You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...

In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : He doesn't get it.  You can't sit here with this O LIne, the best 3 set of RBs we've had since Dillon, Faulk and Larry Centers in 2004, and say we can't run. This O LIne and TEs are BETTER than that one in 2004. FACT Gronkowski blows Graham away and Hernandez is clearly better than Fauria. Light is Light, Mankins is superior to that of Andruzzi, Connolly is as solid as Koppen, Waters is at least on par if not more talented than Neal, and obviously either Vollmer or Solder are superior to that of Ashworth, Gorin, etc.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

A scrub is better than Neal? Mankins has been a turnstyle more than once in the playoffs. Graham was known as one of the best blocking TEs in the league. Light is old.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]They're under more pressure to be perform consistently with a shotgun/spread base and they have more talent than those lines. Capiche?

So, anyway, I thought you thought Hoodie was the greatest coach around. I'm curious. Why are you bashing his approach to offense? Don't you "in Bill we trust"?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : Light is old, but he's quietly very good and consistent, plus, Einstein, he's been here since 2001. He's easily the same player he was back then. What "scrub" are you talking about compared to Neal?

I was unclear on the scrub. That would be our center, not Neal's replacement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : YEah, I think he's making a mistake there. He's foolish to think that they can gameplan against good or elite front 7s with a base spread/shotgun, unless you know by system, against a Pitt for example, that it works. That's right. He's at fault, too. He's the coach.  He, too, along with O'brien need to slap Brady if in fact it is Brady who just wants to pass and pass and pass. He's still the greatest coach around, though, and it's not debatable. Just like with our flaws on D, he'll address the flaws on O. When he dealt Moss last year, it told me he acknowledged that flaw on offense, so I am assuming he'll addresss it now here in this game.

I think coach Hoodie is using the O as best he can given a feeble run blocking line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : You've taken the bait (anti-BB media bait) and will likely be embarrassed by this post come December. Your choice. BB should have been executive of the year after that draft last year, and you're logic is to take Chris Gasper/Felger and Mazz's bait? Sure you want to do that? He was coach of the year last year. Why can't Brady avoid turning it over 4 times on the road in a 70% pass first offense with no balance?

I think you're concerned about looking great with statements now so you can say I told you so at the end of the year. You made enough statements last year to the effect of just wait and see and they'll prove you wrong and win a SB and then you'll be sorry.:) Really?

I want this team to win but the Patriot Mystique is waaay long in the tooth. No one is afraid of this team and if you take away the two ridiculously easy blow outs they seem to get every year where everyone pads their stats they're not that good.

I filter what the sports writers say so I'm not falling into any traps. Here's what I see: worse O line than last year, worse D line than last year, LB corps just stinks like always and the secondary who takes the blame for everything.  Part of falling in love with the long ball is interceptions. How many INTs on long bombs do you want to see Brady throw this year? How many medium passes willget intercepted because they can't run the ball better or it dissapears when they need it. I guess that's my main problem; a guy looks good one play then dissapears like Deion Branch. BB keeps putting money into the D line and this place used to be Linebacker U. He lost faith in the LBs and added one more to the D line to hide the problem, but the D line can't do any better. I'm convinced now that BB is a gambler and when it all works right you have a SB, when it doesn't work right you get the last 7 years with a SB. This used to be an underdog team other teams looked past. Now they're highly scrutinized and sometimes BB just doesn't have any answers to the opposition.

I have absolutely nothing to feel good about with the Pats right now. Of course anything can happen and I'm still a fan but a peeed fan. T/O, penalties, lack of talent and general suckiness in crucial situations have been the hallmark of this team for a long time. Remember when Brady gave the playoff game to Denver back in 2005? He may not throw lots of INTs but he loves throwing them in the red zone or during season altering moments. They are NOT a "mystique" team any more. If BB can't find a pass rusher by next year he probably needs to move along because they're not going to win without one. There's no more excuses its been FOREVER since 2004.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...:
    [QUOTE]Tedy Bruschi, appearing on NFL32, said the Patriots have "the worst defense in the league right now." "They can't stop anybody," he said. "They've got the best passing offense, they've got the worst passing defense." http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4704563/video-bruschi-slams-pats-defense While I've been of the opinion that the Pats sink or swim entirely on what kind of day Brady is having, to say the D is the worst in the League?  Wow, I need time to digest that one. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

SO the Pats D plays like dog meat and you blame the messenger? Don't look now but the emperor had no clothes for the first three games.

That doesn't mean they wont get better. But right NOW they are no better and no worse than they have played.

