WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!:

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : actually david gerrard is pretty good and i believe he has played in a pro bowl before and i wouldnt count on moss's stats being better this year or any year going forward...the pats still didnt address the pass rush and their offensive line play, as far as blocking for brady was less than stellar last year meaning the pats could either not be able to stop passing offenses or keep brady's jersey clean...id be worried if i like the pats even remotely
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

the Pats didn't address the pass protection?  Didn't they just get 2 blocking TE's and now the whole line is healthy and they added a C and T in the draft.

Let me ask you If Henne got sacked 26 times and Miami didn't improve their O-Line, then how will Marshall have a good year?  Brady was only sacked 16 times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : actually david gerrard is pretty good and i believe he has played in a pro bowl before and i wouldnt count on moss's stats being better this year or any year going forward...the pats still didnt address the pass rush and their offensive line play, as far as blocking for brady was less than stellar last year meaning the pats could either not be able to stop passing offenses or keep brady's jersey clean...id be worried if i like the pats even remotely
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Gerrard was very close to being released last year....he had a 83% QB Rating, 15TD.....that is in his second year as a full time starter....and he is 32 years old!  He played in the probowl because Brady and Rivers were hurt and Manning bowed out.  he was the third QB behind Schaub and Vince Young.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : the Pats didn't address the pass protection?  Didn't they just get 2 blocking TE's and now the whole line is healthy and they added a C and T in the draft. Let me ask you If Henne got sacked 26 times and Miami didn't improve their O-Line, then how will Marshall have a good year?  Brady was only sacked 16 times.
    Posted by m1021us

the pats added two blocking TE's? i know they added crumpler but the other 2 are both pass catchers by nature

and henne held the ball for a long time last because caramillo, hartlins, and bess couldnt get open fast enough(which was especially a problem after ronnie went down)

but it wasnt the sack total that i judge my total by...henne took a couple of big hits, but nothing like how brady got pounded because at least henne had the benefit of a running game and creative play calling, not a WR screen to welker every single play

marshall will have a good year because IMO, henne is better than cutler and orton and has a better running game than both those broncos teams

oh and by the way, you can put me in the camp of people who believe the pats have the best WR corps in the division...i just believe marshall will have a big year...fair enough?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Exactly...but mdummy doesn't listen to anything within reason. The king Ignoramous. I really can't waite til the season starts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

M, i never said gerrard was a sure fire, hall of famer or anything...but he isnt that bad and the offensive line play in jacksonville has been awful for the last 2 years since the shooting of one of their players

not to give gerrard a line of excuses...but unless your O-line protects you...you dont have a chance no matter if your name is manning, marino, or joe schmoe from idaho

plus...i cant name one WR that plays for the jags...which certainly didnt help gerrard either...but he isnt a bad player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : the pats added two blocking TE's? i know they added crumpler but the other 2 are both pass catchers by nature and henne held the ball for a long time last because caramillo, hartlins, and bess couldnt get open fast enough(which was especially a problem after ronnie went down) but it wasnt the sack total that i judge my total by...henne took a couple of big hits, but nothing like how brady got pounded because at least henne had the benefit of a running game and creative play calling, not a WR screen to welker every single play marshall will have a good year because IMO, henne is better than cutler and orton and has a better running game than both those broncos teams oh and by the way, you can put me in the camp of people who believe the pats have the best WR corps in the division...i just believe marshall will have a big year...fair enough?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I don't think that Henne is better than Cutler.....Henne is a better teammate and person than Cutler and I would rather have Henne on my team than Cutler.

hernandez and Gronkowski are both pass catchers, but they are decent blockers as well.  Alge is a really good blocker....

Brady didn't get pounded as bad as you think that he did.....we were battling with injuries at RB and our O-line....and everyone is reported in as healthy.  Besides, be didn't have a #2 WR last year to take the pressure off of Moss....now we have many other options like any of our 3 TE's, Holt, Price or Tate.....Moss will be better (or the same) next year....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Exactly...but mdummy doesn't listen to anything within reason. The king Ignoramous. I really can't waite til the season starts.
    Posted by perfect72

When you post dumb BS, there is no reasoning with that.....keep trying TROLL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

