WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!:
    posted at 5/20/2010 3:23 PM EDT whodeawhodat Posts: 34 First: 5/6/2010 Last: 5/20/2010 I am surprised you take my trio of Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery so lightly. I guess it depends on who is trying to cover them as well. Why the hard sell on a Patriots forum? Are you trying to convert us? Enjoy your band of outcasts and enjoy 7-9. Let me guess, no one acknowledges you on jests.com.
    Posted by BigPapi61
    No Patriots fan worth his salt would be swayed by what a Jests fan thinks. I'll take any three WR's and tom brady over whatever the Jets have and Sanchez,and I'll top it off with it ain't even close!!!!!!!!The Jets have won exactly what in the last 41 years? NOTHING

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

1. Marshall
    2. Moss
    3. Welker
    4. Holmes
    5. Evans
    6. Edwards
    7. Bess
    8. Cothcery
    9. Camarillo
    10. Holt

Let's not forget that Camarillo was 1st in the NFL last year for least amount of drops, his total drops for the season ZERO. I put Marshall in front of Moss because Moss is not the elite player he once was. He is still a top 15 receiver in the league but Marshall is top 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

You are informed, articulate, and seem to know football. Why are you here? Your team has a webpage. The nice people on this forum deal with this, especially before a game. They smile and nod all week. On Sunday your team loses and we deal with the next batch of trolls. Wouldn't it be more fun to hang with people who subscibe to your ridiculous ramblings?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

1. Marshall 2. Moss 3. Welker 4. Holmes 5. Evans 6. Edwards 7. Bess 8. Cothcery 9. Camarillo 10. Holt Let's not forget that Camarillo was 1st in the NFL last year for least amount of drops, his total drops for the season ZERO. I put Marshall in front of Moss because Moss is not the elite player he once was. He is still a top 15 receiver in the league but Marshall is top 5.
    Posted by 305PhinPhan
    Well if you want to go on pure numbers and rank the players then the leading receiver would be Wes Welker. He has led the NFL for the last 3 season in total receptions,and last year was no different! 123 catches to Marshalls 115. Oh and don't count Wes Welker out so soon,he's liable to fool everyone again!! What does the rest of the AFC East do if the magical midget starts from day one????? With all the added weapons there is no defense stopping the Patriots regardless of Revis or any other DB in this division. Holt caught 50 balls from argueably the worst passing QB in the league now that
    Russell is out of work... Just think of how many balls he can catch in an actual passing offense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

Ok and Marshall caught over 100 passes from KYLE ORTON! Welker and Moss have one of the best, if not the best QB in the NFL throwing to them. What kind of stats do you think Marshall would put up with Brady at the helm? I bet it is a huge differance from what he did with Orton. Moss is not what he used to be, that's not talking crap about him, he's past his prime. Yes, he's still a good receiver but Marhsall this point in his carrer is better than Moss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

I guess the point being is Brady made Branch and Patten look like pro bowlers And phinphan sorry for being so surly. My son just signed Army infantry, so i'm in a @#$% mood

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Moss is the best island receiver on one side as he can burn any single coverage, Welker is the best slot receiver in the league and Edelman is a solid replacement until he comes back, Holt is now a solid addition to the other side, Tate and Price provide solid depth so I dont see how anyone in the East is any better off...?  At the end of the day Tom Brady is throwing to them so that spells doom for the rest of the conference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ok and Marshall caught over 100 passes from KYLE ORTON! Welker and Moss have one of the best, if not the best QB in the NFL throwing to them. What kind of stats do you think Marshall would put up with Brady at the helm? I bet it is a huge differance from what he did with Orton. Moss is not what he used to be, that's not talking crap about him, he's past his prime. Yes, he's still a good receiver but Marhsall this point in his carrer is better than Moss.
    Posted by 305PhinPhan
    With that as your basis of arguement then you are putting Henne in the Brady class! Which is preposterous! Henne has only one thing in common with Brady,they attended the same University. Marshall had culter for 2 years before that and still didn't come close to Welker! But i'll save my arguement for a more suitable case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

russ, it was a different hip and if he was riding the bike and catching footballs yesterday, one might just think he is going to be fine

besides...the phins have always had an excellent training staff, so im sure they wouldnt have traded for him and signed to the biggest deal ever if they didnt think he was ok

but then again, what do NFL trainers know over you? i mean they, are paid by an NFL and you post garbage for free...i wonder who is more qualified? hmmmmm....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

