WR Mark Harrison - Expect BB to sign this guy too

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

WR Mark Harrison - Expect BB to sign this guy too

We all know much BB loves injured players.... value !!

Don't be shocked if The New England Patients have lots of interest.

Undrafted rookie WR Mark Harrison failed his Bears physical and will return to free agency.

The sides had agreed to terms on a UDFA contract, but Harrison is recovering from foot surgery and wasn't medically cleared at rookie minicamp. The Bears are expected to "revisit" re-signing Harrison at a later date, though he could now also land elsewhere. Harrison was one of this year's top UDFA wideouts. Source:  Brad Biggs on Twitter WMay 10 - 2:15 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: WR Mark Harrison - Expect BB to sign this guy too

If they sign him, Rutgers might need to start listing the New England Patriots as one of the top employers of Rutgers graduates...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see Holmes was released, so the are 2 roster spots available. Don't think WR is a priority, but feel interior OL and RB are.

I am still intrigued with the idea of Felix Jones as a 6-9 touch guy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Why would you give 6-9 touches to Felix Jones? 

What are they supposed to do with Vereen?  I was hoping this kid will get more play now that Woody is gone and you want to add Felix Jones into that?  No way.  

Not unless Vereen gets hurt in camp which for this team is a real possibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Ideally, I'd like to see:

(PG)

Ridley : 18-22

Vereen : 6-8 touches as a change of pace back with 2-4 screens

Bolden/Blount : 3-5, mainly short yardage type carries (helps reduce some of the wear and tear on Ridley)

I doubt Washington gets many carries as he'll primarily be used as a ST guy.  I want to see Vereen finally unleashed this year.  He's shown signs that he can be a nice compliment to Ridley in a change-of-pace role and that he can be electric in the open field.  We need to incorporate the screen pass more like we used to do with Faulk; I think Vereen can be deadly in that role.

That leaves us at about 32 touches per game for the backs which is about the average we had last year.  28-34 carries for the back, 35-40 passes for Brady and you have a very well-balanced offense like we saw last year.  

It'll be very interesting to see what BB does for the RB spots.  If he only plans on keeping 4, Bolden and Blount will battle it out for that last spot.  Washington becomes a back-up to Vereen while primarily playing ST.

Is it TC yet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

What are they supposed to do with Vereen?  I was hoping this kid will get more play now that Woody is gone and you want to add Felix Jones into that?  No way.  

I think BB wants 5 RB's. I don't think Washington is a RB, and may be on the roster bubble.

I don't think Bolden is the same player we saw pre suspension. 

I would like to see Ridley in that 16-20 carry area, Vereen in that 8-12 area. I like Jones as insurance to Vereen, and in the passing game. Jones IMO was very effective getting less touches per game. If he understands his limitations, his potential role, and he commensurate salary I like him as an option

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think BB wants 5 RB's. I don't think Washington is a RB, and may be on the roster bubble.

I would like to see Ridley in that 16-20 carry area, Vereen in that 8-12 area. I like Jones as insurance to Vereen, and in the passing game. Jones IMO was very effective getting less touches per game. If he understands his limitations, his potential role, and he commensurate salary I like him as an option

Intersting take, rkarp.  If I remember correctly, Felix returned kicks for Dallas for a while and was pretty good.  If BB brings him in and he shows well in camp, the Leon chapter could be over before it starts.  

Leon was brought primarily for ST and I don't see him playing much RB.  This could make him expendable because of the versatility of Jones, if he's brought in.  We all know how much Bill values versatility.

I remember watching some Cowboys games a few years back and Felix was only getting 8-12 carries a game but he was extremely effective.  He's injury prone so using him sparingly and wisely could pay dividends if we can sign him cheap.

Edit: If BB wants 5 RBs, who do you see him keeping?  

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount and Jones (assuming he's signed)?  I just think Bolden and Blount are overkill/redundant and would rather see a roster spot go to an extra FB/TE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Intersting take, rkarp.  If I remember correctly, Felix returned kicks for Dallas for a while and was pretty good.  If BB brings him in and he shows well in camp, the Leon chapter could be over before it starts.  

Leon was brought primarily for ST and I don't see him playing much RB.  This could make him expendable because of the versatility of Jones, if he's brought in.  We all know how much Bill values versatility.

I remember watching some Cowboys games a few years back and Felix was only getting 8-12 carries a game but he was extremely effective.  He's injury prone so using him sparingly and wisely could pay dividends if we can sign him cheap.

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount and Jones (assuming he's signed)?  I just think Bolden and Blount are overkill/redundant and would rather see a roster spot go to an extra FB/TE.

My friends in Fla tell me Blount is done. Interested to see him in camp.

I think Shavers gets a long look in camp as well. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see your dogging me as usual on every thread. Got you on ignore dude, so don't bother

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

So who would your 5 RBs be if Jones signs?

