Yahoo Story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Yahoo Story

Well, the PATS defense makes me nervous and I wish they didn't.  However I note what most everybody else has noted, yardage is not on the score board.  Just win baby! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Story:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha, these things crack me up.  Such a bad defense yet tied with the best record in the AFC.  It's funny how GB's crappy defense doesn't get the heat that the Patriots D gets.  Only one way to quiet the critics and that is to win the SB.  If the Patriots don't then all the criticism is fair game, no way they give an ounce of credit to BB for doing so much with so little.  If they happen to win it all these hack reports will pile on about something else.  It's a no win situation.  I guess thats expected when you have a legend for a QB and coach.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    BB deserves credit as a coach for piecing things together from nothing and getting the guys to play together and win. However he deserves severe criticism as a GM for having squandered so many draft choices over the past 3-4 years on bad picks that have done very little for the D (the injured Chung is an exception and McCourty is too early to judge). WR choices have also been failures which has left us with no ability to spread the field and puts more pressure on Brady.  

IMO the Pats don't deserve to play in the Superbowl. And, as many have questioned how far they will get in the playoffs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Yahoo Story:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqbRfr00PO8tg3uW9vOHCnhDubYF?slug=ys-chff-epic_fail_patriots_defense_120511 Doesn't seem like no matter what the Patriots do, especially having a 9-3 record  is enough for some in the media to realize that they don't decide the game by who gives up the most yardage, the only thing that matters is the Scoreboard. All the Patriots do is win!... Isn't that what really matters?
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Kerry Byrne is a boston based former food and beverage writer from the Boston Hearld.  He's a big pats fan, and his bias can be seen in much of what he writes.  He created the website ColdHardFootballFacts.com using some very simplistic statistical formulas which I personally don't care for.  That said, the site has become popular - so much so that last year SI.com picked him up.  Don't know why he is now on yahoo, but color me surprised that the nationals decided to pick this guy up.  I haven't really found any of his content enlightening. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I think we all know or worry that the D will let us down in the playoffs, and our receivers will probably be successfully jammed at the line, they won't stretch the defenses deep, and Brady will get pressured and tense up.

Then we'll talk about how we need more defensive talent and a deep threat at wr, and then we'll do it all over again next year, just as we did it all over again this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

Yahoooooooo ooooo

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

"stats are for losers"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Good news!   The Patriots won their first round playoff game last year: 

Pats 299 passing yards to 194 yards by the Jets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

And the year before that, the Patriots crushed the Ravens 132-34!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I just can't comprehend how  6-7-8 guys can't cover 3-4-5 receivers.  The numbers are in the Defense's favor and like Vegas they should win the majority of the time. 

Yet what I hear most times on big pass plays is that someone blew a coverage.  So it would seem to me NFL teams need to pick smarter players in the back 7.  To bad all the large, fast, strong humans are dumb azzes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If you watch the team you will learn that they don't really hit people - they aren't very intimidating - and they still have trouble rushing the passer.

The turnover ratio is good.

I don't know what the other stats say - but just watch this defense.  It is not scary at all.

I don't think that will change come play off time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I think we all know or worry that the D will let us down in the playoffs, ....and then we'll do it all over again next year, just as we did it all over again this year.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]
    How true!  In SB42, did we think the D would give up TWO TDs to the Giants in the 4th quarter?  Well they did.  Failed to hold the lead the offense provided.  In 2009, the Ravens blew them right out of the gate, fell behind 24 - 0 by the second quarter.  In 2010, allowed a Jets offense led by Sanchez to look like a Brady led O.  In all three losses the D failed at the wrong time after looking quite good during the season.  I always wondered WHY when it finally matters to play real well!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

My impression is that the Pats are laying the wood to receivers.  I have read as much over the past few weeks.  It would partially explain why the D has been successfully containing teams by the second QTRs. Edleman put LT out of action.  He put some hurt on Young, too.  Jackson got alligator arms after several crushing hits.  Opposing receivers having been droppiong balls out of fear of being hit. And I think that's one more thing that sets these Pats against some of the Pats teams of the past.  I recall that Merriweather was a hitter, but not a smart hitter, while some of those other now-gone d-backs were soft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]the pats defense isnt that bad for having all these injuries, id say being in the top 10 in points allowed with your whole defensive backfield shot, is pretty impressive
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Great point. My feelings exactly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The beauty is the PAts defense almost plays the same against every team. IF a team does not score 20 its because it made its own mistakes, not due to the PAts defense. I like our D it is one of the most consistant in the league.