M, i never said gerrard was a sure fire, hall of famer or anything...but he isnt that bad and the offensive line play in jacksonville has been awful for the last 2 years since the shooting of one of their players not to give gerrard a line of excuses...but unless your O-line protects you...you dont have a chance no matter if your name is manning, marino, or joe schmoe from idaho plus...i cant name one WR that plays for the jags...which certainly didnt help gerrard either...but he isnt a bad player
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Then you have help prove my case about Holt not playing well in Jax......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : I don't think that Henne is better than Cutler.....Henne is a better teammate and person than Cutler and I would rather have Henne on my team than Cutler. hernandez and Gronkowski are both pass catchers, but they are decent blockers as well.  Alge is a really good blocker.... Brady didn't get pounded as bad as you think that he did.....we were battling with injuries at RB and our O-line....and everyone is reported in as healthy.  Besides, be didn't have a #2 WR last year to take the pressure off of Moss....now we have many other options like any of our 3 TE's, Holt, Price or Tate.....Moss will be better (or the same) next year....
    Posted by m1021us

ok...ill start with henne

right now, he is a better person and a better QB than cutler...if anything, just look at the INT's cutler throws...and with the weapons chicago had surrounded cutler with, he was an absolute failure last year with a regression in his production

could he get better? yeah probably...will he? im not so sure...he plays like brett favre without the passion but the same, gun slinging, i can fit a football into a quarter inch hole mentality

henne...is...errr...for the lack of a better word...more brady-ish...in that he sees the field well and doesnt make very many mistakes...and they both went to michigan...but until henne does more thats where ill leave that comparison

decent blockers at TE are WR's that are too fat/slow and cant get open on a corner...relying on these guys to make your offense move is a scary proposition, but then again...i dont trust rookies and BB doesnt really either...so while they could open up the pats offense...i wouldnt count on it either

and no #2 WR to take the pressure off moss? hello? you had welker until the last week of the season and played him a game that meant NOTHING...im sorry but i just cant see the pats being very different on offense...last year's WR screen to welker will be this year's WR screen to edlemann or faulk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Then you have help prove my case about Holt not playing well in Jax......
    Posted by m1021us

i dont think anyone on the jags offense played well last year sans jones-drew and even he struggled for stretches

i like the holt pickup for the pats but to expect even half of what he used to do in stl. may be expecting too much from him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : i dont think anyone on the jags offense played well last year sans jones-drew and even he struggled for stretches i like the holt pickup for the pats but to expect even half of what he used to do in stl. may be expecting too much from him
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Don't waste your breath...you can't teach stupidity. Newbie M can't see past his Tom Brady poster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : i dont think anyone on the jags offense played well last year sans jones-drew and even he struggled for stretches i like the holt pickup for the pats but to expect even half of what he used to do in stl. may be expecting too much from him
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

He did half with Gerrard.....he will do better with Brady.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Don't waste your breath...you can't teach stupidity. Newbie M can't see past his Tom Brady poster.
    Posted by perfect72

LOL!  Look at the troll calling me a noobie!  1) he isn't using his breath.  2) perfect example of stupidity is perfect72.  3) I don't have any posters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : He did half with Gerrard.....he will do better with Brady.
    Posted by m1021us

im not saying his production wont go up...but holt is clearly not the same guy he was in stl. glory days of old and to expect him to run by defenders like he used to is not being very realistic

IMO, if you get 45 catches, 600 yards and 3 TD's from holt, id call it a success and that he did his job

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : ok...ill start with henne right now, he is a better person and a better QB than cutler...if anything, just look at the INT's cutler throws...and with the weapons chicago had surrounded cutler with, he was an absolute failure last year with a regression in his production could he get better? yeah probably...will he? im not so sure...he plays like brett favre without the passion but the same, gun slinging, i can fit a football into a quarter inch hole mentality henne...is...errr...for the lack of a better word...more brady-ish...in that he sees the field well and doesnt make very many mistakes...and they both went to michigan...but until henne does more thats where ill leave that comparison decent blockers at TE are WR's that are too fat/slow and cant get open on a corner...relying on these guys to make your offense move is a scary proposition, but then again...i dont trust rookies and BB doesnt really either...so while they could open up the pats offense...i wouldnt count on it either and no #2 WR to take the pressure off moss? hello? you had welker until the last week of the season and played him a game that meant NOTHING...im sorry but i just cant see the pats being very different on offense...last year's WR screen to welker will be this year's WR screen to edlemann or faulk
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Cutler had no weapons in Chicago....Forte is not the same and Olson or Hester are his best targets?  He still racked up 3600+ yds and 27 TD's.  Miami had a better running game than Chicago too.  And yes, Cutler is a gun slinger and makes some bad decisions like Favre.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Henne is Bradyish....but I get the type of comparison that you are trying to make.

Not relying on the rookie TE's to make the offense move, these 2 rookie TE's are good blockers, but are also good route runner receivers (one of them has been compared to Dallas Clark). 