It is my opinion that the greatest part of the problem lies in the front 7 and the pass rush. If there was any pass rush the secondary would have given up less plays and made more picks. I also think the front 7 have been, at times, very bad against the run. And again it starts with the D line. Love has been horrible. THe ends have been mediocre. Except for Wilfork I think the DTs have mostly been fair to poor. Losing Pryor was not good. Haynseworth's slow development here is hurting. And no one knows if he will be a force though we know he could end up being one... and so that aspect could make a big difference down the line.

But face it. Whether you focus on yards, first downs or points the D has been terrible over the first 3 games. It is still very early. But get real - Tedy isn't breaking your heart - this D is.

And I also think BB would be well served to push a little on the pass rush schemes. The Jets pass rush talent is no better than ours. Maybe even worse. But they get some value form the schemes. I grant you have Revis makes a difference in having that flexibility but the Pats should generate more than they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...:
    [QUOTE]Tedy Bruschi, appearing on NFL32, said the Patriots have "the worst defense in the league right now." "They can't stop anybody," he said. "They've got the best passing offense, they've got the worst passing defense." http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4704563/video-bruschi-slams-pats-defense While I've been of the opinion that the Pats sink or swim entirely on what kind of day Brady is having, to say the D is the worst in the League?  Wow, I need time to digest that one. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

someone has to say it

everyone in the media is willing to ignore how bad the Patriots' defense has been just because they can win shootouts with Brady throwing 4 TDs and 350 yards, but their defense has been subpar since 2007

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : SO the Pats D plays like dog meat and you blame the messenger? Don't look now but the emperor had no clothes for the first three games. That doesn't mean they wont get better. But right NOW they are no better and no worse than they have played. It is my opinion that the greatest part of the problem lies in the front 7 and the pass rush. If there was any pass rush the secondary would have given up less plays and made more picks. I also think the front 7 have been, at times, very bad against the run. And again it starts with the D line. Love has been horrible. THe ends have been mediocre. Except for Wilfork I think the DTs have mostly been fair to poor. Losing Pryor was not good. Haynseworth's slow development here is hurting. And no one knows if he will be a force though we know he could end up being one... and so that aspect could make a big difference down the line. But face it. Whether you focus on yards, first downs or points the D has been terrible over the first 3 games. It is still very early. But get real - Tedy isn't breaking your heart - this D is. And I also think BB would be well served to push a little on the pass rush schemes. The Jets pass rush talent is no better than ours. Maybe even worse. But they get some value form the schemes. I grant you have Revis makes a difference in having that flexibility but the Pats should generate more than they are.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Good points in my opinion. I'll disagree with your analysis of the Jets pass rushers. I used to feel the same way, how can they get this much pressure without having pass rushers? Watch them closely, they get a good rush from their inside backers because they know how to blitz (time it, disguise it). Pace is no slouch. They have a very very good set of corners that gives them coverage sacks. This is all things we're lacking right now. Our inside backers aren't good blitzers yet (Mayo and Fletcher). We have no outside threat, unless Anderson and Carter develop into that...which could very well happen, but Cunningham thus far has been a waste of a second round pick. Revis is in a class of his own and Cromartie is a very good player in his own right...McCourtey has struggled, our safeties are inexperienced and Bodden has been hurt. The Jets have some talent on defense, it's not just smoke and mirrors.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

malcolm williams to the rescue? Heard he was one of the very top backups on his college team's secondary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : YEP i'm a shock poster tooo right?...

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Difference is, we still like Tedy.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Tedy went over the top. but he was basing it on stats. 

The big concern is we are 26th in points allowed, the most important defensive stat. 

With our potent offense, we don't need to be in the top 5 or even top 10 in points allowed (though that would be nice), but we need to be somewhere in the top 15 if we want to do anything when it counts. No panic, no blame, no freakout, just facts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart... : No one is saying "who cares about the pass D?". Only idiots buy into ESPN/Chris Gasper school of dramatic writing in this day and age. Our pass D has generated 5 INTs in 3 weeks.  All 5 INTs, with 1 called back last week, have came from a pass rush, forcing balls early or Haynesworth doubleteamed and Wilfork being able to free himself to make a play. ALl of this stuff is ignored because Belichick runs the D, ESPN will attack Belichick, because that is what sells. And that doesn't even count drops by McCourty and Bodden in Week 1. You'd have to be blind to pretend this D didn't bail out this offense in Week 2 in the second half, or even before halftime setting up 3 points from a turnover, or why a 4 INT Brady game is somehow a good game to judge our D from as a whole. This Buffalo is THE WORST game to use an example to pretend the D is the "worst" in the NFL. The only good news is, it can be used a nice teaching game and wake up call.

"yawn"Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

What a stupid thread