Wozzy - Is Laura Maroney a Keeper? Is he our future? How'd he do in playoff game vs. Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Wozzy - Is Laura Maroney a Keeper? Is he our future? How'd he do in playoff game vs. Ravens?

"“He’s carried the ball plenty of times in his life,’’ said the coach. “He’s gotten a lot of reps out there on the practice field both last week and this week. I’m sure he will be ready to go. Laurence, I don’t think lacks any confidence. That’s the problem with him.’’ BB

Uncoachable? Unwilling to listen to coaching advice?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Re: Laura Maroney - Reading Between The Lines - Uncoachable?

...some user 'vik' posted on the article that the quote from BB was a misprint and he said something to the effect that "that's NOT the problem with him" - referring to Maroney.  The author of the article needs to do some proofreading.  HUGE difference in meaning there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

This teams roller-coaster ride has amazed me this year. Obviously the lackluster play at times [many Q4 losses] is a problem.

LM must feel like he has some making up to do after his fumbles. Why not give him the ball agaisnt the Ravens and see what he can do. I think Taylor is still coming back from his injury and I am wondering how effective he can be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Where is the link to said article? Who is the author? I don't trust a lot of these hacks, as they will take quotes out of context to suggest things the writer wants you to think. The only problem I see with Maroney (nowthat he's quit doing all that "dancing") is his slippery fingers! Faulk had that problem in his younger years, too. If he can cure that nasty habit of coughing it up he'll be a great weapon for the offense. That has nothing to do with coaching. I'm sure they tell him not to fumble!!! But it's fixable, so let's hope he learns quickly! If they win tomorrow they will need all the running game they can get to keep Rivers and the SD offense on the bench! I think I'd rather have them lose to the Ravens than to have to listen to Bolt here for an entire year gloating about a Chargers win next week!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think if you called him Laura to his face he would grab you by your neck and punk you like Jim Everett did to Jim Rome...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think if you called him Laura to his face he would grab you by your neck and punk you like Jim Everett did to Jim Rome...

I think Maroney would do a lot better than Everett did! Jim did partly deserve it, though. I was living out in L.A. when he played there and he would simply fall down when defenders got too close! Of course his O-line really s u c k e d, too! I don't see how one could imply that Maroney was soft, though. He has been smacking defenders in the mouth all year! If only he can cure his fumbling issue he'll be a great back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Leave it to Mighty to try and rile someone up!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Coffee almost came out of my nose on that one...

Say what you will about Maroney, but he meets with BB every week for a private film session. I have no idea what kind of movies they watch, but there's probably no rift between them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Source:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/01/09/maroney_still_holding_steady/

If it is a misprint - or was misquoted....then the writer is an idiot.

However, that being said, Maroney has said in the past that he was going to keep on running the same way and wasn't going to change for anyone...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

aaah, at least some fans still have a great sense of humor :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

I think Belichick is saying that Maroney's problem is holding on the the effing ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I think if you called him Laura to his face he would grab you by your neck and punk you like Jim Everett did to Jim Rome... " - Wozzy

-------------------------
    You're probably right.  I'll use Fumbelina instead....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When I have Maroney at my house to celebrate his Super Bowl MVP, none of you guys are invited.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"When I have Maroney at my house to celebrate his Super Bowl MVP, none of you guys are invited."

Than Mighty will be gargling his b*lls to tell him how he never doubted him for a second...

Jim Everett might have been shell shocked and with good reason, he got absolutely destroyed behind the Rams horrid offensive line and he was old by that time. 

Needless to say he was an all star QB before that and deserved better than to be insulted on national TV by chicken hawk, no athletic ability having peon like Jim Rome.  The guy never strapped on a set of shoulder pads as far as I can remember and deserved to have his head separated from his body. 

Sort of like some of the punk busters here who get brave behind the anonymity of their keyboards...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Ah, it's a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Maroney s_cks and hopefully we have a productive RB carrying the rock next year.  It took BB 4 years to dump Hobbs so this should be his last year also.

