WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots

From todays practice notes--Mike Rodak (ESPN Boston)

"Wide receiver Taylor Price was not spotted for the second straight session"

-Let's hope the BB is just resting him to make sure he heals and does not push himself

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hope Price isn't hurt, the three guys behind him suck.

Edelman sucks, Tate sucks and Slater sucks the other two sucking. -_-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyBruski54. Show TeddyBruski54's posts

I'm a big fan of Housh, another veteran WR to depend on who is also a great blocker-He's a slot/possession receiver with great hands and toughness-he's very smart and professional, so I know he'd get up to speed pretty quickly. The writing is on the wall for Slater, he's a goner.

Housh there it is!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I'm a big fan of Housh, another veteran WR to depend on who is also a great blocker-He's a slot/possession receiver with great hands and toughness-he's very smart and professional, so I know he'd get up to speed pretty quickly. The writing is on the wall for Slater, he's a goner.   Housh there it is!
    Posted by TeddyBruski54[/QUOTE]

i agree he is a good player, but he is getting older! and i think a rookie like price or tate has a better future than Housh. housh is on the decline, price/tate are on the rise!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wink1994. Show wink1994's posts

ABC = Anyone But Chad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BB is having tryout day tomorrow because though Housmandzadeh is coming in he's not coming alone he's bringing a couple of Safeties with him as both Renaldo Hill and Darren Sharper will be working out for BB and his staff too evaluate tomorrow also!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

TJ is a playmaker, big physical WR, if he's willing to accept less money, this'll be a headache for opposing team lols

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

TJ should be hired and given an incentive laden contract.
    If he catches the final score in a Patriot victory in the Super Bowl, a $1 million bonus is in order.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Would be a great sign I think. He can still play. He is tall and can run. With T. J. Housh and Ocho on the outside. Then put Welker and Branch on the inside slants. Then you have Gron or Hernandez going anywhere. Then you throw the 1 or 2 RB's in the backfield. I dont know but I would think we would be unstoppable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots : Hope so . . . I didn't like the way he got up after getting hit on that last punt return. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

i never liked the idea of putting skill guys with rare abilities to the team on punting or kicking duties. way too risky. this guy is finally getting a chance to play. i wouldnt risk his skill set for a few good returns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

would have been a great pick up four years ago. he may still have very good hands but those legs have slowed a lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I dont see anything of value in Slater, Edelman, and Tate.  I know Price looked great in the preseason against Jax, but we need to take that with a grain of salt.  Id prefer a deep threat burner, but tall, strong, and wise is almost just as good.

Slater, Tate, and Edelman dont need a kick in the butt to be motivated, they know they are on the chopping block.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

TJ is a great Pick up !!!! Remember Branch knee is weak... he needs to rest and always misses 1 to 3 games.

TATE IS GONE !!!!  

85, TJ, BRANCH, WELKER, PRICE, EDELMAN, SLATER

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kflash44. Show kflash44's posts

Prediction... Housh will be a Patriot, Brady will have another awesome Receiver to throw to and it's just another step closer toward a fourth Superbowl Title. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I hope this doesn't mean someone we like goes to IR.  TJ is good but I will always remember how he and Carson Palmer teamed up to try to break Welker's NFL lead in receptions.  TJ ended up tying Welker.  It was the last game of the year and Palmer was basically doing nothing but throw to TJ; cared less about winning the game.  Even the commentators took note of it.  That left a bad taste in my mouth about TJ.  I wouldn't mind seeing him keep Welker's seat warm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

I think it would be good to sign him. He's already got chemistry with Chad and Branhc, he's a tall receiver would add another threat as a red zone target, and he can be a weapon on the outside too aswell as being effective in the slot. He's got versitility. he had a down season last year, but he could come right back and have a good season this year.

I really want the Patriots to sign sharper, to me he is a patriots type player, he's got great leadership for the young secondary, recently won a superbowl and has that playoff mentality. He's also a natural ball hawk, and would be lethal roaming the middle of the field! we also need depth at safety so its a good move bring him in for a visit.

I think if Tate wants to really get better, he needs to be consistent, last year he showed flashes, but he was inconsistent, needs to show it more often, he's a good kick returner and special teams guys. I really like Price and i think he can become a really good receiver, he has the vetern guys and the best QB in history training him so i really hope Price stays.

Who knows guys, just gotta know that BB knows what he's doing and just see how things go

GO PATS!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I love the Housh. This would make for one sick set of WR's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont know about lighting a fire, but if you can have T.J. as your 5th WR, thats a big upgrade from last year .  We lost to the Jets cuz we didnt have enough playmakers at the WR position and Brady couldnt find anyone open.

Tate and Edleman are both gone, if this dude shows anything...They may keep 6 wr's...you gotta keep cuz he is a beast on Special teams...thats the bad thing.

ocho, wes, branch, t.j, none of them play on special teams, and you need bodies there.

great pickup if it happens

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Housh has always been underrated, but not sure where he fits.  He probably needs to play ST to be worth a roster spot, assuming the Pats like the workout.  Anyone know if he's played on STs in the past? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]I dont know about lighting a fire, but if you can have T.J. as your 5th WR, thats a big upgrade from last year .  We lost to the Jets cuz we didnt have enough playmakers at the WR position and Brady couldnt find anyone open. Tate and Edleman are both gone, if this dude shows anything...They may keep 6 wr's...you gotta keep cuz he is a beast on Special teams...thats the bad thing. ocho, wes, branch, t.j, none of them play on special teams, and you need bodies there. great pickup if it happens
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You answered my ST question as I was posting.  They need some of their WRs to play STs so you'd have to think Tate and Edelman have value there.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I know T.J. played S/T early on as he was a late pick who didnt establish himself as a known WR until year 3.  I dont think at this age though he could provide much there.  Most S/T guys are younger exceot for old school guys who made it specialty like S.Tasker...  I would have to say maybe a surprise cut is in order...or maybe Wes getting traded.. just doesnt make sense, you need atleast 2 young guys at WR that can get down the field on kickoffs, etc

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

G'bye Tate & Edelman...You have been good friends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc&ob=av2e

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Orrrrrrrr are we bringing in another vet on the cheap so we can deal Welker before his deal runs out?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]Branch on his way out? I mean, what's the purpose of having two 33 year old wide receivers? I just don't see how a 33 year old possession receiver helps this team...add in the fact that he's coming in late, never played in this system, and had no off season. Someone's got to be hurt and headed to IR...hope it's not Price. Or are they cutting the cord on Edelman and Tate?
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

thats the way i see it
    and he didn't brign alot to the Ravens