Yes or No: Edelman will reach 1000 receiving yards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Yes or No: Edelman will reach 1000 receiving yards

Jules won't hit 1k.  People will say it is a good thing because it means Brady spread the ball around.  No, it's just that Jules doesn't have 1k in him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Jules won't hit 1k.  People will say it is a good thing because it means Brady spread the ball around.  No, it's just that Jules doesn't have 1k in him.

JE will hit 1000+ if Tom wants him too. Rico? You took a full day off after getting busted I see. Thats not like you. Lets leave it at that. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No cause after this week we'll have the AFCE sewn up and the last couple games if theres nothing on the like for the #2 seed these guys will be shut down till the playoffs. I'm glad Edleman had a good year but if we pick up a PR in the draft he may not be needed as just a receiver.Here are the FA wr's for 2014

Name  Team  Prior APY    5Anquan Boldin   49ers   $8,333,333 Devin Hester Bears $5,489,006 Santana Moss Redskins $5,000,000 Jacoby Jones Ravens $3,250,000 James Jones Packers $3,233,333 Jeremy Maclin Eagles $2,875,000 Darrius Heyward-Bey Colts $2,500,000 Emmanuel Sanders Steelers $2,500,000 Hakeem Nicks Giants $2,215,000 Jerome Simpson Vikings $2,100,000 Kenny Britt Titans $1,830,002 Mario Manningham 49ers $1,800,000 Jerricho Cotchery Steelers $1,500,000 Dexter McCluster Chiefs $1,325,000 Domenik Hixon Panthers $1,200,000 Ted Ginn Panthers $1,100,000 Kevin Walter Titans $1,005,000 Plaxico Burress Steelers $1,005,000 Ben Tate Bengals $966,000 Brandon Stokley Ravens $940,000 Kassim Osgood 49ers $940,000 Andre Caldwell Broncos $900,000 Brandon LaFell Panthers $869,600 Damian Williams Titans $864,063 Golden Tate Seahawks $852,875 Josh Cribbs Jets $840,000 Eric Decker Broncos $828,788 Jacoby Ford Raiders $787,211 Louis Murphy Giants $780,000 Michael Spurlock Lions $780,000 Julian Edelman Patriots $765,000 Kevin Ogletree Lions $715,000 Lavelle Hawkins Chargers $715,000 Robert Meachem Saints $715,000 Tiquan Underwood Buccaneers $715,000 Taylor Price Jaguars $661,145 Marlon Moore Dolphins $630,000 Seyi Ajirotutu Chargers $630,000 Tandon Doss Ravens $555,000 Riley Cooper Eagles $527,870 Kyle Williams Chiefs $504,838 Dezmon Briscoe Redskins $485,000

[/QUOTE]

WOW  Tiquan Underwood makes about $100k less than Eric Decker, I rip players for holding out but if I was Decker I'd think about it, is he a FA next year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

It'll be close, but I think he'll end up a bit short of a 1000 yards. But would love to see him get there. Regardless he has earned a lot of respect, and deserves a paycheck next year.
    There has been a lot of talk about JE in the last couple of years, but IMO this year he is only second to Brady as the teams MVP. Talib of course was on pace to our MVP untill the injury.

JE has been on the field all season and productive both as a WR and a PR even when the offense was off to a slow start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If it helps the pat's win games and get the #1 or #2 seed great. If not then it really isn't relevant one way or the other except for his personal stats for contract push.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

for me 1000 yards is irrelevant. I am more interested in can he stay on the field, and what is his value go forward? he is 1 year younger than Amendola, has the exact amounts of TD's (8) in their careers, and he has played more games than Amendola over his career. Plus he returns punts. why isnt he signing a contract equal or greater than Amendola? I cannot see any way he is back with the Pats next year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    JE will hit 1000+ if Tom wants him too. Rico? You took a full day off after getting busted I see. Thats not like you. Lets leave it at that. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh zip it pretender!  Why dont you go do some Hot Carls and rusty trombones with your two followers here.  Im sure you would like that.  This place is over your head, why are you here.  The dreamer section is where you should be hanging out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No cause after this week we'll have the AFCE sewn up and the last couple games if theres nothing on the like for the #2 seed these guys will be shut down till the playoffs. I'm glad Edleman had a good year but if we pick up a PR in the draft he may not be needed as just a receiver.Here are the FA wr's for 2014

