WR Mark Harrison - Expect BB to sign this guy too

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re: WR Mark Harrison - Expect BB to sign this guy too

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Bass, I too like Bolden and think he will win the job from Ridley this year.  He catvhes the ball better than Ridley , is faster and fumbles less.

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

Why would you give 6-9 touches to Felix Jones? 

What are they supposed to do with Vereen?  I was hoping this kid will get more play now that Woody is gone and you want to add Felix Jones into that?  No way.  

Not unless Vereen gets hurt in camp which for this team is a real possibility.

I think BB wants 5 RB's. I don't think Washington is a RB, and may be on the roster bubble.

I don't think Bolden is the same player we saw pre suspension. 

I would like to see Ridley in that 16-20 carry area, Vereen in that 8-12 area. I like Jones as insurance to Vereen, and in the passing game. Jones IMO was very effective getting less touches per game. If he understands his limitations, his potential role, and he commensurate salary I like him as an option

1. Agree they may very well carry 5 RBs for the first time in years, probably since 2007,  but I would need to double check that. 

2. BB likes Bolden.  He tweaked his knee and lost time and Ridley was dominating, so of course he's not going to bench Ridley to cater to Bolden (also he got that suspension). But, per Zolak and I quote "they really like Bolden".  RIdley is one concussion away and Bolden is a similar style runner. Finally, BB doesn't really start rookie RBs, and he started Bolden in Week 3 in Baltimore/used him on that opening drive, I believe.  That should tell you something, at least for intelligent people who are good at reading between the lines, use strong sources and ignore agenda driven anti-BB rhetoric. lol

Your attempt to imply Bolden only looked good due to Adderrall use is a joke, Mr. Sneaky. Unless you have information on his knee injury that no one else has, nice try. I know what you are trying to do there.  Bolden was undrafted and quite the find by BB last year, so you think you can imply that Bolden is not going to make the team to somehow think it will make BB look like a lesser GM.   VERY transparent trollish comment, RKrap.  You aren't fooling anyone.

3. Agree that Ridley or Bolden or them combined should never see less than 15 carries, preferably leaning closer to 20 every week.   That would mean we're establishing a run in the first half of games.  If Vereen gets up to 8 or 9, with RIdley or Bolden getting 15+ every week, this means we aren't going to lose games.  It would also likely mean that Brady is under Center more frequently, which should be our goal on offense for the rest of the time Brady is here.

In summary, I almost want Bolden to beat out Ridley because I think Ridley is more like a Kevin Faulk than he is a Corey Dillon. If the goal is to consistently hit the holes/seams through the line, Bolden comes off as the better runner in betwee the tackles to me.

1A Bolden (12-15 carries)

1B Ridley (8-10 carries)

2 Vereen (Chang of pace and specialty RB for 2 minute offense, shotgun spread based drives)

3 Washington (back up of Vereen and kick returner)

4 Blount (power back to help ice games)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

If they sign him, Rutgers might need to start listing the New England Patriots as one of the top employers of Rutgers graduates...

ha! but who wold have more insight on him than us plus he and gronk can get really from all the time they'll be sharing in the tub together!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4743593/wr-harrison-k-ruffer-signed

Don't say BB does not listen.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

We all know much BB loves injured players.... value !!

Don't be shocked if The New England Patients have lots of interest.

Undrafted rookie WR Mark Harrison failed his Bears physical and will return to free agency.

The sides had agreed to terms on a UDFA contract, but Harrison is recovering from foot surgery and wasn't medically cleared at rookie minicamp. The Bears are expected to "revisit" re-signing Harrison at a later date, though he could now also land elsewhere. Harrison was one of this year's top UDFA wideouts. Source:  Brad Biggs on Twitter WMay 10 - 2:15 PM

LOL, good shyt my man!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Observations on his youtube: Lines up at WR but moves more like a TE. He does not look like a 4.46. Not sure where he fits, with Dobson, Boyce, Amendola (and others) + TEs Hern, Ballard and Gronk. Interesting pick up for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What are they supposed to do with Vereen?  I was hoping this kid will get more play now that Woody is gone and you want to add Felix Jones into that?  No way.  

I think BB wants 5 RB's. I don't think Washington is a RB, and may be on the roster bubble.

I would like to see Ridley in that 16-20 carry area, Vereen in that 8-12 area. I like Jones as insurance to Vereen, and in the passing game. Jones IMO was very effective getting less touches per game. If he understands his limitations, his potential role, and he commensurate salary I like him as an option

1. Agree they may very well carry 5 RBs for the first time in years, probably since 2007,  but I would need to double check that. 

2. BB likes Bolden.  He tweaked his knee and lost time and Ridley was dominating, so of course he's not going to bench Ridley to cater to Bolden (also he got that suspension). But, per Zolak and I quote "they really like Bolden".  RIdley is one concussion away and Bolden is a similar style runner. Finally, BB doesn't really start rookie RBs, and he started Bolden in Week 3 in Baltimore/used him on that opening drive, I believe.  That should tell you something, at least for intelligent people who are good at reading between the lines, use strong sources and ignore agenda driven anti-BB rhetoric. lol

Your attempt to imply Bolden only looked good due to Adderrall use is a joke, Mr. Sneaky. Unless you have information on his knee injury that no one else has, nice try. I know what you are trying to do there.  Bolden was undrafted and quite the find by BB last year, so you think you can imply that Bolden is not going to make the team to somehow think it will make BB look like a lesser GM.   VERY transparent trollish comment, RKrap.  You aren't fooling anyone.

