WOW I'M STUNNED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

WOW I'M STUNNED

I thought the young guys on D would be good, but out of place a lot.  They were amazing, and as far as I could tell, we started subbing 2s in more after the 2nd half kickoff return for touchdown.  Just a stunning defensive performance.  I'M PSYCHED.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Re: WOW I'M STUNNED

Chung led the team with 12 tackles (9 solo) and Mayo behind with 8 (Globe reports 9).  We looked good for the most part, and I'm very pleased.  Hey, guess what Tedy Bruschi?  We held one of the best power runs teams from 2009 to 97 yards rushing total.

BB knew exactly what to do to put his players in a position to win.  I almost feel bad for Marvin Lewis--what a coaching mismatch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Chung was hitting everything that moved, I think he hit the Bengals waterboy at one point.  A blur out there, watched him fake a blitz, back out, see the handoff, run in a meet the runner 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage and level him.  Huge, huge play from him.  On the other hand, when they subbed in Sanders, Cincy just picked him apart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I told my buddy two weeks ago Chung will have a breakout season he is a beast

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Very good game playing. Enjoyed watching it. Can't wait for next week with Jets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Sanders was picked on for a bit. Gresham got the better of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Subbing 2s ... what does that mean?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

What a differece between last and this year!
    Hope it continues, they should get better with experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED:
    [QUOTE]Subbing 2s ... what does that mean?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I thought they were playing the second string guys alot more after we got that kickoff return score.  I saw Brace in for Warren, Pryor in for Wright, and Sanders in for Merriweather on the majority of those snaps.  Also, a lot of soft zone with the nickle guys in. Looked like Bill was getting some feet wet, and working on some real situational football with a comfortable lead.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Sanders was picked on for a bit. Gresham got the better of him.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Can we expect Jarrad Page to take over the Sanders snaps in a few games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED : I thought they were playing the second string guys alot more after we got that kickoff return score.  I saw Brace in for Warren, Pryor in for Wright, and Sanders in for Merriweather on the majority of those snaps.  Also, a lot of soft zone with the nickle guys in. Looked like Bill was getting some feet wet, and working on some real situational football with a comfortable lead.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I think those are guys they feel better about for rushing. Pryor is a decent rusher and Warren is a run stopper. Although Wright is a decent rusher as well, maybe you are right.

I think overall the D played well against a team that played not so good. I still think they need to get to the QB much better, they only had one sack and Cincy had to throw a lot. I thought Mayo was absolutely horrible today. I can't believe he had 8 tackles, but he also played a lot of snaps. I thought he went the wrong way several times and was the last one moving after the snap. Chung was to me the player of the game. Besides his heat seaking missile hits, he tackled very very well. I mean some of the tackles he made are what seperates good players from outstanding players.  I don't think they get tested next week because Sanchez is a joke...Hope they can get Cunningham involved as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED : Can we expect Jarrad Page to take over the Sanders snaps in a few games?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

i hope so. sanders looked like crap

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i laugh at Tedy Bruschi
    his analysis of the D on ESPN Boston was 100% WRONG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED : i hope so. sanders looked like crap
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I like the defense as a whole today. Agressive and fast, we could get much better by the end of the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED : I think those are guys they feel better about for rushing. Pryor is a decent rusher and Warren is a run stopper. Although Wright is a decent rusher as well, maybe you are right. I think overall the D played well against a team that played not so good. I still think they need to get to the QB much better, they only had one sack and Cincy had to throw a lot. I thought Mayo was absolutely horrible today. I can't believe he had 8 tackles, but he also played a lot of snaps. I thought he went the wrong way several times and was the last one moving after the snap. Chung was to me the player of the game. Besides his heat seaking missile hits, he tackled very very well. I mean some of the tackles he made are what seperates good players from outstanding players.  I don't think they get tested next week because Sanchez is a joke...Hope they can get Cunningham involved as well.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Dude if you can't take pleasure in a win like this then ... what the h*** can you enjoy?  Did you see the other scores today?  Most NFL teams stink.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED : I thought they were playing the second string guys alot more after we got that kickoff return score.  I saw Brace in for Warren, Pryor in for Wright, and Sanders in for Merriweather on the majority of those snaps.  Also, a lot of soft zone with the nickle guys in. Looked like Bill was getting some feet wet, and working on some real situational football with a comfortable lead.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Don't expect the haters and whiners to notice that. Even the 51 yard hail mary was played correctly. You don't contest the ball if it's not in the end zone with no time and take the chance on a flag. You just make sure there's no way the receiver can score. Exactly the type of situation where a young guy might screw up. The 4th quarter Bengels drive was garbage time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW I'M STUNNED : Dude if you can't take pleasure in a win like this then ... what the h*** can you enjoy?  Did you see the other scores today?  Most NFL teams stink.

