Wow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow...

..I'd hate to see this place when/if we lose?

The O Line wasn't good, the corners are terrible... really, are we watching the same team?  

Pat's fans aren't the least bit spoiled.  We give up one TD, Ridely averages 6 yards a carry, Brady gets sacked once because he foolishly doesn't throw the ball away outside the hash marks but on a whole he has all day to throw and the offense runs smoothly.  Let's get some perspective people.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Wow...

In response to wozzy's comment:

The O Line wasn't good, the corners are terrible... really, are we watching the same team?  

Pat's fans aren't the least bit spoiled.  We give up one TD, Ridely averages 6 yards a carry, Brady gets sacked once because he foolishly doesn't throw the ball away outside the hash marks but on a whole he has all day to throw and the offense runs smoothly.  Let's get some perspective people.

an evaluation is an evaluation. we can say we did great and we did. 
    that doesnt mean no one is allowed to observe things that need improvement.
    lay off people for making observations. not every  team is tennessee.

there is no rose colered glasses requiremnt on the board (or you only can say positive things, but make no observations on what needs work).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

dude, I couldn't be any more pleased than I am about this game. it went just like expected. We have a very good defense that will be great by the playoffs and we have a running game to go with our already stellar passing game. what isn't there to like about it?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to sod11's comment:

Since the Pats won by running the ball I expect certian posters to perhaps sexualy assualt their trees or play flag football using their cat while wearing spandex pants with no back or front.

And others on suicide watch lol...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Yeah Woz...this isn't a place for only pro-Pats football discussions.  We're not kicking your dog when nitpicking.  We're Boston fans...it's what we do!

I'm very pleased with how they played...how the rookies played specifically.  I think it was a great first game for a lot of those guys.  The front seven was very disciplined in their assignments and overall...it was a great first step for the new season.  I saw a couple things that need some improvement, but the season is young...hopefully we'll see those things improve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So wozzy, I quess you think BB will be handing out lollypops and smacking azzes all while making balloon animals with a smile on his face in the film room tomorrow?  Come on man he's going to be a lot harder on them then we are here....and he should be.  That's how you improve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

So wozzy, I quess you think BB will be handing out lollypops and smacking azzes all while making balloon animals with a smile on his face in the film room tomorrow?  Come on man he's going to be a lot harder on them then we are here....and he should be.  That's how you improve.

exaclty!...
    anyone can say, "we're the best! dont say anything about my team."
    those who like football and also who are fans, may enjoy actually discussing each little thing they saw in every play.
    if anyone has a problem with that, they can huff and puff... but it aint gonna change a thing.

enjoy what you enjoy
    let others do the same.
    live and let live

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Barring injury, this team will be an absolute juggernaut by year's end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Part of the fun of these boards is to discuss what needs improvement without going over board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

lets not go overboard in trying to police anyones opinon.
    if you are "overboard" to me in your commnets, am i going to remove yoru post.
    hardly.
    as long posters aretn attacking posters, berating, profanity, etc. people are free to share whatever opinon they like

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

hardly.
    as long posters aretn attacking posters, berating, profanity, etc. people are free to share whatever opinon they like

attacking posters, berating, profanity, etc.

totally what I mean about going overboard.

I might disagree with someone, and say my point of view but I would never sink to those levels.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hardly.

I might disagree with someone, and say my point of view but I would never sink to those levels.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats the point here for all of us to express our opinions. I may not agree with everything said but it's interesting to hear other opinions and I'm certainly not going to attack someone because we don't agree lol..   This is a great forum, unlike the Espn forums that are nothing but people insulting each other. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

A bunch of people saying, "we played an awesome game, we're the greatest" isn't really much of a discussion board. 

We beat a so-so team with an overrated running back and a green-as-heck QB and/or aging backup. 

It was a great win, but don't kid yourself that we were tested against a really good team. We weren't. 

Coach BB saw a lot of things he liked and a lot of things he didn't, overall he felt it was a great win and yet he saw areas of improvement. 

I'm not clear why you think that "happy but realistic/honest" mentality is so terrible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. regarding the "spoiled" comment, are you prepared to say that a good regular season where we win more than we lose is good enough for you? 

For me, I badly want this team to solidify it's all time legacy and the last two Super Bowl losses stung a lot, even though I get why we lost. So yeah, I badly want this franchise to claim another ring and put some balm on those tough losses while cementing legacies. 