3. Agree that Ridley or Bolden or them combined should never see less than 15 carries, preferably leaning closer to 20 every week.   That would mean we're establishing a run in the first half of games.  If Vereen gets up to 8 or 9, with RIdley or Bolden getting 15+ every week, this means we aren't going to lose games.  It would also likely mean that Brady is under Center more frequently, which should be our goal on offense for the rest of the time Brady is here.

In summary, I almost want Bolden to beat out Ridley because I think Ridley is more like a Kevin Faulk than he is a Corey Dillon. If the goal is to consistently hit the holes/seams through the line, Bolden comes off as the better runner in betwee the tackles to me.

1B Ridley (8-10 carries)

2 Vereen (Chang of pace and specialty RB for 2 minute offense, shotgun spread based drives)

I was following your post until you said you want bolden to get more touches than Ridley, and you compare Ridley to Kevin Faulk. Are you serious or insane? Ridley is clearly the better back than bolden. Not even close. Ridley in no way resembles Faulk. If anything , vereen is the one who will be used like Faulk and in terms of size, Vereen and Faulk are nearly identical. 

Ridley is Ridley. He is neither faulk nor dillon, but he has a good combo of skills and should be our lead back. Bolden will be 3-4 on the rb depth chart and there is no way he gets more touches than Ridley unless Ridley is injured.

as for your analysis on bolden after suspension...I don't know if it was injury or drug related, but he clearly did not look as good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I wouldn't expect much if any from Harrison this year. He either goes to the PS or IR. he is not making the 53 man roster, but he does have great size and good ability if he can put it together .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Terrence Nunn Football player Terrence Nunn is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He most recently played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. He was signed by the New England Patriots as a street free agent in 2009. Wikipedia

I remember when the board was going crazy over this guy.  Now breath people.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't follow Rudgers but, with all these pro prospects, they must have been, by far and away, the greatest college football team in the country last year... How badly did they crush Alabama?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

1B Ridley (8-10 carries)

I was following your post until you said you want bolden to get more touches than Ridley, and you compare Ridley to Kevin Faulk. Are you serious or insane? Ridley is clearly the better back than bolden. Not even close. Ridley in no way resembles Faulk. If anything , vereen is the one who will be used like Faulk and in terms of size, Vereen and Faulk are nearly identical. 

Ridley is Ridley. He is neither faulk nor dillon, but he has a good combo of skills and should be our lead back. Bolden will be 3-4 on the rb depth chart and there is no way he gets more touches than Ridley unless Ridley is injured.

as for your analysis on bolden after suspension...I don't know if it was injury or drug related, but he clearly did not look as good. 

I didn't say MORE, I said more than last year and it would be dependent on how camp unfolds.

It sounds like Ridley has put on more weight in the offseason, quite possibly after being asked to do so by BB, so yes, he was closer to Faulk a a change of pace kind of back type than a true lead back with a low center of gravity and some power.

He's a violent kind of runner, but he's not as low to the ground as Bolden. Bolden also glides through the line, while Ridley is more of a slasher type.

Thanks.

you have each listed with number of touches and you clearly have bolden getting MORE than RIDley. so, it wasn't more than last year as you claim you said. What you clearly said is more than Ridley.

it appears you suffer from the same millennial malfunction that you so often criticisize...not admitting when you are wrong even when it is in print.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I don't follow Rudgers but, with all these pro prospects, they must have been, by far and away, the greatest college football team in the country last year... How badly did they crush Alabama?

Its not about if they were the best team in cfb but its the certainplayers that bb likes to target(loves football and smart) it just so happens that rutgers players come from a similar program like the patriots, all those guys are not gonna make the team, only the best ones will

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this is a funny post, and BB's fascination with these players is bordering on commical...BUT, they did have a top 10 defense and their coach was hired into the NFL. so its not like it wasnt a good program.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Bama has been ducking Rutgers for years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

BRAVO... GREAT CALL !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Nice! we only need 15 more Rutgers players and we can start an entire team of Scarlett Knights. Seriously nothing wrong with signing a WR who is not only big at 6'3" 231 lbs and runs a 4.46 40. He also seems like runs well after the catch. If nothing else he provides more competition at a position of need.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Nice! we only need 15 more Rutgers players and we can start an entire team of Scarlett Knights. Seriously nothing wrong with signing a WR who is not only big at 6'3" 231 lbs and runs a 4.46 40. He also seems like runs well after the catch. If nothing else he provides more competition at a position of need.

And a good body for the DBs to defend. Nothing wrong with giving our defense some practice time against big body WRs as they had trouble with them last year and will face a number this coming year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hey dont mock it!

as Rusty said this is just bellichick's way of being a "trendsetter"-soon every gm will be drafting every available rutgers player, even the redshirt freshmen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

hey dont mock it!

as Rusty said this is just bellichick's way of being a "trendsetter"-soon every gm will be drafting every available rutgers player, even the redshirt freshmen

Wooooo.  Busted!  Don't mess with board cop or his scooter. You do you get a ticket!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

In response to titletownfan's comment:

If they sign him, Rutgers might need to start listing the New England Patriots as one of the top employers of Rutgers graduates...

ha! but who wold have more insight on him than us plus he and gronk can get really from all the time they'll be sharing in the tub together!

OMG, i was right.. he and GRONK will get really close from all the time they'll b sharing in the tub together!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Rutgers is the Patriots' farm team. Belichick and his scouts hand pick their recruits and also supervise their developement. The fruits of their labor are arriving in droves.