rooting for, etc, and I just quickly said "pats and niners" and he then comes back predictably saying he thought NE was done last year. Of course, he's a Jets fan. It's amazing to me how much people will believe what the media feeds them.  This is all because BB chose to wisely rebuild on the fly instead  of trying to pretend he could pay and hold on to Seymour and Vrabel.  NE was undermanned and under-stocked so to speak the last 2 years and now we've seen a very bumpy ride, but you could sort of see the makings of a deep run with the way the team was built in terms of character, etc. Even when Woodhead fumbled, I figured "hey, 8 point game, at least they could try to tie it", but the D held well and only allowed a FG. This team actually has more balls than the 2007 team.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I get a 2001 feel from this team. Yeah, BB and TB are big shots now, but there is a lot of doubt regarding them compared to years ago (added an edit to the post, btw).

Even the D who did look abysmal early on has a bit of the same scrappy nature the 2001 D had.

jets fans have no clue. And why should they? That organization has been a ship without a rudder forever it seems. They like the rest of the division don't get that you can't succeed with these stiffs at QB in today's NFL.

Where would we be with any of their QBs at our helm?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Just saying....Everyone thought the same with the Ravens too right?

Im glad so many folks no football. If we win the game its gonna be because we play better.

Not revenge!  That was 5 years ago and most players are gone. How did the pats do avenging their loss from just 2 years ago???  Yeah, like I said. This wont be easy.

Why would we run all over the Giants?  WHo else has done that.

The Giants may not be the Ravens, but they present their own challenges.

The Ravens have a slow D-line and they played guys back to stop the pass and thats why running lanes were open. We will have less luck vs the Giants who will have their backers up at the line and rush their 4 guys.

Can we have success running, maybe, but it wont be because of what we did yesterday. These are totally different teams.

Micheal Boley is a Beast. JPP, Kiawanuke, Osi, Tuck, these boys get after it.

Brady will have to play his best game of the year and our defense will have to find an answer for tha slot position.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Patriots will win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Did you watch yesterdays games. And you feel confident??? I like our chances, but they aint winning nothing the way they played yesterday. They will need to play MUCH better and who knows if they will. Any fan who is worried should be, I thought we had enough yahoo talk already last week,. Lets be realistic. We are fukced! We need to find someone to cover in the slot or were done. Brady hates 4 man rushes and plays his worst against these kinds of defenses.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    Yes, because they won a game with D while the O played poorly overall.  You know the Pats O will not put two bad games back to back and this offense is set up to better handle the pressure the Giants will place upon them than in 2007.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure how we're the favorites, the Giants are playing at an elite level while Brady just had his worst game of the season.  I know that the Ravens game will probably be just an isolated performance and that he'll play much better in the SB, but I think it's understandable why people are nervous.  We go as Brady goes. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

We're the favorite because Vegas knows most betters will bet the Pats. It's based on that, not on the actual prospects of winning.

But then too, they know head to head we lost a close one to the Giants at the last minute in the regular season (when the Giants had their early surge). The D is clearly better now and if anybody has a motivation edge it's us because of 2007.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : We're the favorite because Vegas knows most betters will bet the Pats. It's based on that, not on the actual prospects of winning. But then too, they know head to head we lost a close one to the Giants at the last minute in the regular season (when the Giants had their early surge). The D is clearly better now and if anybody has a motivation edge it's us because of 2007.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    One has to look at the Pats now versus the first game against the Giants.  They are healthier and have an offense that can beat this Giants D.  Also, we have to understand in the first Giants game, the G men got two significant PI calls in their favor which led directly to 14 Giants points.  No PI calls, no Giants win in that game.  Also, Brady had his "bad" game.. one would think Eli is due.