Therefore, I evaluaate the team like a Super Bowl contender. That said I saw nothing that convinced me we couldn't be a championship level team. 

I don't feel the same way about the Sox, Bruins, or Celtics, who don't have historical legacies at stake the way Brady and BB do...

You really see that as being spoiled? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

hardly.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for saying/
    im in total alignment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hardly.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats the point here for all of us to express our opinions. I may not agree with everything said but it's interesting to hear other opinions and I'm certainly not going to attack someone because we don't agree lol..   This is a great forum, unlike the Espn forums that are nothing but people insulting each other. 

[/QUOTE]

yes it is sad what level of ignorance, fear and pain some people are in. the lowest common denominator then prevails. ie disrespect and hatred for oneself and others

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

p.s. regarding the "spoiled" comment, are you prepared to say that a good regular season where we win more than we lose is good enough for you? 

For me, I badly want this team to solidify it's all time legacy and the last two Super Bowl losses stung a lot, even though I get why we lost. So yeah, I badly want this franchise to claim another ring and put some balm on those tough losses while cementing legacies. 

Therefore, I evaluaate the team like a Super Bowl contender. That said I saw nothing that convinced me we couldn't be a championship level team. 

I don't feel the same way about the Sox, Bruins, or Celtics, who don't have historical legacies at stake the way Brady and BB do...

You really see that as being spoiled? 

hey spanker,

re: " I badly want this team to solidify it's all time legacy"
    those who have not read me saying the same thing, thats where im at too.
    while i think this team has the potential, i dont think it is there as a supe bowl champion performance. so as a fan i am going to see the team as an extension of mysself (thats what being a fan is) so i am going to look at and talk about the team as if i am the gm and the head coach (as wll as a fan), and im making evaluations and observations as if i were trying to improve my team to make it the super bowl champion (many others can do the same). those who get upset and attack because they think their team is being put down and needs defending dont get it, i understand. if you want something to be good, you make improvements for it to get better. others may enjoy just saying "my team, yeah yeah! its the best'. either way its all good. aint nobody dyin, nobody being assaulted, enjoy.

my saying last year that ridley needs to be the starting back, that we need a backup te in case one of our tes goes down becasue our offense depends upon having 2 elite tes, and now, this year, saying we need better cbs if we are going to be super bowl champions, is not me hating on our team. its me voting for it to be improved so we can make a legacy no other team can match.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Very very little to complain about from this game. Doing so is simply nit picking.

Brady throws a 117, Ridley averages 6 a carry, no offensive turnovers, the D gives up 13 points, gets 2 turnovers and gives up under 300 yards. It just doesn't get much better than that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Amen!!! I personally thought we slapped the snot out of this team every way but loose. We were on the road, we have a lot of new young players at key postions,we pounded the pigskin down their throats when needed, our D scored as many TDs as the Titans O did,we held them too a paltry 1.6 ypc and just basically took them to the woodshed all day long.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol, I think most of us are really happy with what we saw yesterday but this is NE. If there is a chance for improvement someone will try to point it out. That's just how being in a sports town is. Yes there are extremes we should try to avoid but it was only Tenn so no need to wear ruby glasses or the other hand they dominanted the game so no need for sky is falling threads either

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

lol, I think most of us are really happy with what we saw yesterday but this is NE. If there is a chance for improvement someone will try to point it out. That's just how being in a sports town is. Yes there are extremes we should try to avoid but it was only Tenn so no need to wear ruby glasses or the other hand they dominanted the game so no need for sky is falling threads either

you are right. it was tenn. i have not read one "sky is falling" post since teh game.
    i think we hava a shot to get in teh super bowl. if we want to win it, especially if a team like teh packers get in, we may need to improve our cb play greatly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sorry but I have to agree with Babe and Rondo, this is nitpicking.  Some people are not even taking into account that this was the first game. 

The defensive backfield was hitting like a load of bricks, they kept everything in front of them.  Take away one bad play by Arrington on third down or that we started out the 2nd half playing a soft, prevent defense and these guys don't even score a TD. 

This performance was balanced, precise and if Lloyd and Welker didn't have opening day jitters we would have rung up two more TD's on these guys.

The sky is always falling around here, it's a by product of being a Red Sox fan, it's ingrained in the DNA.