Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?

apparently bill and mangini have had some dialogue in the past year and their relationship is a work in progress according to my SOURCES. i say at this stage, the former mangenius is the BEST thing going on the unemployed defensive coordinator line. whatever transgressions he had is in the past. time to let by-gones be by-gones. bb wasnt exactly mr. perfect at eric's age so let the man just be. spygate? about having a competitive edge, would bill not have done the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot? can see it now.. "hey i coach and work for the jets now, next question..". eric followed bill from cleveland and clearly there was something special about him as a coach. and our defense certainly performed a lot better!

eric has said he would do a lot of things differently and clearly has had enough time to reflect and mend his ways! bring the man back home so we can win somethinggg!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?

Who honestly really knows what BB is thinking or how he feels about Mangini. However, BB has been spurned by many coordinators to only watch them fail miserably elsewhere. I would do it, because it would finally give BB another set of eyes on the field that assess the defense a different way. I feel at times BB has so much power at his disposal he may forget the advantage of having designated coordinators.  It's clear this defense has been  inconsistent and a very expensive issue for the past 3 years now. Maybe BB needs to embrace the mutually beneficial relationship of a defensive coordinator again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

And no, Bill did not do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?:
    [QUOTE]Who honestly really knows what BB is thinking or how he feels about Mangini. However, BB has been spurned by many coordinators to only watch them fail miserably elsewhere. I would do it, because it would finally give BB another set of eyes on the field that assess the defense a different way. I feel at times BB has so much power at his disposal he may forget the advantage of having designated coordinators.  It's clear this defense has been  inconsistent and a very expensive issue for the past 3 years now. Maybe BB needs to embrace the mutually beneficial relationship of a defensive coordinator again.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

mangini was a traitor. if bb allowed that wound to be healed and dropped, mangini would be a great defensive backs coach, crennel def coordinator, just need to add and off coordinator and change the scouting and drafting team while adding a co gm. and yes more than one brain is better than one in decisionmaking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOB-SC. Show BOB-SC's posts

This rat cost BB $250,000 and Kraft $500,000 in fines and you honestly think he will be welcome New England?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Please take your finger OUT of your nose.  It's apparently stopping the blood flow to your brain.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I guess everyone forgets that manweenie was actually a crappy coordinator

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

How do you know Mangini was a good D coordinator vs. the recipient of a team that had decent, albeit aging, defensive players. Sorta like Switzer inherited a pretty darn good Cowboys team from Johnson.

How do you know the "brain child" of the defense really aren't guys like Rob Ryan, Romeo Crennel, and Pepper Johnson? Altho, admittedly, Mangini was a defensive backs coach back in 2001.

We need to get more aggressive on D as a whole...I would not mind if we got someone like Rob Ryan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yeah right, bring back Da Rat. NO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We should've gotten Rob Ryan...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Not a chance have you guys forgetten that he threw the whole PAts organization under the bus spy gate do you want to bring that kind of person back not a chance even if Kfraft family wanted him BB will quit his HC job because of that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I voted yes, what the hey? 

He's good enough but he proably want another HC position,  The rat stuff is self defeating.  Hey look at it this way, Rex Ryan inherited many of the changes that Mangini made in New York and has benefitted from them for two years.  Now the team has a more Ryan taint to it and its not quite as good.  Think about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

BB and Kraft Co. will not bring back the "Betraytor"  He is the one talking about the Spygate when he was a Jets head coach.

In Response to Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?:
    [QUOTE]apparently bill and mangini have had some dialogue in the past year and their relationship is a work in progress according to my SOURCES. i say at this stage, the former mangenius is the BEST thing going on the unemployed defensive coordinator line. whatever transgressions he had is in the past. time to let by-gones be by-gones. bb wasnt exactly mr. perfect at eric's age so let the man just be. spygate? about having a competitive edge, would bill not have done the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot? can see it now.. "hey i coach and work for the jets now, next question..". eric followed bill from cleveland and clearly there was something special about him as a coach. and our defense certainly performed a lot better! eric has said he would do a lot of things differently and clearly has had enough time to reflect and mend his ways! bring the man back home so we can win somethinggg!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The defense was better back then because the players were better .

Mancini was and still is overrated .

the D needs an attitude adjustment.  Play tougher , closer to the line .
    They'll be fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The defense was better back then because the players were better .

Mancini was and still is overrated .

the D needs an attitude adjustment.  Play tougher , closer to the line .
    They'll be fine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

Hey Commi, Step away from The Crack Pipe there Buddy!? NO WAY IN H--L this ever happens! 
    GO PATS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Everytime I think there's no more good LSD around our resident commie proves me wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

(Insert image here of Belichick bear-hugging Mangini at the press conference announcing his return to the team while casting an icy stare in Ernie Adams' direction---Adams' queue to take Mangini "fishing" on Lake Tahoe a few weeks later)Cool 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]weis/crennel
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I think that ship has sailed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong coordinator. Kidnap Charlie Weis.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea...lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm with Russ on this one. Bring back Weiss.

I would have also signed Rob Ryan as our DC. I think he presents a much better option than Mangini. Shoulda coulda.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Most people tend not to want to go backwards in thier careers.  If Mangini felt he was ready to be a head coach, then he must have felt that he'd learned as much as he needed to from BB.  Mangini would benefit from working for someone else where he could learn a different approach.

Besides, not really sure how good of a Coach BB really is.  Maybe he benefitted from the coaching staff that he had initially put together. 

Also, if the Pats win a SB with Mangini running the defense, doesn't that suggest that Mangini was more important to the success of the Pats than BB?  In other words, wouldn't BB want to win a SB without Mangini?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

weis/crennel

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Most people tend not to want to go backwards in thier careers.  If Mangini felt he was ready to be a head coach, then he must have felt that he'd learned as much as he needed to from BB.  Mangini would benefit from working for someone else where he could learn a different approach. Besides, not really sure how good of a Coach BB really is.  Maybe he benefitted from the coaching staff that he had initially put together.  Also, if the Pats win a SB with Mangini running the defense, doesn't that suggest that Mangini was more important to the success of the Pats than BB?  In other words, wouldn't BB want to win a SB without Mangini?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt, this is the stupidest thing I have read to date.