It'll be 2011 before Welker regains his form, that's why Pats have added so much receiving help this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

@BigPapi61

It's ok. Very understandable I would be pretty upset myself. I wish him luck and will keep him in my prayers.

@sportsbozo1

I never once mentioned Henne as being in the same class as Brady. I put Brady in a class of his own by saying he is one of the best if not the best. The point I was trying to get across is if you take those same players Moss & Marshall and put them in the opposite situation from what they were in; Orton to Moss & Brady to Marshall I would bet anything that you would see a huge number difference that what we saw from them this past season. Moss was the best for many years but he is not the player he once was, it's understandable players lose a step when they get older. Moss is still one of the best in the buisness even with his age but as I stated before as of right now which is what the post was based on Marshall is better than Moss. There are so many factors that goes into any players stats which is why I say stats are very deceiving but if you look at game film last year between Moss and Marshall I think it is pretty unarguable who was better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

"Revis hardly ever had help last year" - whodeawhodat So I am a total dork about defense since I am a DC for my local high school and have always loved D more then anything teh game has to offer. With that said I have watched the tape from a lot of Jets games last year and you are full of sh*t. Revis might not have had help on every play the way some might suggest but he had help on at least 85 to 90% of his plays. You need to stop buying what your fat a ss coach is selling and WATCH THE TAPE. He had help just like any other #1 CB in the NFL so get over yourself. WATCH THE TAPE
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

You mad bro?

I may not be a self proclaimed defensive genius like you but I saw a whole lot of blitzes from my defense last year so that would tell me that we could not double any WR on most pass plays.  Maybe you should change your name form MVP to MiniBB, lol.  You guys are talking about Rhodes saving Revis?  Let me save you some trouble, Rhodes was the weak link on our defense and he was kicked to the curb.  I viewed it as playing defense with 10 players.

You guys are taking the Jets too lightly.  I know that you think this year will be like most recent years but we are a different team.  You will see.  Someone called my team a .500 team.  That's pretty pathetic that you cant give us respect for making it to the AFC Championship game with a rookie QB and a rookie HC. I think Sanchez will look more like the playoff QB than the QB that threw 5 picks vs Buff.  The only thing that we were .500 was against your team...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

russ, it was a different hip and if he was riding the bike and catching footballs yesterday, one might just think he is going to be fine besides...the phins have always had an excellent training staff, so im sure they wouldnt have traded for him and signed to the biggest deal ever if they didnt think he was ok but then again, what do NFL trainers know over you? i mean they, are paid by an NFL and you post garbage for free...i wonder who is more qualified? hmmmmm....
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0
    He was riding a bike but he wasn't running routes while catching passes he was stationary,just so you know I can catch a pass so long as I don't have to run a route...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Ok, so he has two bad hips though. That's still not a good thing. Also, Miami did not know about the surgery.  Again, not a good thing if you are a Dolphins fan. You overpaid, but you may have REALLY overpaid now. I am not saying I know more than a trainer, but how is this a good thing? The dude is coming off back to back HIP surgeries, is already a woman beater, might be bi-polar and is now with a new QB trying to learn new plays on S. Beach? Not really an under the radar way of coming into a new environment, is it? Also, how is stating facts with an opinion on top of it, "garbage"?  "Riding the bike" and being hit is not the same thing, professor. Yes, I wish Randy Moss had two bad hips. lol I am sure NE's Safeties are looking forward to laying one on him.
    Posted by russgriswold