Welker is technically the #3 WR (usually the Slot receiver is referred to as the #3).  We have much more depth with our second year WR Tate (who should know the system now and is healthy), rookie Price (whom just signed), Holt and Patten......Edleman will be the #3 until Welker gets back.  The run game will be much better with Alge blocking and having the RB's healthy.

I will go on a limb and guess that NE will be in the op 5 in scoring this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : im not saying his production wont go up...but holt is clearly not the same guy he was in stl. glory days of old and to expect him to run by defenders like he used to is not being very realistic IMO, if you get 45 catches, 600 yards and 3 TD's from holt, id call it a success and that he did his job
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I agree that Holt will not have the stats that he did for the Rams, but it won't be because his skills have diminished...It will be because he is not the #1 target for his QB.  There are too many other weapons on this team.  I would accept 45 rec, 600 yds and 5TD's.....as success.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Cutler had no weapons in Chicago....Forte is not the same and Olson or Hester are his best targets?  He still racked up 3600+ yds and 27 TD's.  Miami had a better running game than Chicago too.  And yes, Cutler is a gun slinger and makes some bad decisions like Favre. I wouldn't go so far as saying Henne is Bradyish....but I get the type of comparison that you are trying to make. Not relying on the rookie TE's to make the offense move, these 2 rookie TE's are good blockers, but are also good route runner receivers (one of them has been compared to Dallas Clark).  Welker is technically the #3 WR (usually the Slot receiver is referred to as the #3).  We have much more depth with our second year WR Tate (who should know the system now and is healthy), rookie Price (whom just signed), Holt and Patten......Edleman will be the #3 until Welker gets back.  The run game will be much better with Alge blocking and having the RB's healthy. I will go on a limb and guess that NE will be in the op 5 in scoring this year.
    Posted by m1021us

any Qb that has a U of M, hurricane TE and fails...just isnt that good IMO...i mean miami has produced sooooooo many good TE's in the recent past and they have all had success(except winslow but he played for the browns and bucs, so ill forgive him)...olson is very good and wasnt it before the draft that pats fans were drooling to get olson in a potential deal?...dont the bears have berrian too?...

and yeah, thats why i left it as bradyish so i wouldnt get shot for that opinion...

and dallas clark was the product of a pro-style offense at purdue with drew brees throwing to him...hernandez played at florida with a gimmicky-spread offense where he had tebow throwing to him...ie...the NFL for him, will be like he died and went to one of two places...hell(ie no playing time and marred rookie campaign) or heaven and he does indeed turn into a dallas clark...but...id look for a happy medium and be happy if he stays healthy and more productive than say...baker was last year for the pats

and i agree, the pats will probably be in the top 5 in scoring if brady stays healthy...but if he doesnt...i wouldnt expect hoyer to be the second coming of cassell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : any Qb that has a U of M, hurricane TE and fails...just isnt that good IMO...i mean miami has produced sooooooo many good TE's in the recent past and they have all had success(except winslow but he played for the browns and bucs, so ill forgive him)...olson is very good and wasnt it before the draft that pats fans were drooling to get olson in a potential deal?...dont the bears have berrian too?... and yeah, thats why i left it as bradyish so i wouldnt get shot for that opinion... and dallas clark was the product of a pro-style offense at purdue with drew brees throwing to him...hernandez played at florida with a gimmicky-spread offense where he had tebow throwing to him...ie...the NFL for him, will be like he died and went to one of two places...hell(ie no playing time and marred rookie campaign) or heaven and he does indeed turn into a dallas clark...but...id look for a happy medium and be happy if he stays healthy and more productive than say...baker was last year for the pats and i agree, the pats will probably be in the top 5 in scoring if brady stays healthy...but if he doesnt...i wouldnt expect hoyer to be the second coming of cassell
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0
    I like most of your post because though you are anti Patriots you do add that even you realize that the Patriots have the best receiving corps in the division. Here's some info for you I'm a UF fan,I live in Florida and my niece plays for the UF Womens LaCrosse team. If you watched Hernandez at all during the season you would have seen a very good TE/Slot receiver. He was the motion guy in the Florida Gator Offense in fact he was better than Harvin in many ways two years ago. If Tebow was looking for a receiver to get open it would always be Hernandez and he caught every conceivable pass. He hit the seam like everyone always wanted Watson to do, and the difference is that once he would catch the ball and get lots of YAC and he had several of those catches go the distance.. The guy who will be used in the blocking schemes more will be Gronkowski..Though eventually he could be the Witten type TE the Patriots have tried unsuccessfully to find since the days of Russ Francis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Jets are the best. At one thing.  Running off their mouth about how they are the best. They didn't even win the division last year, and would not have even made the playoffs if 2 teams did not lay down for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Jets are the best. At one thing.  Running off their mouth about how they are the best. They didn't even win the division last year, and would not have even made the playoffs if 2 teams did not lay down for them.
    Posted by boomerst3
    Quit cheating and letting everyone know that the Jets made it to the playoffs because of the help provided by the Bengals and Colts... I don't care how much we hear the rooster crow in NY they still aren't the team to beat in the East that position is New Englands until the day BB and Brady ride off into the sunset and maybe even beyond....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : I like most of your post because though you are anti Patriots you do add that even you realize that the Patriots have the best receiving corps in the division. Here's some info for you I'm a UF fan,I live in Florida and my niece plays for the UF Womens LaCrosse team. If you watched Hernandez at all during the season you would have seen a very good TE/Slot receiver. He was the motion guy in the Florida Gator Offense in fact he was better than Harvin in many ways two years ago. If Tebow was looking for a receiver to get open it would always be Hernandez and he caught every conceivable pass. He hit the seam like everyone always wanted Watson to do, and the difference is that once he would catch the ball and get lots of YAC and he had several of those catches go the distance.. The guy who will be used in the blocking schemes more will be Gronkowski..Though eventually he could be the Witten type TE the Patriots have tried unsuccessfully to find since the days of Russ Francis.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