Uhm I enjoy my Corvette it's fast and really cool, kids, dog, job, wife, summer home, Disney...And Football, oh yeah the cat too, she gets mad when I leave her out. I just don't enjoy top ten picks that play linebacker that play like 3rd rounders, that's not what I'm looking for, hopefully the same thing won't happen with Oaklands pick next year, because we don't need top 10 D lineman playing like 3rd rounders either ( I think they go line, because we are thin there:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

bb said he rotated alot in the second halfs not only did the youngs starters get some good play he rotated in the depth.... he said everyone played  ,,,can wai for jest games... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

you didn't think Spikes played well? I did.  He was mostly subbing for Guyton.  They did fine.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Seriously, ANYone that says this "New England Defense=St!nks"...ahhh, yea.  Guys, NE by and large, "turned it off" after it was 31 Points Patriots to yes- 3 Points Bengals...after this, I could really care less, unless there HAS to be due to sheer patheticness, some insane last minute drive by NE in order to seal the win for goood...and there didn't need to be, 'cause the game was decided already...

~BUT, for argument's sake, IF you really NEED to look at precisely what The Patriots's Defense held The Bengals Offense to, throughout the ENTIRE and ALREADY decided Game...well: 

The NE Defense held the alternate 2009 Pro-bowl RB, in Cedric Benson to 43 Total Rushing Yards throughout the entire game, AS Benson was running behind a 2009 Playoff Offensive Line with people like Andre Smith, Anthony Collins, Kyle Cook, Evan MathisBobbie Williams and Nate Livings manning that O-Line.....sheez.

And Passing?  Lol...let's see:  Behind a Pro-Bowl Quarterback in Carson Palmer, who was throwin' the ball to Terrell-freakin'-Owens AND Chad-freakin'-Ocho-freakin'-Cinco AND, along with-A 1st Round TightEnd in this 2010 NFL Draft in Jermaine Gresham, AND, along with- a Top 10 2010 NFL Draft wideout in Jacoby Ford, NE's Defense held these 4 receivers to almost precisely 300 Total Yards on the day, with most of these coming again, AFTER the game was already decided... 

Yea, NE's Defense really s#cked against this awful Bengals Offense.  WhatTH is WRONG with some of YOU?!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Subbing 2s ... what does that mean?
    That's a subtle excuse for not putting up 50 today. Pats D gave up 21 passing 1st downs and 345 yards to who I thought looked very amateurish for 30 minutes in Palmer. I guess I was watching another game. My bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was very surprised at the D's energy, positioning, hitting and over all effectiveness in the season opener.  Great to see them start the season offwith that type of performance and looking forward to next week!

If there is any negatives from the D today it has to be that the same thing happened today as was the case last season.  They start off well and seem to let up the 2nd half of the game.  Other than that, I'm pretty excited.

I didn't notice, did Jarred Page play today? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, ANY one that says this " New England Defense=St!nks "...ahhh, yea.  Guys, NE by and large, "turned it off" after it was 31 Points Patriots to yes- 3 Points Bengals ...after this, I could really care less, unless there HAS to be due to sheer patheticness, some insane last minute drive by NE in order to seal the win for goood...and there didn't need to be, 'cause the game was decided already... .
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

i hope you are correct. in the 2nd half, cinci's rb's consistently got 5 yards through a seam between the de and olb.  they were allowing that in the preseason too.

no worries yet. 1) we know bb will see that and figure out how to fix it.  2) i think the team has enough talent to execute the fix.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]bb said he rotated alot in the second halfs not only did the youngs starters get some good play he rotated in the depth.... he said everyone played  ,,,can wai for jest games... 
    Posted by pjmj430[/QUOTE]

yeppers, cuz the bengals were going no huddle...wanted to keep "fresh" legs