YES or NO, will RIDLEY be INACTIVE next week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

YES or NO, will RIDLEY be INACTIVE next week?

i vote YES! HE'S now the JONAH of running backs. also, that premature excitation showboating wave to the crowd cant help him after a 9 yard run. thats part of the issue, no humility. once he does that, its like he just relaxes the next series or so as his carelessness and bad karma rise up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Re: YES or NO, will RIDLEY be INACTIVE next week?

He will be active because they need the depth.

You can bench him but why--because of a couple of fumbles? It's not like he was the only one that fumbled in that frigid weather. I dare say that most backs would have fumbled based on the conditions and the shot of the helmet hitting the ball in just the right spot.

Someone should talk with him about his post run antics---that doesn't endear him to many people: ..."act like you've been there before." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Considering almost everyone who touched the ball last night from both teams fumbled, I think he deserves a mulligan on that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

no

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

He just needs a simple adjustment -- stop trying to stiff arm in traffic, and put that second arm around the ball -- and he'll be a good RB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

No, he to talented we need him to call tiki barber and use his techniques. He went from always fumbling to never

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Or use KF's arm band (unless it's been banned)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley BLOWS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have been calling Ridley out for fumbles all along.  I think he is a talented runner though.  Adrian Peterson had 19 or 20 fumbles his first 3 season, seems to have fixed it after that.  I am surprised the RB coaches have not got this fixed yet.  Will he be able to fix it?  Would love to see him turn it around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i vote YES! HE'S now the JONAH of running backs. also, that premature excitation showboating wave to the crowd cant help him after a 9 yard run. thats part of the issue, no humility. once he does that, its like he just relaxes the next series or so as his carelessness and bad karma rise up!

[/QUOTE]

Like I said last week, they NEED to phase him out. They Cant De-activate him cuz he needed for depth and all of that,but he should be made to suit up and SIT until he GETS IT! Thats 2 weeks in a row. He is gonna be in witness protection for a while

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been calling Ridley out for fumbles all along.  I think he is a talented runner though.  Adrian Peterson had 19 or 20 fumbles his first 3 season, seems to have fixed it after that.  I am surprised the RB coaches have not got this fixed yet.  Will he be able to fix it?  Would love to see him turn it around.

[/QUOTE]

Not happening. Born a fumbler, will die a fumbler.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

I think he stays.  He gets pumped on the field--I like that.  I also like the fact that he accepts responsibility for his failures---AND THEN does not sit and pout on the sideline.  He stayed engaged in the game and was encouraging his teammates--especially the backs.  I can work w/a guy like that.  If he sulked or cried victim he would be axed.  He wants to win--and does not put himself above the team.  But, they have some work to do w/him w/ball security--to say the least!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he stays.  He gets pumped on the field--I like that.  I also like the fact that he accepts responsibility for his failures---AND THEN does not sit and pout on the sideline.  He stayed engaged in the game and was encouraging his teammates--especially the backs.  I can work w/a guy like that.  If he sulked or cried victim he would be axed.  He wants to win--and does not put himself above the team.  But, they have some work to do w/him w/ball security--to say the least!

[/QUOTE]

He BLOWS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Inactive...NO

Riding the pine....YES!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depends.  Who would they activate if they deactivate him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Need to keep him; he has too much potential.

As painful as they all have been, not every funble was his fault.  Coach him up on keeping control of the ball.  Use him sparingly to help him get his confidence back.

If hr can lose the fumbles, we can ride him to the Suberbowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I would try everything in my playbook and power to try and run the score up next week and get up a 3-4 score game in the 4th next week.  Then bring him in to try to regain confidence in him, and have him regain confidence in himself.  He's on cleanup duty for a while, I can't see him starting next week.  Mostly because you can't preach "do your job", and then keep giving the rock to some guy who clearly isn't doing his job.  So to send a clear message to other players, you have to buy into your own message here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In answer to the basic question, Ridley will be active next week.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

running game will be the key the next 2 months...  we need Ridley, vareen, blount and Bolden.

ALSO CANNON

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 1m

Tedy Bruschi in his chat: "As poorly as [Stevan] Ridley has been protecting the football, they will need him to win a championship."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He will be active. In part because of the conditions last night. In part because they will give him a chance to prove himself and bench him again if he fumbles.

What I fail to understand is why the coaches do not demand that he use two hands while in traffic, before he is through the hole or before he is hit while running downfield.

It is not rocket science. THe coaches need to take some responsibility for not taking him in hand and coaching him up on this one point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not happening. Born a fumbler, will die a fumbler.

[/QUOTE]

Wow this is some real depth here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The guy has one glaring, deadly problem. But it is solvable. THe coaches should take a more aggressive posture in dealing with it... besides just sitting him down.

We are a much better team when he is rotating with Vereen and playing hard. ANd not fumbling. He will improves our chances of winning a SB if he can hold on to the ball and so also keep himself on the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy has one glaring, deadly problem. But it is solvable. THe coaches should take a more aggressive posture in dealing with it... besides just sitting him down.

We are a much better team when he is rotating with Vereen and playing hard. ANd not fumbling. He will improves our chances of winning a SB if he can hold on to the ball and so also keep himself on the field.

[/QUOTE]

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

boy, tough question.  I think Commy hit the nail with the term "Jonah."

I don't even know if it matters whether the coaches and Ridley can solve his problems; what do his teammates think?  That's what matters.  He's been instrumental in 2 big losses (one an elimination game), almost a 3rd, in the last 10 months.

Not sure how that doesn't kill the trust dynamic with his peers.  Ghost seems to have turned it around, so we'll see - but I'm pretty skeptical.