cool...my ex step mom and ex step sister(yeah, my dad got married alot) both went to UF

but i just dont like how their offense(especially under meyer) translates to NFL stardom...and we can list some of the former gators that went onto to have success in the NFL...but it doesnt change the fact that they have always been behind UM and FSU as far as producing prospects goes

that said...i think hernandez has the tools...but how much he is used and how he is used are very relevant because BB has shown either an unwillingness or inability to use his TE's in the offense very effectively

BTW, who is the starter at TE right now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : cool...my ex step mom and ex step sister(yeah, my dad got married alot) both went to UF but i just dont like how their offense(especially under meyer) translates to NFL stardom...and we can list some of the former gators that went onto to have success in the NFL...but it doesnt change the fact that they have always been behind UM and FSU as far as producing prospects goes that said...i think hernandez has the tools...but how much he is used and how he is used are very relevant because BB has shown either an unwillingness or inability to use his TE's in the offense very effectively BTW, who is the starter at TE right now?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I believe that Alge is #1 on the Depth chart right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

You're right m1021us I'm a troll. I guess you can define a troll as somebody who works for a living and contributes to society.Someday when you grow up maybe you can sit at the dinner table with the rest of the adults here. I like to stop in time to time and see what honest rational Patriots fans think of their team. Most of the Pats fans on this board give objective insightful opinons about their team. You obviously have no idea what the term "objective" means. Meandering all day on this website qualifies what you really are...a Hack. Have a wonderful day! Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

You're right m1021us I'm a troll. I guess you can define a troll as somebody who works for a living and contributes to society.Someday when you grow up maybe you can sit at the dinner table with the rest of the adults here. I like to stop in time to time and see what honest rational Patriots fans think of their team. Most of the Pats fans on this board give objective insightful opinons about their team. You obviously have no idea what the term "objective" means. Meandering all day on this website qualifies what you really are...a Hack. Have a wonderful day!
    Posted by perfect72

No, you have the definition of TROLL wrong.....unfortunately you would need to get out of your mom's basement before you can get to work for society...and out that weed away (it alters your perspective on reality and apparently football).

See buddy, I can be objective about my team.....when there is a reason to....but I will tell someone when they are wrong....just like you are.

You need to get a life before you pretend to have one.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : cool...my ex step mom and ex step sister(yeah, my dad got married alot) both went to UF but i just dont like how their offense(especially under meyer) translates to NFL stardom...and we can list some of the former gators that went onto to have success in the NFL...but it doesnt change the fact that they have always been behind UM and FSU as far as producing prospects goes that said...i think hernandez has the tools...but how much he is used and how he is used are very relevant because BB has shown either an unwillingness or inability to use his TE's in the offense very effectively BTW, who is the starter at TE right now?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0
    Depends on which team you are talking about if you are talking about the Gators they only have 2 Freshman Gerald Christian and Desmond Parks so as of right now I don't know who will win out,they are about the same size,but Christian is the Florida kid from Dwyer Hgh in Palm Beach Gardens,FL while Parks came from Greer Hgh in Greer,SC...If you are talking about the Patriots the Starter right now it's Alge Crumpler the guy who was the blocking TE for the Titans last year and we all know how well they ran the ball,Chris Johnson ran for 2,000 yrds. Their other veteran was on the PS last year Rob Myers. So I'ld guess that Hernandez will see the playing time as the receiving TE while Crumpler plays the blocking TE.