Re: Yeaaa buddy!!

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Coco40038's comment:

In seven-on-seven drills, rookie wide receiver Aaron Dobson came down with an amazing grab over two defenders. And Amendola, during full-team drills, came down with a highlight reel catch over Alfonzo Dennard to highlight the day's competitive battles.

organized game of catch until the pads come on...lets hope for no injuries...other than that nothing to see in ota's other than who is fat and who worked out

Do you always have to be such a wet blanket, crapping on everyone's excitement or positivity with any player or new player who doesn't own a SB ring?

It's like your afraid of good news or positivity with any player here who doesn't own a SB ring.

are you talking to yourself?

Me asking you a legit question as to why you troll here, still, is me talking to myself?  You fell from the dumbo tree and hit every branch on the way down, didn't you?

Even when you attempt to make a joke, it backfires on you. You're like Biff in Back ot the Future and the screen door on a battleship joke he botches. lol!

dude, you are on EVERY thread ruining them for everyone. I make a comment that OTA's are a pitch and catch with no pads, and you give me a wise crack? when you ask me a legit question with out innuendo, then I will give a legit answer as I do to everyone else..

go back to arguing the west coast offense or making your nit wit quips about the Jets...no need to reply to everything I say like a puppy...move along, nothing to see here 

Baloney. You're infamous for being  the first one into a thread that is a positive Pats thread and taking a dump on it. Meanwhile, you paint roses around the fledgling NY Jets situation.

You're a fraud and phony and everyone here has seen your act. Just go somewhere else and be a loser. We don't need to see it here anymore.

You're a loser fan and not even a Pats fan.

now go start arguing with Bedard and his thoughts on ota's...

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 57m
    Spent some time today at Patriots practice. Didn't observe it as meticulously as I used to, but had a few thoughts.

Passing off is obviously a big work in progress. With all the new faces, there wasn't much of the usual precision. Tho some nice catches.

You can tell Brady knows the score and is being extremely patient. In past years, all the incompletions would have really ticked him off

The new-found muscle and bulk on Ridley and Vereen was surprising.

Cannon isn't as lean as he was back at tackle. Much thicker and has built up his lower body. More power.

Adrian Wilson is huge. Tavon Wilson wasn't in the mix much at all. Wonder if they're having him watch Adrian to see a real pro.

Blount was as advertised...completely missed a blitz pickup. It's a new system for him, so it's still very early.

The defensive continuity in personnel is obviously helping. They're not well ahead of the offense, they're on a different planet. Expected.

It's so odd to see the offense so far behind, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't like that with all the new faces/starters out.

Nothing stood out from the WRs except a couple nice downfield catches. Everyone, including Amendola, is feeling their way. That will change.

This is no. 37 on their to-do list, but the young WRs are going to need to run more precise routes to function highly come game time.

Lot of rounded off routes. That won't fly when it comes down to it. But that comes later. They need to learn the system first.

Oh, and one more thought: still not a Kafka fan. Slow delivery. Not much zip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I expect Cannon to win the starting RG position and Wendell and Connelly to battle for the C position. The non-starter will be the inetrior swingman.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ReturnofBologna's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I expect Cannon to win the starting RG position and Wendell and Connelly to battle for the C position. The non-starter will be the inetrior swingman.

Inetrior swingman was the first Irishman to cross the english channel without pants.Later on he married a French girl causing Ted Nugent to write the song wang dang sweet pootang,and to promise to take a bath if needed.

I have heard that about that Irishman. I still maintain that wendell and Connelly will battle for the interior swing position.

I stand corrected on the spelling.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In seven-on-seven drills, rookie wide receiver Aaron Dobson came down with an amazing grab over two defenders. And Amendola, during full-team drills, came down with a highlight reel catch over Alfonzo Dennard to highlight the day's competitive battles.

I am excited to hear this part, but you left out the part of the report (cant remeber if Reiss or Yates) where he says Dobson also did not come up with a couple "catchable" balls that he should have had. He also said that Ras-I has looked very good breaking up numerous passes. All of this can only bode well for the season.

Just curious, but do people generally think every player in these mini drills will be 100% perfect on every play?  It doesn't really make sense. If the WR makes a nice play, that means the focus goes onto who was ever covering him where someone like TCal and swoop in and say "it looks our secondary is already practicing getting burned".

It's camp.

I just don't get why any fan would care all that much because it evens out in the end. The D might show well one day, the offense the next, and so on.

All I am looking for is a progression through camp for the projected starters and role players and health.  The rest will come in time.

or maybe your secondary is just mediocre...again

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Yea I'm always excited ota's it doesn't matter I feel good about dobson, and Amendola. 

I like the way Boyce's skill set comes off on film.  I can see him being like a new Branch.  Not saying right away, but the route running, the crafty style with IQ, good hands, but the one thing he has that might be really devastating for Ds is his YAC opps in this offense.

It takes him a second, but he has this 2nd or 3rd gear with breakaway speed that is really impressive. I am trying to think who he reminds me of and I just can't place it.

Maybe a Mark Ingram from old Giants or Dolphins days?   I think he will be better than that, but 6 TDS per year, maybe 50-60 grabs, good hands, etc.

I am hoping Boyce is something like a cross between Givens and Branch.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Could be...I always thought Cannon was better suited to the OG position because he lacked the footspeed and agility to adjust to outside pass rush moves which he routinely demonstrated last year when he played in place of Vollmer...but I'm very glad he bulked up because he was a killer in the run game in college...can you say "pancake!"

Completely agree. I felt that way when I watched college film when we drafted him.

I suspect Connolly wins the center spot but maybe not...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am excited to hear this part, but you left out the part of the report (cant remeber if Reiss or Yates) where he says Dobson also did not come up with a couple "catchable" balls that he should have had. He also said that Ras-I has looked very good breaking up numerous passes. All of this can only bode well for the season.

Just curious, but do people generally think every player in these mini drills will be 100% perfect on every play?  It doesn't really make sense. If the WR makes a nice play, that means the focus goes onto who was ever covering him where someone like TCal and swoop in and say "it looks our secondary is already practicing getting burned".

It's camp.

I just don't get why any fan would care all that much because it evens out in the end. The D might show well one day, the offense the next, and so on.

All I am looking for is a progression through camp for the projected starters and role players and health.  The rest will come in time.

Essentially I agree with you. But, and I think you were saying something like this earlier in your own way, it is a very good thing to see some special individual talents show through. LIke Dobson's catch. Or a great read by Mallet (not saying he did). Or a great play by a DB. Or the improvements in strength or agility or footwork by an O lineman.

We are looking for individual abilities and system internalization.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's camp.

This I completely agree with. I don't expect perfection at any stage of a football season, and especially in OTA's. this offense is going to be a work in progress, and the d as well. It will all shake out as the season progresess, and the only point in time I expect near perfect execution is when we hit the playoffs and deep into the season. God willing we have a healthy team at that point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

I think we will have a top 10 off no matter what.