Yep. We miss Mayo badly.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yep. We miss Mayo badly.

No continuity on our defense. We're making Geno Smith look like Russell Wilson. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Yep. We miss Mayo badly.

If anything was made clear in this game it's that Hightower is horrendous in space. My kids are carving a pumpkin right now that isn't as round as Hightower - this guy looks fat and slow...270 pound linebacker? 

I was wrong about Mayo, he's a better player than I gave him credit for. Too me he was pretty bad in coverage, but he makes it look easy compared to Hightower.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

where is collins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yep, didn't think Hightower would look that bad in space. Collins needs a look. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We missed Wilfork on that final drive, the running game for the Jests would have left them back at their own 30 with Vince out there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I had Hightower as my breakout player this year.  Guess I was dead wrong.  the dude looked completely lost out there.  He's teetering on the verge of being another 1st round bust.  To be honest the loss of Talib means much more to this team.  How about Dink stepping it up today

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Defence was not bad considering the guys they lost and the field position tb gave them in the 3rd, this loss is not on them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to thefly8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defence was not bad considering the guys they lost and the field position tb gave them in the 3rd, this loss is not on them. 

[/QUOTE]

Thank God the Offense hasn't lost any good players or had any turnover from last year.  11 Super Stars out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I thought the D played respectable today in light of all the injuries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah, and Wilfork too considering the Jets ran for 177 yards. Missed Talib too...

[/QUOTE]

Shows what you know, 3.4 YPC is not much to brag about. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hightower is 6ft3  270 pounds????? Um, yeah, he shouldn't be playing in space. Mayo was the cover guy, Spikes the run stuffer, Hightower the versatile playerr who I for one would frikin love to see rush the passer a few plays.

I don't understand the negativity against Hightower, he had 11 tackles and a qb hit. He limited the jets run game until the 4rth qtr when we were worried about rex gambling deep against us for the game winner. He got burnt a few times trying to cover a RB or TE but at 270 pounds I would say no chit.

Mayo is a bigger loss then any player not named Tom Brady. Including VW.

Doesn't look good for us this year, as the defense has taken too many hits already. We would need Collins to make a tremendous jump his rookie year.

WHERE WAS FLETCHER?????? I think we need a coverage LBer no????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Hightower is 6ft3  270 pounds????? Um, yeah, he shouldn't be playing in space. Mayo was the cover guy, Spikes the run stuffer, Hightower the versatile playerr who I for one would frikin love to see rush the passer a few plays.

I don't understand the negativity against Hightower, he had 11 tackles and a qb hit. He limited the jets run game until the 4rth qtr when we were worried about rex gambling deep against us for the game winner. He got burnt a few times trying to cover a RB or TE but at 270 pounds I would say no chit.

Mayo is a bigger loss then any player not named Tom Brady. Including VW.

Doesn't look good for us this year, as the defense has taken too many hits already. We would need Collins to make a tremendous jump his rookie year.

WHERE WAS FLETCHER?????? I think we need a coverage LBer no????

I agree with your comment "Where was Fletcher" because he's way faster than Hightower and certainly better in coverage, but I disagree with you about Mayo being "a cover guy". Mayo certainly is a tacking machine but he has also struggled trying to cover tight ends. They always seemed to get good separation from him whenever they wanted. The problem is compounded by the fact that our safeties seldom are able to break up passes across the middle or in the flat. And when you rarely get pressure up front receivers just get way too much separation and make easy grabs.