NameTeamPrior APY  5Anquan Boldin 49ers $8,333,333 Devin Hester Bears $5,489,006 Santana Moss Redskins $5,000,000 Jacoby Jones Ravens $3,250,000 James Jones Packers $3,233,333 Jeremy Maclin Eagles $2,875,000 Darrius Heyward-Bey Colts $2,500,000 Emmanuel Sanders Steelers $2,500,000 Hakeem Nicks Giants $2,215,000 Jerome Simpson Vikings $2,100,000 Kenny Britt Titans $1,830,002 Mario Manningham 49ers $1,800,000 Jerricho Cotchery Steelers $1,500,000 Dexter McCluster Chiefs $1,325,000 Domenik Hixon Panthers $1,200,000 Ted Ginn Panthers $1,100,000 Kevin Walter Titans $1,005,000 Plaxico Burress Steelers $1,005,000 Ben Tate Bengals $966,000 Brandon Stokley Ravens $940,000 Kassim Osgood 49ers $940,000 Andre Caldwell Broncos $900,000 Brandon LaFell Panthers $869,600 Damian Williams Titans $864,063 Golden Tate Seahawks $852,875 Josh Cribbs Jets $840,000 Eric Decker Broncos $828,788 Jacoby Ford Raiders $787,211 Louis Murphy Giants $780,000 Michael Spurlock Lions $780,000 Julian Edelman Patriots $765,000 Kevin Ogletree Lions $715,000 Lavelle Hawkins Chargers $715,000 Robert Meachem Saints $715,000 Tiquan Underwood Buccaneers $715,000 Taylor Price Jaguars $661,145 Marlon Moore Dolphins $630,000 Seyi Ajirotutu Chargers $630,000 Tandon Doss Ravens $555,000 Riley Cooper Eagles $527,870 Kyle Williams Chiefs $504,838 Dezmon Briscoe Redskins $485,000

[/QUOTE]

Are you advocating getting a PR in the draft to replace the leagues best PR in Edelman? 

That is a nice list of who is available, but if thompkins, Dobson and Boyce continue to develop, then my vote is to just resign Edelman and his does double duty like this year. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see another wr taken in the draft that has done PR duties in college. We don't know if JE will be able to be signed as cheap as he is now. The price should go up because he's earned it. I'm not sold on his durability and we're in a position that if he goes down now we chould really hurt special teams production. If we keep him fine, as a PR. Theres much better options as a wr. I'd like to revisit Sanders from the Steelers.

[/QUOTE]

If bb is going to shell out 2-4m for a guy like sanders, I would rather he give it to Edelman. I think Edelman is a better receiver and still the best PR guy in the league. He is a threat to take it back every time. That tome is valuable. He changes the field position game dramatically. 

As far as drafting a WR...I am not for it next year. Spend time developing Dobson, thompkins and Boyce. Also, TJ Moe will be playing next year and I think he will develop into a nice slot WR. 

Next year should be spent on lines , both DT and OL.

[/QUOTE]

Nice post - couldn't agree more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Oh zip it pretender!  Why dont you go do some Hot Carls and rusty trombones with your two followers here.  Im sure you would like that.  This place is over your head, why are you here.  The dreamer section is where you should be hanging out.

Triple OG nailed you, TFB12, with this Rico disguise. Clear as day! At a minimum you are TFB12's domestic partner if not the fraud TFB12. Come on, its ok. Being that you are from San Fran must make your alternative lifestyle a bit more comfortable. Its all good. Hate on me, JE, DA. I guess we arent as cute to you as TOMMY or WESSIE. Please. Drop the game. No one thinks that Rico comes to your rescue as an actual Pats fan. Youre on the West Coast, and obviously so is this Rico Based on his posting timeframes. He has identical POVs about everything. He protects you against EVERYONE ON EVERY TOPIC. He references your historical posts off the top of his head and even references TFB12 in many. Really? You may be liked by some here but not for your football acumen. You know nothing about the technical aspects of the game yet Rico, a stranger defends you? GET A LIFE TFB12. Dont be embarrassed! Nobody knows who you really are except for you of course, psycho. Oh, and of course Rico, your BFF. You are something else.  You certainly arent a real PATRIOTS fan, nor is RICO. YOU ARE HERE TO DEFEND PLAYERS WHO ARENT PATRIOTS even to the detriment of your "favorite" team's players. THAT IS T A REAL FAN. Say we are Homers all you want. If you understood that die hard fans are innately Homers, you might get it. You are a fraud in every sense. Now get on the trolley and tell Carl Mauldin hi from all of us On the East Coast.  Loser. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Triple OG nailed you, TFB12, with this Rico disguise. Clear as day! At a minimum you are TFB12's domestic partner if not the fraud TFB12. Come on, its ok. Being that you are from San Fran must make your alternative lifestyle a bit more comfortable. Its all good. Hate on me, JE, DA. I guess we arent as cute to you as TOMMY or WESSIE. Please. Drop the game. No one thinks that Rico comes to your rescue as an actual Pats fan. Dont be embarrassed! Nobody knows who you really are except for you of course, psycho. 

