WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

With the news that Brandon Marshall had Hip surgery recently and Santonio Holmes will be on the sidelines for 4 games, I'm gonna have to say that even without Wes Welker the Patriots have the top receiving corps in the AFC east.The Jests now have Braylon Edwards as their top WR,The Fish have Devon Bess as their top WR,the Patriots have two future HOF'ers in Holt and Moss,Buffalo has Evans....I'm just guessing that this isn't even a close call..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

fix your headline, it dont make sense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

well they still have to play and it looks like everyone is steping up their game. If the Pats had Welker our WR core would be clearly better. Our new rookie TE's, if effective, can help make our WR's look better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!:
    well they still have to play and it looks like everyone is steping up their game. If the Pats had Welker our WR core would be clearly better. Our new rookie TE's, if effective, can help make our WR's look better.
    Posted by freediro
    I was just refering to the wide receivers but when you add in the rookie TE's and Receivers it's not even close,don't be surprised if the Patriots use Hernandez as a wideout on occasion he has the skillset to play the WR position as well as TE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No one in the AFC East has an elite WR corps, but the Pats have the best. Colts have the best in the NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Colts use to have the most tallented but not anymore. Still top 5 but not the most any more.
    As for the Patriots I think they could be best overall if Holt is just as good as he showed last year. With Moss across from him he will be open more, and then on top of that if you look at Price and his potential and Welker coming back mid season or so and the TE's Hernandez in particular though Gronk could be a huge red zone threat as well as Crumpler.
    Our Passing game could rival 2007. All we need is a running game that keeps defenses honest and can run the clock towards the end of games. I think with Crumpler we might just have enough of a running game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Tory Holt is the X- Factor for the Pats. I have a read a lot of people that think he's over the hill but I believe he still has  a few years left of good productivity. If any of the great wide receivers had to go play for the Jags their numbers would decrease also. This guy is going to make believers out of everyone by the time The preseason is over and then we'll be looking at Moss, Holt, Edelman and our TE's with Welker coming back in good time. This area isn't a concern for me at all. On offense I worry about our line and about keeping our RB's(Morris and Taylor) Healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : The Colts have the most elite WRs in the league? Five years ago I might have agreed, but right now? What about New Orleans? Dallas? Baltimore even? All of these teams have the better, proven WRs on the depth chart. With Wes healthy I would put Pats ahead of Colts as well. Now this doesn't mean these teams automatically have a better passing attack, but if you were building your own team and could choose any of the WR corps from any of the 5 teams named, Colts would definitely not be your first choice.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

You just did an entire post about rookies having to prove themselves, then you say Dallas has a top 5 WR unit? I'm assuming you are counting Dez Bryant into the equation because Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton are average WRs. Miles Austin showed promise last year, but he isn't one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL. 

On Baltimore, I say no, Mason and Boldin are both possession receivers. Neither will stretch the field. I wouldn't put Baltimore ahead of any elite WR corps, like the Colts, Saints, Pats, Packers or Chargers. 

On to the Pats, NO, Wes Welker will never be the Wes people remember. Count him out off all future games as a Pat. Edelman will be there to take his place. 

On NO, not better than the Colts, either. They have good WRs, but after Colston, none of their WRs are elite. Henderson and Meachem are both products of their QB. 

The Colts have, and will have until Clark retires, the best WR/TE combination in football in Wayne and Clark. People don't know his name, but Collie was the second best WR in his draft class. And Garcon, although he doesn't have the hands that Marvin Harrison had, can stretch the field as well as Marvin could. The Colts have the best, IMHO. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Gronkowski and Hernandez can be as productive as they were in college, the Pats will have an outstanding receiving unit. But, if you could win Superbowls on ifs and buts, the Colts would have 10 this decade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think you also have to factor into the equation, who is throwing to the best WR corps in the AFC or league for that matter. If you consider Brady combined with his multiple proven and unproven WR's/TE's, clearly the Pats have the best passing attack in the AFC East. Probably top 3-4 in the league. 

