Yin and Yang Battering Rams!!! Blount and Develin!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snaffew. Show Snaffew's posts

Yin and Yang Battering Rams!!! Blount and Develin!

They both have had tremendous, eye popping and powerful runs for a score this year that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up with awe and pride.  These two players have the drive, determination, size and skill set to power through the most clogged of defensive lines and emerge scraped, bruised and victorious.  Opposing defenses will be forced to game plan for short yardage and goal line situations based on these 2 players alone.  I think Belichick would be wise to start assembling formations that include both of these beasts on the field at the same time daring defenses to stop them.  "Here we are, we are coming down your throat...go ahead and try to stop us!" Many thanks to them and the rest of the hard working Pats for never giving up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Yin and Yang Battering Rams!!! Blount and Develin!

Agree.  Delvin's TD was just sheer power and determination.  Awesome to watch.  I hope they continue to work him in a little more down the stretch.  I think they will.  I feel like BB might be holding a few wrinkles back for the playoffs.  We'll see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I've gone over to this side of the fence, initially I wanted Bolden to start, but I'd like to see what would happen if we feed Blount the rock, he seems like the kind who would get stronger as the game wore on and Vereen would provide the change of pace.  He is a lot like Antwoin Smith, nothing flashy, just a lunch pail guy and big... considering our defensive limitations it might be wise to morph into a ball hogging, time of possession type offense.  I still think we could score points in bushels if need be but we could also win the close ones...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Snaffew's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They both have had tremendous, eye popping and powerful runs for a score this year that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up with awe and pride.  These two players have the drive, determination, size and skill set to power through the most clogged of defensive lines and emerge scraped, bruised and victorious.  Opposing defenses will be forced to game plan for short yardage and goal line situations based on these 2 players alone.  I think Belichick would be wise to start assembling formations that include both of these beasts on the field at the same time daring defenses to stop them.  "Here we are, we are coming down your throat...go ahead and try to stop us!" Many thanks to them and the rest of the hard working Pats for never giving up.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Some here are sour on blount and i dont like him on kickoffs but as a runner he runs with purpose. Slow to the hole but can run over guys and once out in the open has surprising speed and # 1 for me. Guys dont wanna tackle him. Much better  than using the 5'8" welker as an extension of the run game cuz no defenders are gonna get tired of smacking him around. Now when we want to run, we can run instead of throwing a bubble screen. Thats how you wear a team down and then let the best playaction passer in the game work his magic. Ive liked Develin since preseason and was glad they decided to go with a FB this year. The results have been positive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've gone over to this side of the fence, initially I wanted Bolden to start, but I'd like to see what would happen if we feed Blount the rock, he seems like the kind who would get stronger as the game wore on and Vereen would provide the change of pace.  He is a lot like Antwoin Smith, nothing flashy, just a lunch pail guy and big... considering our defensive limitations it might be wise to morph into a ball hogging, time of possession type offense.  I still think we could score points in bushels if need be but we could also win the close ones...

[/QUOTE]

I think its good to be able to be both. Situational by game. Obviously in postseason it may be better to utilize smashmouth. Earlier in the year they made the mistake of running Blount the same way Ridley was used on stretch plays. Blount needs power sets and when they showed that a few weeks ago I knew they were finally serious about it and unfortunately it came at the expense of Ridley who will be spectating until he gets it. I believe Develin not only is better at ball security but also may be a better catcher out the backfield than Ridley. The Riddler will be lucky to get any carries in postseason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who doesn't like a FB who uses a neck roll?  Be wary of Blount. He shows flashes of good running, sometimes has problems running inside, and he has a higher fumble rate than Ridley.

[/QUOTE]

His high fumble rate is not from being in N.E. People are taking his numbers from Tampa and saying he is more likely to fumble but not taking into account that Blount is not the same runner and has made a cognizant effort to protect the ball. In Tampa, you would see him hurdling defenders atleast once a game. He has done it ONCE since coming here and coughed it up and I havent seen him leave the ground since. Ridley should take notes. Blount already lost his job once, so he is aware now and I trust him. Ridley....not so much. He needs to know he isnt needed, then maybe he changes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Given the D's limitations, that's exactly why they can't afford to morph into a ball hogging D.

The others teams will be the ball hogging offense and they won't be able to score as much with limited possessions against a better defense.  See SB 46, Jets game,kc game, panthers game.  All limited possessions, limited scoring, horrendous Defensive ToP and losses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'd like to see more Devlin pounding the line