[/QUOTE]

Everyone on here is still waiting to hear who you used to play for.  Dreamer! A former player can't be as stupid as you are unless you were the dumbest player ever. 

You know you want to pretend you played on a ball team so you could watch all the sweaty guys in the shower.  Im sure if I ever visit San Fran you would be there in all your gay glory.  You like glory, dont you.  Glory hole!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Triple OG nailed you, TFB12, with this Rico disguise. Clear as day! At a minimum you are TFB12's domestic partner if not the fraud TFB12. Come on, its ok. Being that you are from San Fran must make your alternative lifestyle a bit more comfortable. Its all good. Hate on me, JE, DA. I guess we arent as cute to you as TOMMY or WESSIE. Please. Drop the game. No one thinks that Rico comes to your rescue as an actual Pats fan. Dont be embarrassed! Nobody knows who you really are except for you of course, psycho. 

[/QUOTE]

Everyone on here is still waiting to hear who you used to play for.  Dreamer! A former player can't be as stupid as you are unless you were the dumbest player ever. 

You know you want to pretend you played on a ball team so you could watch all the sweaty guys in the shower.  Im sure if I ever visit San Fran you would be there in all your gay glory.  You like glory, dont you.  Glory hole!

[/QUOTE]

HaHaHa! You are in major meltdown mode TFB12/Rico. As for your gay terminology, please translate to real language. I'm a real hetero and dont know what any of it means. But you seem to be reeling off plenty as though its second nature. "Hot carl, rusty trombone" etc.? Speak hetero please. OG AND I GOT YOU TFB12. Several others see it now. Go dupe another group of unsuspecting men you kook. loL! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Guys, please stay on topic. I don't want this thread to be turned into another back and forth between a couple posters...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HaHaHa! You are in major meltdown mode TFB12/Rico. As for your gay terminology, please translate to real language. I'm a real hetero and dont know what any of it means. But you seem to be reeling off plenty as though its second nature. "Hot carl, rusty trombone" etc.? Speak hetero please. OG AND I GOT YOU TFB12. Several others see it now. Go dupe another group of unsuspecting men you kook. loL! 

[/QUOTE]

I am sure you know what they mean rally.  I am sure the players took turns on you, right hot carl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Guys, please stay on topic. I don't want this thread to be turned into another back and forth between a couple posters...

you got it Ayyy. I will leave TFB12/Rico to his own demise. GO JE! Go DA! Go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

you got it Ayyy. I will leave TFB12/Rico to his own demise. GO JE! Go DA! Go Pats!

Since when has it EVER happened in which ANY discussion on this board DID NOT turn into a pi**ing contest between a few "certain" posters??!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you got it Ayyy. I will leave TFB12/Rico to his own demise. GO JE! Go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

I do believe rally is hitting on me.  Sorry rally but I am not into that.  Maybe jules is, have you tried him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since when has it EVER happened in which ANY discussion on this board turned into a pi**ing contest between a few "certain" posters??!!!!

[/QUOTE]

At the end of the day, if JE does not get 1000+, it will prove out that oir offense has used a more balanced offense run/pass AND was able to integrate several receivers. This is the best scenario. Otherwise, if JE does go for 1000+, it will likely result in a less diverse offense with more chance of underachieving in the post season, similar to what we have seen in recent seasons lately. The name of the game for an NFL DC is to identify the opponent's tells and tendancies. We got caught with our O being so Wes dependant in the past. Tommy and Bill are making a concious effort to not do it again this year. JE could do it, and we still have success. But, the stronger strategy would be to spread as much as you can, even if it means checking down in non critical play situations. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since when has it EVER happened in which ANY discussion on this board turned into a pi**ing contest between a few "certain" posters??!!!!

[/QUOTE]

At the end of the day, if JE does not get 1000+, it will prove out that oir offense has used a more balanced offense run/pass AND was able to integrate several receivers. This is the best scenario. Otherwise, if JE does go for 1000+, it will likely result in a less diverse offense with more chance of underachieving in the post season, similar to what we have seen in recent seasons lately. The name of the game for an NFL DC is to identify the opponent's tells and tendancies. We got caught with our O being so Wes dependant in the past. Tommy and Bill are making a concious effort to not do it again this year. JE could do it, and we still have success. But, the stronger strategy would be to spread as much as you can, even if it means checking down in non critical play situations. 