How can you say that Miami overpaid for Marshall? My personal opinion which a lot of fans would agree the top three receivers in the league are Fitzgerald (who makes more than Marshall) Andre Johnson (who wants a new contract now that will be more than Marshalls) and Brandon Marshall himself. The surgery he had this off season was clean up work it was/is nothing serious. I was a ortho tech for many years and I can tell you from past experiences that the procedure is very minor. The reason why he was on a bike is because if you had a investment like that would you want to risk anything for ota? I know I wouldn't. As far as calling him a woman beater and bi polar that is just an ignorant post. He was never found guilty of any of those charges and that is one great thing about this beautiful country we live in. You are innocent until proven guilty, he was found not guilty so to call him a wife beater is absurd. Did you ever think for one second that she might be the one that is bi polar and made that stuff up? I mean if you are going to accuse people why Marshall? Marshall had a more serious surgery on his hip last year and still managed to have a season that a lot of receivers in the league would die for. Maybe you want Marshall to fail that's why you are bashing him and talking crap. The question you need to ask yourself is if the Pats would have traded for him would you still be posting these ignorant posts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

"Revis hardly ever had help last year" - whodeawhodat So I am a total dork about defense since I am a DC for my local high school and have always loved D more then anything teh game has to offer. With that said I have watched the tape from a lot of Jets games last year and you are full of sh*t. Revis might not have had help on every play the way some might suggest but he had help on at least 85 to 90% of his plays. You need to stop buying what your fat a ss coach is selling and WATCH THE TAPE. He had help just like any other #1 CB in the NFL so get over yourself. WATCH THE TAPE
    Posted by MVPKilla2009
    MVPkilla these moronic Jests fans believe that Sanchez is a pro bowl QB why wouldn't they believe that Revis was in man coverage for every minute of every game the fat guy told them thats what he played,when in fact they were in a cover two defense which cuts the defense in quarters but hey what do I know I only watch Tampa bay games every weekend by force! so I definately wouldn't know what a cover two looks like....The Fat guy does a good job of peddling his BS.... I can't hardly wait for the season to start as Rhodes isn't going to be there this year and that can only mean trouble for Revis. also for the Jets fan Fat man told you that Rhoades was the weak link only because he signed elsewhere's..Geez don't fall for all the c rap he spews! Thank god BB doesn't try to tell a story every time he's asked a question,in fact his silence is appreciated. Well phinphan unless I misunderstood you,you were implying based upon Marshall's past success with his past QB that he'll be equally as successful as Moss is with Brady while he's a member of the fish with Henne as his QB. Also here's a news flash for both fans of the Jests and phins nothing has changed and the division is still the Patriots until someone knocks them off,and you can expect Moss to play his a ss off this season as he's in a contract year and he's healthy again,he did play most of last year with shoulder problems.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

@whodeawhodat

Sorry but I don't think the Jets will make the playoffs this year. One thing you have to remember as a Jet fan is that everyone else in the division is trying to catch the Pats. They are the division champs, not the Dolphins, Jets, or Bills. The Dolphins also swept the Jets last year so really the Jets need to catch up to two teams. I think that the upgrades you guys made this year are actually downgrades but who am I, just a guy with a opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

based on last years stats
    1.)welker
    2.)Marshall
    3.)Moss
    4.)holmes
    5.)bess
    6.)Cotchery
    7.)holt
    8.)evans
    9.)edelman
    10.)edwards

Marshall and moss should move up due to welkers knee, holmes moves down after going from ben to dirty sanchez, Holt moves up now that hes with brady, evans moves up now that to is gone.

so my list looks like:
    1.)Moss
    2.)Marshal
    3.)welker
    4.)Bess
    5.)Evans
    6.)Holt
    7.)Holmes
    8.)Cotchery
    9.)Edelman
    10.)Edwards

