Wow surprised to hear Sanchez make this claim

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Wow surprised to hear Sanchez make this claim

I was really surprised to read this statement coming from Sanchez as if he is all that: he is saying Rex wants to win every Sunday and then goes on

"He knows everybody wants to win every Sunday, but he was just disappointed in our play last week and he let us know," quarterback Mark Sanchez said. "He just told us, flat out. We needed to hear that. Maybe it's just what we needed.

"We joke around about it, but there's nothing wrong with going 15-1. It started this week. ... Beating the Patriots, today (Wednesday), that's where it started. Our heads are in the right spot and the effort will definitely be there."

: I am referencing the going 15-1 indicating they will beat the Pats ( and twice this year) starting this Sunday. What do you guys think of Sanchezs comment?

My take sounds like Rex with the 15-1. We know they lost to Ravens so he is saying they will beat the Pats both times this year. hum???? I think NOT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: Wow surprised to hear Sanchez make this claim

Even though they lost a game, there's no reason they can't still go 16-0 too, right?

That's just about as realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

There's another thread on this already but:

I don't have an issue with him thinking that. Up until Super Bowl 42, I had an issue with players publicly claiming victories but I loved what Michael Strahan said: "Do you want me to get in front of cameras, with my teammates watching, and say that we're going to lose to the Patriots?"

Still, Strahan saying it is one thing but Sanchez or that rookie from the Steelers in 2007 is another thing. You haven't done sh!t in the league thus far so keep your predictions to yourself, shut up and just play.

And for a kid that clearly starts to mope around when things don't go his way, he sure does have a lot of nerve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Wow surprised to hear Sanchez make this claim:
    [QUOTE]There's another thread on this already but: I don't have an issue with him thinking that. Up until Super Bowl 42, I had an issue with players publicly claiming victories but I loved what Michael Strahan said: "Do you want me to get in front of cameras, with my teammates watching, and say that we're going to lose to the Patriots?" Still, Strahan saying it is one thing but Sanchez or that rookie from the Steelers in 2007 is another thing. You haven't done sh!t in the league thus far so keep your predictions to yourself, shut up and just play. And for a kid that clearly starts to mope around when things don't go his way, he sure does have a lot of nerve.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    Seems like a struck a nerve with you there Baba.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Get to 1-1 before you run your mouth, Rex jr.

For some reason I think it will be very difficult this Sunday!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

fake bravado. sanchez is a deer in the headlights.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

They can talk about 14-2 after this weekend.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

we still do not know the identitiy of either team, sanchez and his offrnse were surprisingly horrible and the pats d was surprisingly really good give it a couple more games

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

sanchez is another Leinart. The jsets will have to resort to getting a decent veteran QB soon

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Snach-ez is going to have a rough time in NY when the media gets on him. Their relentless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

His comments don't bother me, but I prefer the Belichick approach; every week is a one game season, until the season is over. It keeps the team's focus on what is immediately important, rather than spread their focus out in time... It also keeps the goal consistent: each week, you want to finish 1-0, rather than having to change the goal each time you lose (14-2, 13-3, 12-4, etc).

Personally, I think the Jets will be looking to go 14-2 on Monday...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Sanchez will be the Jets #2 QB by week 6, Count on it. 

He'll then have the job of holding Rex's ample belly apron on the sidelines.