[/QUOTE]

You dont know what you are talking about.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

?????  So, RallyC, are you implying a team SHOULD NOT have ANY 1,000+ yard receivers as it implies the team relied too much on passing and to that one player?  For all we know, the "in the air" yardage may have been 500 while the YAC put the total over 1,000.  Too narrow of a view point here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

?????  So, RallyC, are you implying a team SHOULD NOT have ANY 1,000+ yard receivers as it implies the team relied too much on passing and to that one player?  For all we know, the "in the air" yardage may have been 500 while the YAC put the total over 1,000.  Too narrow of a view point here.

Excellent point Bill. Let me clarify. Targets =opportunities for catches= opportunities to gain YAC, but more importantly it means player develpment for our very young receiving corps who need to be big in the play-offs for us to go all the way. In the play-offs the game speeds back up for the emotionally charged, inexperienced WRs that we have along with all the other youth. It is certainly very possible for JE TO GET 1000+ and the Pats maintain balance offensively while distributing the ball effectively, but not likely. To have all of that, JE would have to significantly increase YAC, OR MAINTAIN a high per game target rate. The latter would decrease opportunities for valuable player development experience and is not conduscive for their individual post game successes later on when the pressure and speed of the game picks back up for them, especially emotionally. BALANCE and equitable distribution of targets are critical for young players to get ready for the big games. 1000+ yard pass WRs and a reasonable run/pass BALANCE are rare for any team to have at the same time. We need balance and to spread the targets around. If we do all that and JE still gets 1000+, we're in for yet another great run!. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Clearly he has a good chance but it comes down to opportunities: the weather and the D both will affect the result. If Dobson and Thomkins are not on the field or have reduced time that makes it more likely of course. But it is a fantasy football type question really. I dont care about the outcome so much. 

I would rather see TB hitting on more and a higher percentage of deep throws in the next four games than caring about who gets the ball. And the only real concerns are:

1. winning out so we might have a shot at #1 seed

2. no injuries

But hey, do you all recall how many here were ragging on Edelman before the season, especially after we lost Wes? Or is it how soon we forget (when we jump to omnipotent judgement)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly he has a good chance but it comes down to opportunities: the weather and the D both will affect the result. If Dobson and Thomkins are not on the field or have reduced time that makes it more likely of course. But it is a fantasy football type question really. I dont care about the outcome so much. 

I would rather see TB hitting on more and a higher percentage of deep throws in the next four games than caring about who gets the ball. And the only real concerns are:

2. no injuries

But hey, do you all recall how many here were ragging on Edelman before the season, especially after we lost Wes? Or is it how soon we forget (when we jump to omnipotent judgement)?

[/QUOTE]

Portfolio, who could forget?!!! The guy is the most versitile player on the team who has shown flashes of brilliance for some time coming into this season. As it stands today, I would say that behind Tommy, JE is the most valuable playe on this team right now. Only those who don't know how to truly evaluate football ability and recognize how a particular player contributes to the whole of the team were ragging him. Sure, the guy had some injury issues, and I think that was the true catalyst behind the criticism. But when were trying to minimize his abilities as they compared to Wes, that was simply the perspective of those who love front runners (fruad Patriots fans and those who loved Wes a littel too much.) JE is the better all around athlete and has a chance to be more significant as a part of the team. We are seeing it before our very eyes. Dude's got SICK GAME! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2. no injuries

[/QUOTE]

Portfolio, who could forget?!!! The guy is the most versitile player on the team who has shown flashes of brilliance for some time coming into this season. As it stands today, I would say that behind Tommy, JE is the most valuable playe on this team right now. Only those who don't know how to truly evaluate football ability and recognize how a particular player contributes to the whole of the team were ragging him. Sure, the guy had some injury issues, and I think that was the true catalyst behind the criticism. But when were trying to minimize his abilities as they compared to Wes, that was simply the perspective of those who love front runners (fruad Patriots fans and those who loved Wes a littel too much.) JE is the better all around athlete and has a chance to be more significant as a part of the team. We are seeing it before our very eyes. Dude's got SICK GAME! 

[/QUOTE]

He is a real football player! THough I think Gronk is more valuable because he brings the most GRONK to the field, Julian is fun to watch and really nice to have.