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Ok, so he has two bad hips though. That's still not a good thing. Also, Miami did not know about the surgery.  Again, not a good thing if you are a Dolphins fan. You overpaid, but you may have REALLY overpaid now. I am not saying I know more than a trainer, but how is this a good thing? The dude is coming off back to back HIP surgeries, is already a woman beater, might be bi-polar and is now with a new QB trying to learn new plays on S. Beach? Not really an under the radar way of coming into a new environment, is it? Also, how is stating facts with an opinion on top of it, "garbage"?  "Riding the bike" and being hit is not the same thing, professor. Yes, I wish Randy Moss had two bad hips. lol I am sure NE's Safeties are looking forward to laying one on him.
    Posted by russgriswold

you are making alot of assumptions there chief...

and he was great with kyle orton as his QB...so im sure he and henne will gel fine

and i believe its a while until there is a game no? i think he has some time to get the hip right eh? and its not like they were major surgeries or a hip got replaced or anything

and what you post is garbage because you show no respect for other teams and everything is a pro-pats slant...everything

if marshall went to the pats you wouldnt be so harsh in your evaluation and dont try to spin it

and about your safeties? well when marshall is running through the defensive backfield because the pats had ZERO pass rush, who will be crying then? not me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Whoa!!! Kerry Rhodes was a probowler before he signed the fat contract.  After he was more interested in acting.  He was in there because he could play football if he wanted to but in the end he could not just turn it on and off and he was just soft.  That is not the way I would describe anyone else on the team.

I whole heartedly disagree on your view of Sanchez.  He was a rookie.  Look at other great QBs rookie year.  I watched the games and I saw plenty in his play that says he will be great, not just good.  I saw alot of the same things from Eli in his rookie year with the Giants.  You just look for that spark and then you have to give them time and experience to be consistent.  I chalk up the pats fans evaluation of him as you guys being scared as you should be.  your dynasty is over.  we have the young nucleus, you have the old has beens.  Before you start talking about how the Jets are going to sign all of their players in 2012, lets worry about this year first.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

@ whodeawhodat Sorry but I don't think the Jets will make the playoffs this year. One thing you have to remember as a Jet fan is that everyone else in the division is trying to catch the Pats. They are the division champs, not the Dolphins, Jets, or Bills. The Dolphins also swept the Jets last year so really the Jets need to catch up to two teams. I think that the upgrades you guys made this year are actually downgrades but who am I, just a guy with a opinion.
    Posted by 305PhinPhan

You are on my list fish face!!!!  I dont know how the hell we forgot to play the wildcat but that was the most frustrating game of last season for me...This year we will sweep you guys even though you added one of the best receivers in the league.  We added a couple of great corners.  These patsy fans who have Marshall rated anything lower than #1 on the list of WR in the AFC east are borderline retarded or just refuse to acknowledge that other teams went out and upgraded while they sat back with their 6 seventh round draft choices.  Season will be here before you know it and last year will be in the distant past.  I feel good about the Jets, I am not worried about the fish or the patsies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : How about I tell you WHY Denver got rid of him and why NE would HAVE NEVER TRADED for him? How about that? That might be a lot easier. Comparing incredible character guys like Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson to Marshall is a joke. This is the key here: CHARACTER Marshall might need a pshychiatrist. One week he's complaining and the next he's hugging his coach on the podium.  He's a wife beater, didn't he get a DUI at one point too? He's essentially another version of Terrell Owens who may bring more baggage than 100 reception 12 TD seasons. NOT WORTH THE RISK.  You feel he is, I feel he isn't. Hence, why you'll never see BB take a character risk in the 1st rd or trade for one.  Dez Bryant was never on the radar here for the same reason. The only reason why people like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss came here is because they were viewed as malcontents who loved the game, and could be had for pennies on the dollar. Brandon Marshall, wanted out of a team that has a lot of nice talent, plenty of upside and one that is rebuilding in the right direction. What if he got dealt to a team in worse position than Miami?  He probably would have enjoyed that as much. The guy is an all world talent, but the risk is very large.
    Posted by russgriswold