Although Miami has a top 3 WR in the league and the Jets possibly have 2 pro-bowlers, each have inferior QB's that are throwing to them. Inferior to Brady that is. So, Pats come out on top in the AFC east in terms of passing attack. 

To carry it further, I guess you also have to consider who the various passing attacks will be lined up against in terms of secondaries. I would put the Jets ahead in the secondary category, with Pats #2, Fins 3, Bills 4. So if you consider who the various passing attacks would be lined up against in terms of competition, I still have the Pats coming out ahead, with Jets 2, Fins 3, Bills 4. 

Pats win AFC east in terms of passing attacks. Jets 2, Fins 3, Bills 4. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Randy Moss, Tory Holt, and Alge Crumpler. Two rookie tight ends with a ton of potential, Edelman holding down the fort until Welker returns. Brandon Tate... Sleepless nights for opposing DCs to be sure. Who has the best receivers in the AFC East? What ever corp Brady is throwing to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

i think Bess is much better then Edwards, stone hands ed cant catch a cold whereas devon catchs everything, were still number 1 but ur giving the jests too much

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Jerricho Cotchery is a better receiver than Edwards. These are my rankings:

1. Randy Moss
    2. Brandon Marshall
    3. Lee Evans
    4a. Jerricho Cotchery
    4b. Santonio Holmes
    6. Wes Welker
    7. Davone Bess
    8. Braylon Edwards
    9. Torry Holt
    10. Greg Camarillo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

How can you put Evans, Cotchery and Holmes above Welker? In Welker's current state, yes, I would agree. But assuming Welker is healthy and can play come mid-season, He is easily #3 on this list. Look at the last 2 years and tell me what WR has had more catches and yards than Wes. 

I would redo the list accordingly
    1. Moss
    2. Marshall
    3. Welker
    4. Holmes
    5. Evans
    6. Edwards
    7. Cothcery
    8. Holt
    9. Bess
    10. Camarillo

I think 5-9 is tough to rank. I still think Holt has a lot left and is better than Bess, Cotchery, Camarillo, Edwards and Evans. I put him at 8 because I don't know how he will do in our system. But based on pure skill and route running ability, he is as precise as they come. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

LMAO. This thread reminds me of that SNL skit where Norm from cheers, dan acroyd and a couple of other bat fasturds sit around and debate issues.  Of course the answer is always Da Berrs.  or Ditka.  Who has the best receivers? Da Pats. Reality is coming, faster than you think.  The Jets have got the answers to all of your questions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Care to elaborate on "reality is coming faster than you think", and "The Jets have got the answers to all your questions"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Moss will be held in check, again, by revis this year and as for holt.  I thought he was coaching last year.  did he unretire?  Welker was great, we will have to see how he comes back from knee surg.  And before you start the whole Revis had deep help when he covered moss last year.  that was excuses from moss on why he was shut down.  Revis hardly ever had help last year because we sent so many after the QB, especially Brady.  It kind of came out that if you get enough hits on Brady he gets a little nervous.  I expect more of the same this year except with more hits on him.  The Jets defense will handle your offense.  I see a sweep this year as we split with you last year and we will have improved many areas of this years team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Jerricho Cotchery is a better receiver than Edwards. These are my rankings: 1. Randy Moss 2. Brandon Marshall 3. Lee Evans 4a. Jerricho Cotchery 4b. Santonio Holmes 6. Wes Welker 7. Davone Bess 8. Braylon Edwards 9. Torry Holt 10. Greg Camarillo
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick

id say that is pretty damn fair from where im standing as a phins fan...and i saw that brandon marshall was riding the bike and catching passes yesterday...so im guessing the hip surgery wont be much of a bother

