WOW, crazy stat i just heard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

WOW, crazy stat i just heard

Defensive PI up 62%!!!! since 5 years ago

roughing the pass up 53%

defensive holding 34%

all other penatlies only up 5% ...

what a stat. reffs ruining the integrity of the game, this is nuts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: WOW, crazy stat i just heard

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

roughing the pass up 53%

defensive holding 34%

[/QUOTE]

The refs are beholden to the new rules and are only enforcing what they are told to by the league.

Take roughing the passer. It used to be you had to plant the QB to get called. Under today's rules, if a defensive player so much as touches the QB's helmet, he's flagged. Can't hit him high, can't hit him low or you get flagged.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

roughing the pass up 53%

defensive holding 34%

[/QUOTE]

It's not the refs.

This is what the league wants because the research shows that the "casual" fans watch for entertainment value and that entertainment comes from scoring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

ok i know its not the refs fault guys its Goodell but you all knew what I meant by refs. i mean the league which is Goodell and the refs. he has ruined it

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If these guys were not all taking steroids to make them 300 pounders that might add longevity to skill players careers. Being 205 pounds instead of 215 is fine when you are getting hit by 275 pounders instead of 300 pounders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

roughing the pass up 53%

defensive holding 34%

[/QUOTE]

Umm, did you NOT just say in another thread that you did not get why I like defense but think the offensive era is the same?

THOSE STATS are why a crappy postseason Brady are unacceptable!  It's easier to be a QB and easier to play offense today and MORE DIFFICULT to play defense!!!

Get it?

So, when Brady turns it over twice, our team 3 times on Sunday, I don't want to hear about our D who allowed 6 points at halftime.

You have all been warned. Goodell wants revenue and ratings. Said it years ago. Let's take advantage of it and let's hope Brady can finally improve in an easier era!

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is, that the Patriots D was superb because they had only given up 6 points in the half to 1-5 road team with a third string QB, but Brady was horrible in scoring zip to a top 10 defense?  Could you be any more of an idiot?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, did you NOT just say in another thread that you did not get why I like defense but think the offensive era is the same?

THOSE STATS are why a crappy postseason Brady are unacceptable!  It's easier to be a QB and easier to play offense today and MORE DIFFICULT to play defense!!!

Get it?

So, when Brady turns it over twice, our team 3 times on Sunday, I don't want to hear about our D who allowed 6 points at halftime.

You have all been warned. Goodell wants revenue and ratings. Said it years ago. Let's take advantage of it and let's hope Brady can finally improve in an easier era!

[/QUOTE]

dude, I'm not a brady ballwasher. i LOVE the guy and everything he has done but yes, he has had his struggles and i can see that and you do too but you also fail to see that yes the D only gave up 6 in the first but they still gave u 26! 26! to jason Campbell!!!!!! that's unacceptable. if they gave up 12 the whole game and we barely won i would side with you but the D gave up 400 yards and 26 points to the freaking BROWNS

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Also think these penallty calls are way up even after players have adjusted to new way it's called.

i guess that makes Brady 07 better than manning 13 once adjusted for inflation

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also think these penallty calls are way up even after players have adjusted to new way it's called.

[/QUOTE]

So, if the current emphasis on protecting the QB was in place for SB42, ya think there may have been a couple roughing the QB calls given how often the Giants' D slammed into Brady every other play, it seems?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

You are wrong.  Short fields, loss of momentum, no momentum by our offense is no the defense's fault.

Dever just allowed 28 to Fitpatrick. The Jets 27 to some person named McGloin. No one knows who that is!

Dallas 45 to Josh McCown. Baltimore, 28 to Matt Cassel and Adrian Peterson injured.

[/QUOTE]

notice something about all of those defenses? they SUCK. Denver D- overrated and just bad.
    Jets- no secondary whatsoever. decent run D thats it. Baltimore- way too inconsistent with those young guys. Cowboys- maybe the worst D the NFL has ever seen.

now, our D isnt in the catagory w those D's but our D certainly isnt what it was weeks 2-6 and needs to get back to that. TB cant do it by himself. Mcdaneils needs to call more runs and the oline needs to block better and Tb will straighten up his act too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They seem to let a lot of things go in the playoffs and the end result is better games in my opinion....games that aren't decided by BS calls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady any year is better than manning any year

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

roughing the pass up 53%

defensive holding 34%

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Another Pats fan crying about the rules of the game and the refs enforcing them.  Still no tears over all the calls that have gone the Pats way, though... weird.  Oh wait, you deserve them, right?   Here's the thing, moron (and this is for all you morons) the rules are what they are.  And the refs are human beings subject to error, as they always have been. The fact that the rules have not been enforced to the letter of the law more often does not mean that they should not be now, specifically PI.  Gronk gets mugged, no call... waaaaaaaaaaaa.  Talib mugs Tony G, no call, good call.  Boyce gets a weak PI call to give the Pats the game... good call, right?  You losers are almost all hypocrites.  

[/QUOTE]

i'm not btching against calls for us. i speak about the league in general. i thought PI on boyce wasnt a flag but hey i'll take it. i'm saying all in all its a joke. yes, the pats get bail out calls too, everyone does and it sucks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

roughing the pass up 53%

defensive holding 34%

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Another Pats fan crying about the rules of the game and the refs enforcing them.  Still no tears over all the calls that have gone the Pats way, though... weird.  Oh wait, you deserve them, right?   Here's the thing, moron (and this is for all you morons) the rules are what they are.  And the refs are human beings subject to error, as they always have been. The fact that the rules have not been enforced to the letter of the law more often does not mean that they should not be now, specifically PI.  Gronk gets mugged, no call... waaaaaaaaaaaa.  Talib mugs Tony G, no call, good call.  Boyce gets a weak PI call to give the Pats the game... good call, right?  You losers are almost all hypocrites.  

[/QUOTE]

i'm not btching against calls for us. i speak about the league in general. i thought PI on boyce wasnt a flag but hey i'll take it. i'm saying all in all its a joke. yes, the pats get bail out calls too, everyone does and it sucks

[/QUOTE]

Why on earth would you want to lose a game when the other team gets away with breaking the rules?  It is at the most critical points in games that players need to know that the rules will be enforced.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

wonder what the stat for blowing some guys knee apart is, i know 2 TEs that did