wow ... Pats D discovers Pressure strategy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

wow ... Pats D discovers Pressure strategy

Yeah....  been begging for this for weeks.  pats have the athletic players.   Qb looks like different player under pressure.

Thank you, D for using your players strengths...   not waiting around "bending and not breaking".   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: wow ... Pats D discovers Pressure strategy

Very satisfying to see this radical shift in defensive philosophy....

ESPECIALLY WITH NO TALIB BACK THERE THIS WEEK...!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Agree , hopefully we will see more of that as the year progresses.

but watch those screens!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I think this was specifially for Tannehill

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I hate to say this, but I think it's BB who just doesn't like to use these type of plays.  They only went to it because nothing else was working.  I don't know if this will be common play moving forward.  I sure hope it's something they try using more. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

No Wilfork, no Mayo, no Talib, Arrington leaves the game, and they give up only 17 points?

That is amazing! Strong pressure, Logan Ryan looking the part. If they can avoid more injuries they are going to be special.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

but watch those screens!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly....   Befoore that play weren't you saying ....OK they probably will back off on THIRD AND 25...?

Like change it up on that situation perhaps....   but Hey I can't fault that little lapse since you gotta give dolphins a little credit for calling the perfect play...  WR screen to wallace

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

but watch those screens!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly....   Befoore that play weren't you saying ....OK they probably will back off on THIRD AND 25...?

Like change it up on that situation perhaps....   but Hey I can't fault that little lapse since you gotta give dolphins a little credit for calling the perfect play...  WR screen to wallace

[/QUOTE]

Without the pressure d they would not have had a 3rd and 25. Also Miami executed that play perfect only 1/5 times is it getting 25 yards. I think it is a good trade off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

If BB really does not go back to that, it'll be a shame. I want to see what the pressure D looks like with Talib in coverage, because that just seems rather deadly to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate to say this, but I think it's BB who just doesn't like to use these type of plays.  They only went to it because nothing else was working.  I don't know if this will be common play moving forward.  I sure hope it's something they try using more. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, hopefully the old dog can still learn

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Dolphins O Line is pourous, our D line was terrible in the first half when their O Line was fresh, we can't expect that kind of ease every week and will need to improve.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah....  been begging for this for weeks.  pats have the athletic players.   Qb looks like different player under pressure.

Thank you, D for using your players strengths...   not waiting around "bending and not breaking".   

[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen this in a long time, I'm glad they did it today.  Hope they continue with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen this in a long time, I'm glad they did it today.  Hope they continue with it.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetsbarf. Show jetsbarf's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If BB really does not go back to that, it'll be a shame. I want to see what the pressure D looks like with Talib in coverage, because that just seems rather deadly to me.

[/QUOTE]

If he comes back strong, look for BB to do more of it with one on one coverage in the D backfield...he has to...they are not getting CONSISTENT pressure, only sporadic pressure...without Talib, and depending on the ability of the other teams TE's, they are weak against some teams in the middle and need real pressure from somewhere or they can be picked apart

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I think it will be the same as last year.  There were 2-3 games where we went blitz crazy, and it worked fantastically.  But then it was right back to the bend but don't break style, which while keeping us in games, makes me pull my hair out.  I love when our D dials it up and brings it, but it all comes down to the opponent and the game plan leading up to them. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The bend-over and get broke-back D has been a failed strategy for years now. Much better to be aggressive and if you get burned, so what. The next time you burn them. The bend-over and get broke-back tactic gets you burned anyway, and it eats up clock keeping the O off the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You can't run a two gap defense if you don't have defensive tackles to play it, instead we have one gap, attacking guys.  It's definitely not a positive thing... we need someone to emerge at NT or Kelly to be healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Dolphins O Line is pourous, our D line was terrible in the first half when their O Line was fresh, we can't expect that kind of ease every week and will need to improve.

[/QUOTE]

GOOD POST. I believe the Dolphins have given up the most sacks in the league this year. It will be interesting to see how much pressure The PATS D puts on Gomer next month. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Agree that this was intended to take advantage of an O-line that is under-talented, under-coached or both.  I was watching to see if the 'phins made any adjustments to account for the Pats blitzers and whatever they did (or didn't do) was largely ineffective.