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I am surprised you take my trio of Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery so lightly.  I guess it depends on who is trying to cover them as well...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

i f the Jets d is so great why were they a 500 team last year. Didn't revis get torched by the dolphins. I think ur way overrating the Jets this year. Of course what would expect from a TROLL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!:
    With the news that Brandon Marshall had Hip surgery recently and Santonio Holmes will be on the sidelines for 4 games, I'm gonna have to say that even without Wes Welker the Patriots have the top receiving corps in the AFC east.The Jests now have Braylon Edwards as their top WR,The Fish have Devon Bess as their top WR,the Patriots have two future HOF'ers in Holt and Moss,Buffalo has Evans....I'm just guessing that this isn't even a close call..
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Holt will probably be a #3 receiver in September but by November he'll be shoved back to maybe #4 or #5.  Moss is still Moss.  Edelman will blossom in September of his second year as receivers do, and Welker is giving recent signs that he'll be on the field early, not in November.  If Brandon Tate has two good knees he is likely to beat out Holt.  Price is a shot to beat out Holt by November -- he has the tools. 

Worse for Holt, Brady is going to want to spread the ball around to Gronk and the H in H-back is for Hernandez, impersonating Dallas Clark. 

Holt is ok but he'll be lucky to catch 30 passes in the crush.

Now, what was the original question?  Oh!  Patriots first, none second.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

My expectation is that Gronkowski has a slow rookie season in terms of production. I think Hernandez will be one of the most reliable targets on the team next year and Alge Crumpler will make some good plays on some pretty crucial downs. Torry Holt will contribute and be a very solid compliment to the offense with his precise route running. I like him to start more than I do Brandon Tate or Taylor Price. Tate strikes me as a "big play" guy used on end-arounds, a couple exotic routes, some play action, punt returns, that kind of stuff. Kind of like a Percy Harvin type of receiver. Taylor Price, in my estimation, will be lucky to see the field very often, and if he does, it'll be either because he was a huge, huge steal in the draft and developed really quickly or because there are injuries to other players at his position and he becomes one of the remaining options. Randy Moss will be dirty as usual and Wes Welker I don't expect a whole lot from so anything he can do will be a bonus and if he stays healthy and plays like he's healthy then I'll be very impressed and very encouraged about the future moving forward. Julian Edelman strikes me as a special teams DEMON on returns and of course he has a wild skill set to play basically any receiver position that the team asks him to play. Oh yeah, and then there's that Brady guy...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The main reason why I had the Patriots with the best WR group was because both Marshall and Holmes can't be counted on from jump street,one is under a 4 game suspension and the other okie doked his new boss and had surgery on his right hip right after he was signed and probably won't be ready for the opening game of the season. Edwards is an enigma who is a wishy washy receiver,Evans is probably an elite receiver but who is going to throw him the ball,the same holds true for any of the Jets receivers cause believe what you want but Sanchez ain't all that...With Welker probably starting on the pup,Holt will be the most important offseason acquisition,if he adapts to what the Patriots need from him this offense will be vastly improved. Holt's ability allows Edelman a chance to grow at his own pace. For the moronic Jests fans who think that their team improved,they haven't.Also we know that there won't be any deep help this year because the Jets let their deep safety leave,so lets see how the great Revis does when the island is all his....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'll say it's getting closer but you also need to account for who's throwing the passes. So my take is the following:

1. Pats - WR (Moss, Edlemann (1st half #2), Welker (2nd half #2), Holt, Price, Tate)
                 TE (Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez)

2. Dolphins - WR (Marshall, Bess, Hartline, Camarillo)
                      TE (Fasano, Haynos)

3. Jets - WR (Holmes (misses first 4 games), Edwards, Cotchery, Clowney, Smith)
                 TE (Keller, Hartstock)

4. Bills - WR (Evans, Spiller, Hardy, Parrish)
                TE (Nelson, Schomann, Stupar)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

posted at 5/20/2010 3:23 PM EDT whodeawhodat Posts: 34 First: 5/6/2010 Last: 5/20/2010 I am surprised you take my trio of Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery so lightly. I guess it depends on who is trying to cover them as well. Why the hard sell on a Patriots forum? Are you trying to convert us? Enjoy your band of outcasts and enjoy 7-9. Let me guess, no one acknowledges you on jests.com.