Also, is your friend implying that Blount is physically or mentally done?  The dude has only been in the league for 3 years and was barely used last year.  I know he's had attitude issues so I wouldn't doubt him maybe checking out mentally, but I think being in NE is a nice fresh start where he knows it's his last chance to make it in the league.  Just my 2 cents

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

So who would your 5 RBs be if Jones signs?

Also, is your friend implying that Blount is physically or mentally done?  The dude has only been in the league for 3 years and was barely used last year.  I know he's had attitude issues so I wouldn't doubt him maybe checking out mentally, but I think being in NE is a nice fresh start where he knows it's his last chance to make it in the league.  Just my 2 cents

Ridley, Vareen, Jones, Bolden, Washington unless Shavers shows something. Too many whispers that Bolden is out, but only if someone better is found. 

I am also hearing Ones was offered a contract, but didn't sign, so he obviously feels there may be something else out there. I know he visited Philly as well. 

Blount plays like he is 190 lbs, not 240 lbs. my friend is more in tune with the Phins, but is pretty well connected to all things NFL in Fla. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Washington was a real pain in the but, when he was with the Jets. That guy made big plays against us. Not on just returning the ball either.
    Can he still do it? He got 5-10 touches a game too, seems like a long time ago.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Washington was a real pain in the but, when he was with the Jets. That guy made big plays against us. Not on just returning the ball either.
    Can he still do it? He got 5-10 touches a game too, seems like a long time ago.

I think he had 39 RB snaps last year for the Seahawks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Predicting BB's use of RBs is about the same thing as guessing who he'll draft. Good luck with that.

It changes week to week and sometimes quarter to quarter. Just when you thought Ridley was the Man, Vereen was starting or Woodhead was getting 25 touches. It all depends on the opponent, there will be no set rotation like you guys are guessing at. 

Ridley can be the Man, he has the skill, the size, he's a willing blocker. Vereen can catch the ball better than Ridley, has a little more speed but is smaller, so he's the most logical guy to be the next Woody/Faulk. I really like what little we saw from Bolden, powerful runner anyway. I can see any of those guys being the primary back any given week. I don't see a workhorse situation, it's just not the McDaniels/BB way. They want you to be guessing.

Blount, we'll see. Just don't expect him to be a Jerome Bettis-type power guy barreling into the line and moving the pile. He doesn't do that, or at least he didn't in Tampa. I said before, he's a 250 lb Laurence Maroney. He's good in the open field and will run over guys when he has a head of steam. But he's a dancer at the line.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Find all the posts interesting - I think the fifth RB may end up being an H-Back with Hooman rather than a pure RB.

And I think Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden are the primary backs with Blount in a show me something really special or you are gone situation in TC/Preseason. And Washingtom may be in the same boat, especially if Jones were to sign, or a UDFA showed something special.

It is hard to project players like Blount, Jones, and Washington from their previous work because the Pats are more 'RB by committee' than almost any other team and they designate specific roles for backs, but expect them to perform all the various functions of an RB well - pass block, run between tackles, run wide, and catch screen and down field patterns. The reason I put pass block first is that no running back gets on the field unless he can stop a blitzing LB/Safety - the reason most rookies do not get many first year touches.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Find all the posts interesting - I think the fifth RB may end up being an H-Back with Hooman rather than a pure RB.

And I think Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden are the primary backs with Blount in a show me something really special or you are gone situation in TC/Preseason. And Washingtom may be in the same boat, especially if Jones were to sign, or a UDFA showed something special.

It is hard to project players like Blount, Jones, and Washington from their previous work because the Pats are more 'RB by committee' than almost any other team and they designate specific roles for backs, but expect them to perform all the various functions of an RB well - pass block, run between tackles, run wide, and catch screen and down field patterns. The reason I put pass block first is that no running back gets on the field unless he can stop a blitzing LB/Safety - the reason most rookies do not get many first year touches.

That's the thing with Bolden. He wasn't suspended because he mistakenly took "Adderall" or a supplement that had a banned substance. You watch, Pats will bringin guys at RB with the hope one or two of them can take that spot....first one being BLount. They also offered Jones, who so far hasn't accepted (same as Abraham)

Rusty keeps referencing edelman and the Giants offer. He doesn't understand some offers are made to players after the visit, and some offers are made and not accepted right away. Jones and Abraham for that matter could accept the Pats offers down the road, as long as both parties still have interest. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You never know whether Harrison winds up in NE! If he does and he doesn't mind redshirting he could come in and learn the playbook for a year on the practice squad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

That's the thing with Bolden. He wasn't suspended because he mistakenly took "Adderall" or a supplement that had a banned substance. You watch, Pats will bringin guys at RB with the hope one or two of them can take that spot....first one being BLount. They also offered Jones, who so far hasn't accepted (same as Abraham)

Rusty keeps referencing edelman and the Giants offer. He doesn't understand some offers are made to players after the visit, and some offers are made and not accepted right away. Jones and Abraham for that matter could accept the Pats offers down the road, as long as both parties still have interest. 

why do care what queenie says rkarp? consider the source and ignore