Apologists, he's the freakin 27 ranked rusher in the league.  Mindy Cohn would be more productive then him and she wouldn't fumble at the goal line costing us games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't know whether he is coachable or not but if a running back doesn't look good by the end of his second season the chances are he will never look good.I don't think you can coach natural instinct and style. I hope to see more of Fred Taylor tomorrow than anybody else.

K-Maxx, I don't know if that's a fair comparison because Mindy can't dance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He's also ranked 29th in rushing attempts per game... we've used 3 runningbacks this season to share the load.  If you're going to skew stats and blow up your font to make a point make sure you know what you're talking about. 

If you wanted to say he's fumbled the most times he has since his rookie season than you may have a point, but to say he is ranked low without considering the number of attempts he has than you have a flimsy argument.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

This isn't a fair fight, wozzy.  Defending Fumbelina is impossible.  You have a better shot at defending Wilhite

who should be benched, by the way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Okay . . .   I'm just gonna say this . . .

Natalie is pushing it.

If we had to go Facts of Life, couldn't we have at least gone Tootie?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I've said all season, through the good and bad, that Maroney was going to lead our team in rushing and possibly TD's throughout the playoffs and that his "diminished" numbers were due to opportunity and because Bill B was keeping him healthy for the playoff push... if I'm wrong we'll know soon enough and I'll be here eating crow.

He did the same to Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon in their final seasons.  If you don't think it says something that Bill B started Maroney for EVERY game this season but the one he was injured than you must know something me and Bill don't.

But if he averages close to 4-5 yards a carry and over a 100 yards per game for the playoffs, I'll expect all of you Maroney bashers to be here eating the humble pie. 

And don't say it's because Laurence is doing or playing differen't somehow either because you'd be wrong.   I won't be hiding either way...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Maroney's problems in the past has been his dancing...well..he seems to have fixed that this year - he was running fairly hard.

Now that he is running hard, he is fumbling the ball...why do we think he cannot fix that as well?

I hated his dancing and now hate his fumbling...but he did fix the earlier issue !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Sort of like some of the punk busters here who get brave behind the anonymity of their keyboards... " Wozzy

Wozzy, not sure who you are referring to....but I'm sure that she has been called much worst than "laura" and "fumbelina" or baloney maloney. I thought I was being pretty mild - just coming up with  a nickname to characterize his play. In addition, I played nothing more than pee wee and flag football....does that qualify me to "judge" or have an opinion on Laura? Does one have to be a high school player, college player, or pro level player, or Nintendo player to form an opinion - or to earn the right to ..as you say...insult a man. It wasn't long ago that Parcells referred to Glenn as "she".

On the same line of thought....I guess people in the forum can only post stuff....if let's say they have over 3560 previous posts?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I've said all season, through the good and bad, that Maroney was going to lead our team in rushing and possibly TD's throughout the playoffs and that his "diminished" numbers were due to opportunity and because Bill B was keeping him healthy for the playoff push... if I'm wrong we'll know soon enough and I'll be here eating crow.

He did the same to Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon in their final seasons.  If you don't think it says something that Bill B started Maroney for EVERY game this season but the one he was injured than you must know something me and Bill don't.

But if he averages close to 4-5 yards a carry and over a 100 yards per game for the playoffs, I'll expect all of you Maroney bashers to be here eating the humble pie. 

And don't say it's because Laurence is doing or playing differen't somehow either because you'd be wrong.   I won't be hiding either way...
    "
    I would hardly argue with you that the Patriots will do well if they can gain 100 yards AND have their passing game on. Statistically, the Patriots have a pretty good record when they have over 100 yards rushing in the game (regardless of who got the carries).

Plus, when a team only has 2 RBs on the active roster who aren't injured...you have a 50% chance in getting it right when saying that Maroney was going to be a "leader" the rest of the way. Does that actually make you a better prognosticator than the average joe? My odds would have been the same had I tossed a coin and said - If I get heads....Maroney will be the leader the rest of the season....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Okay . . .   I'm just gonna say this . . .

Natalie is pushing it.

If we had to go Facts of Life, couldn't we have at least gone Tootie? " - PMike

lmao....okay, okay....no more name calling