WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.

The Patriots signed veteran DB Derrick Martin and veteran FB Kareem Huggins today. In addition, veteran G Robert Gallery retired and FB Tony Fiamettta was placed on exempt/left squad.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-two-Veteran-G-Robert-Gallery-retires/bcba3166-5242-416d-a655-1cd44903dc3b

I was never okay on the signing of Robert Gallery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.

It didn't sound like he was having a very good camp.  Maybe he realized the writing was on the wall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Too bad.  I was hoping he would contribute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats_fan_2012. Show pats_fan_2012's posts

Good point, nyjoseph.

Donald Thomas was getting reps over Gallery in practice......and doing a better job apparently.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Strange happenings! Gallery is an expierenced vet for him to just quit is highly unusual,Fiametta is even stranger than the Gallery retirement. I don't know either of their replacements,Martin or Huggins.Upon doing a little research Martin was on the NYG last season and the Packers in 2010,back to back winner of Super Bowls! Though he didn't play much during either seasons he does haave two rings!!Huggins is a Bowling ball type FB as he is 5'9 198.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Props to Rkarp, he called Gallery not making it, although I think he was lucky! Cool

J/K Good job dude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

little surprised honestly. I thought he had a good shot given how much BB wanted him back in the day. Of well, if Thomas and Wendell were beating him out then I'll take the younger duo and trust Scar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If a past-his-prime Gallery had his stuff he would have made the starting lineup.  He didn't have what he used to have, he realized it, and he wasn't here to be a JAG toiling in obscurity when he already had millions in the bank. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We have a lot of good young prospects behind him so it's not a problem... yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Getting beat out by Thomas is writing on the wall.  I was hoping he's be able to contribute but apparently Gallery has been washed up for some time now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

reports of gallery being thrown around by our dl all week were not a good sign.better he goes now than later

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.:
    [QUOTE]It didn't sound like he was having a very good camp.  Maybe he realized the writing was on the wall.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

my first thougts as well when i saw the headline

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Too bad.  I was hoping he would contribute.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

ditto.
    if scaer cant help him, hes done

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Strange happenings! Gallery is an expierenced vet for him to just quit is highly unusual,Fiametta is even stranger than the Gallery retirement. I don't know either of their replacements,Martin or Huggins.Upon doing a little research Martin was on the NYG last season and the Packers in 2010,back to back winner of Super Bowls! Though he didn't play much during either seasons he does haave two rings!!Huggins is a Bowling ball type FB as he is 5'9 198.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

fiametta is said to be a "family issue". so def somethingoff teh field.

5"9" 198 sounds closer to woodhead than a bowlng ball.
    now if he were 230-250 that would be a ncie bowling ball :)

these 2 have not done much on the field at all. i would not expect them to make the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]little surprised honestly. I thought he had a good shot given how much BB wanted him back in the day. Of well, if Thomas and Wendell were beating him out then I'll take the younger duo and trust Scar
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]e.

had same thoughts on point one.

agree with you on point 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.": [QUOTE]Props to Rkarp, he called Gallery not making it, although I think he was lucky! J/K Good job dude. Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE] Reminder, I also said McCourty COULD be the surprise cut at camp. That is how bad he looks at this time. Can he turn it around? Sure. Take away his first year however, and based on last year and this tears camp, McCourty is playing himself to a bubble player. Gallery really struggled last year. Replaced and cut by the Seahawks. Pretty obvious at camp this year he was not going to make it. I really liked Fiametta. I thought he could have been very important to the running game this year. Better blocker than Gronk and of course Hernandez. I go back to my broken record rant....Pats had the cap space and needs for this years free agency to really fill holes. Yet they come out of it with a rotational DL (Fanene) and a WR (Lloyd) . If cutdown is today, Scott is on the bubble, and Fells is pup/4th TE. Still holes in the defensive backfield, need OL depth, did not address any youth at WR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.": Reminder, I also said McCourty COULD be the surprise cut at camp. That is how bad he looks at this time. Can he turn it around? Sure. Take away his first year however, and based on last year and this tears camp, McCourty is playing himself to a bubble player. Gallery really struggled last year. Replaced and cut by the Seahawks. Pretty obvious at camp this year he was not going to make it. I really liked Fiametta. I thought he could have been very important to the running game this year. Better blocker than Gronk and of course Hernandez. I go back to my broken record rant....Pats had the cap space and needs for this years free agency to really fill holes. Yet they come out of it with a rotational DL (Fanene) and a WR (Lloyd) . If cutdown is today, Scott is on the bubble, and Fells is pup/4th TE. Still holes in the defensive backfield, need OL depth, did not address any youth at WR.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Hey, the record is only broken if the message you are sending isn't accurate. And it appears you on track. I think BB is afraid to draft / sign young WR's because of the # of past failures who don't fit the system or can't adapt to Brady. On the OL everyone hopes Scar can work miracles and maybe he will but having more help would be reassuring.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: WOW! Robert Gallery retires. Pats sign two more.": Reminder, I also said McCourty COULD be the surprise cut at camp. That is how bad he looks at this time. Can he turn it around? Sure. Take away his first year however, and based on last year and this tears camp, McCourty is playing himself to a bubble player. Gallery really struggled last year. Replaced and cut by the Seahawks. Pretty obvious at camp this year he was not going to make it. I really liked Fiametta. I thought he could have been very important to the running game this year. Better blocker than Gronk and of course Hernandez. I go back to my broken record rant....Pats had the cap space and needs for this years free agency to really fill holes. Yet they come out of it with a rotational DL (Fanene) and a WR (Lloyd) . If cutdown is today, Scott is on the bubble, and Fells is pup/4th TE. Still holes in the defensive backfield, need OL depth, did not address any youth at WR.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

" go back to my broken record rant....Pats had the cap space and needs for this years free agency to really fill holes. Yet they come out of it with a rotational DL (Fanene) and a WR (Lloyd) . If cutdown is today, Scott is on the bubble, and Fells is pup/4th TE. Still holes in the defensive backfield, need OL depth, did not address any youth at WR. "

i wanted finnegan in fa or j jenins in draft. agreed with the need in the offseason. bb got dennard. we'll see.
    i trumpeted getting one of the many excellent wrs coming out in an unusually high wr draft. we got ebert,not exactly alshon jefferey 6'4, 232 pounds and unstoppable, who i wanted.
    gallory was a huge gamble. hope we stay healthy all year.