Marshall was accused of beating his girlfriend. He went to court and it was thrown out. That's why HE LEFT HER, she was the one that kept coming after him. He is now married to someone other than the woman that ACCUSED him of something the court found to be untrue. You are saying that Moss has love for the game and Marshall does not? Is that why Marshall has had three straight 100 rec seasons? Wow I guess is he ever starts to love the game he will put up unbelievable stats. Marshall is in the same class as Fitz and Johnson talent wise and all of these character concerns you have for Marshall are absurd.
     It's kinda funny that Cutler pushed his way out of Denver and there have been numerous players to question McDaniels but you fail to mention any of them. Last time I checked Denver was a long way away of heading in the right direction. Miami is a lot closer than Denver is at this point. You act like Denver is the ones who wanted Marshall gone, that obviously was not the case. Marshall wanted out of Denver! You can keep questioning Marshall all you want but bottom line is he is one of the best in the league right now and you have not said one thing that proves otherwise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

Why would Marshall want out of Denver?  $$. I don't know what it is about fans in this division.  They just don't get it.  They just don't. They think that the salary cap is irrelevant and you can pay anyone what you want, when you want. Enjoy!
    Posted by russgriswold

Who does Miami have on the roster besides Dansby, Long, and Marshall making a lot of money? The cap is irrelevant when you are under it. Marshall wanted out of Denver the same reason why Cutler did JOSH MCDANIELS! I think you're the one who doesn't get it! Beleive me I will enjoy, enjoy Henne to Marshall for many years to come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Moss > Marshall

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

Hey fish fan you do realize the reason Marshall wanted out of Denver is because he was too dumb to learn the playbook all the way through and he didnt like the hard work team first scheme that McDanials was pushing on them? Does that sound like a guy who loves the game? He didnt want to put the work in, he wanted a coach who would let him do what he wanted. And he didnt get that cause the coaches in Miami are top of the line and wont let him slide and I am sure their playbook is not easy either so i fully expect for Marshall to start acting out in practice the same way he did in Denver. He wants to play for a team that will dumb down its offense and let him do what he wants when he wants whether it hurts the team or not and he wont find that in Miami or in Denver. Will he be a good player stat wise? yes he will but sadly stats dont really translate whether a guy has love for the game or just wants to get paid so your argument that because he has had 3 100 plus rec. yards seasons that that some how means he has love for the game is BS. Stats dont tell you if they have love for the game you learn that from watching. Tedy Bruschi had love for the game, he took small contracts to play for good teams, Tom brady has love for the game, money is not his top priority the game is. Thats how you know if someone loves the game, and im not just talking money i am saying that those guys clearly had love for the game and you cant say that for Marshall.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I have never heard that Marshall was too stupid to learn the playbook, that is news to me. How does someone put up the numbers Marshall has done in the past and is too stupid to know the playbook? The thing about Marshall is he is one of the best blocking WR in the league as well and I'm sure you already know about his YAC ability. Someone that doesn't have love for the game will tend to slack off on plays, does not attept to block on run plays, and will try to go out of bounds or fall to the ground. Marshall does none of that, none of his past teammates or coaches have ever accused him of the allegations you are bringing up. Do you personally know Marshall and have all of this insight that people around him do not? I know Moss has been questioned on if he takes plays off and his dedication at times but I have never heard that about Marshall. Only time will tell but I have a good feeling that Marshall is going to do great things in Miami  and he has plenty of years to do it. One of the best in the game and he turned 26 this year. I'm not worried as a Miami fan so why is there all of this concern about him from some Pat and Jets fans?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Brandon marshall is a possession receiver!!! he's a bigger wes welker... yes he has caught a 100 balls the past 3 years but moss has caught 47 Tds compared to 23 by marshall 23 Tds in 3 years.... moss caught that much in one season with a healthy brady... you can argue that in the past 3 years moss has had a better Qb than marshall only once(2007) when marshall was playing with cutler moss had cassell when he was playing with orton moss had an indecisive and innacurate brady coming off a devastating injury and left alot of TDs on the field.... even at an "advanced" age moss is still king amongst WRs.... 47 TDs in 3 years!!!! the only person close is Larry fitzgerald with 35 that's a 12 TD difference!!!