This is not take away from the execution by the Pats D, Ryan in particular.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree that this was intended to take advantage of an O-line that is under-talented, under-coached or both.  I was watching to see if the 'phins made any adjustments to account for the Pats blitzers and whatever they did (or didn't do) was largely ineffective.

This is not take away from the execution by the Pats D, Ryan in particular.

[/QUOTE]

True enough...  but the creativity used by Pats D bringing guys from different angles, corners safeties, represents a turning point for this team.

It is a shift that needs to be expanded on.  Put in some new blitzes that drop a DL into zone coverage...  Thats one of my favorites since the OLINE ends up blocking AIR and the DL clogs up the crossing routes by dropping back 5 yards.  Vellano doesnt get to the qb anyway so drop him back and bring the speed guy in from the slot.  

PRACTICE THEM.  Get good at it.  Find the weaknesses of teams protection... EXploit them.  You dont get anywhere by not pushing the envelope.  Take a page out of Dick Lebeau's attacking Pittsburg style.  Develop it . 

The players clearly were feeding off this style of defense and guys like hightower seemed to respond with a higher level of play...  Anyone else notice that...?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good to Finally see some good 2nd half adjustments. Offensively we moved the ball, and defensively we BLIIIIITTTZZZZZEDDD!!  On D it was Either Blitz or Die! and good thing BB recognized the sense of the urgency. After the Vollmer injury, I admit, I was deflated! Some how, they pulled it out in old skool Patriots fashion.

Good game by Logan who got it started with a CB Blitz that WAS called out by the center, but he still came Free! The Missed FG seemed to give momentum and C.J. with a Great FG SWAT! Cant even call it a block. He swatted it like a B-ball!

I liked that they gave Fletcher some burn early. Mixed it up. Hightower seemed to play a bit better and looked motivated. (he has been thinking too much out there, stated it last year) Its good to see BB  change his role and get more from him as he clearly was overwhelmed last week. Carter got in and helped with flexibility as Nink was standing up some plays as some stated last week. C.Jones and Vellano continue to play well vs the pass but we just gonna keep plugging gaps in the run game., Collective effort. We will survive till help arrives. Great Win filled with adversity as usual. Those will help down the stretch. This will be a gritty team

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

They also switched to a 5/2 as their base D in the second half to help stop the run. Kind of rare to see in pro or college football. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good to Finally see some good 2nd half adjustments. Offensively we moved the ball, and defensively we BLIIIIITTTZZZZZEDDD!!  On D it was Either Blitz or Die! and good thing BB recognized the sense of the urgency. After the Vollmer injury, I admit, I was deflated! Some how, they pulled it out in old skool Patriots fashion.

Good game by Logan who got it started with a CB Blitz that WAS called out by the center, but he still came Free! The Missed FG seemed to give momentum and C.J. with a Great FG SWAT! Cant even call it a block. He swatted it like a B-ball!

I liked that they gave Fletcher some burn early. Mixed it up. Hightower seemed to play a bit better and looked motivated. (he has been thinking too much out there, stated it last year) Its good to see BB  change his role and get more from him as he clearly was overwhelmed last week. Carter got in and helped with flexibility as Nink was standing up some plays as some stated last week. C.Jones and Vellano continue to play well vs the pass but we just gonna keep plugging gaps in the run game., Collective effort. We will survive till help arrives. Great Win filled with adversity as usual. Those will help down the stretch. This will be a gritty team

[/QUOTE]

+1. Well stated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Bringing the house against a JAG QB with a bad line is not a sustainable strategy.  If we try that kind of crap against Gomer or some other legitimate QB we will get toasted.  This is football 101.  You can't just blitz good QBs repeatedly.  The Patriots exploited a weakness of their opponent yesterday, but I don't expect to see what we saw in the 2nd half yesterday on a regular basis.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] You've been begging for this strategy for weeks, I've been screaming for it for years! It's the best way to help out a mediocre secondary since the front four generate little pressure and the LBs are lousy in coverage. We had zero sacks in the first half against a QB who had been sacked 26 times during the season and we were down 17-3. Then in the second half we start blitzing and sack him 6 times and pick off a couple of passes. Hello! Maybe we don't have to always be carved up by second rate QBs like Geno Smith!