Your best guess on the 53 and PS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Your best guess on the 53 and PS

Here's what I have after tonight:

QB (2) -

Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

Tebow misses the cut for me. This was his best game and he was mediocre at best and slightly underperformed Mallett imo. Tebow is a great guy and easy to root for but with only 53 spots you have to consider depth and talent first. Maybe he can hang around Foxboro with a personal QB coach and work on his mechanics for next season but I just can't justify a spot for what would essentially amount to a mascot/buddy type of role for him at this point

WR (6) -

Danny Amendola, Julien Edelman,Matt Slater, Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins

Sims put up a good show last night but not enough to overtake any of the above. With any luck they can sneak him through waivers

TE (4) -

Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Micheal Hoom, Zach Sudfeld

Sudfeld was my sleeper UDFA this season and I've been on him since we've signed him and very glad I hitched my wagon to him. For Fells he played well but not sure he played all that much better than Ballard and since Ballard is the cheaper option I went with him, though I could easily see Fells getting the nod over Ballard too. Gronk is the 53man spot for a couple days which goes to show how important a 53rd spot can mean. It could be the difference between getting Gronk back week 2-3 or having to PuP him to make room for Tebow

RB (5) -

Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, Leon Washington, Brandon Bolden, LaGarrette Blount

Truthfully I thought they were only going to carry 4 and I thought it was going to come down to Bolden vs Blount. To me Blount gets the edge even though Bolden is a STer but with both being out for game 4 that might give insight that both made the team. Washington I could see getting cut but really who else has shown any ability to be a returner this preseason? If for nothing else there is no one behind him to return kicks. If Tebow makes the team this is the 1 area I can see them cutting back to make room.

OL (8) -

Nate Solder, Will Svitek, Seabastian Vollmer, Josh Kline, Marcus Cannon, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Logan Mankins

I think 7 players had it locked up really to me it comes down to McDonald vs Kline and I believe both are PS eligible and I like Kline slightly more

DT (4) -

Vince Wilfork, Joe Vellano, Tommy Kelley, Marcus Forston

This is a really thin line up and feel Vellano makes the squad simply because of a lack of depth. But I could see them rolling with 3 and using Benard and Francis as 3rd down sub DT's

DE (6) -

Justin Francis, Chandler Jones, Rob Nink, Marcus Benard, Micheal Buchanan, Jake Bequette

I think Bequette played just well enough last night to sneak him into another year but short of that I don't think there are many surprises on my list. Cunningham is out but both Benard and Francis can play his role

LB (5)

Jerod Mayo, Dont'a Hightower, Brandon Spikes, Jamie Collins, Dane Fletcher

No real surprises here 

CB (5)

Kyle Arrington, Marquice Cole, Logan Ryan, Alfonzo Dennard, Aqib Talib

I could see them carrying 6 CB's honestly and having Green or Morris in there for depth but I didn't see enough from either on STs to warrent a spot on the roster

S (5)

Devin McCourty, Duron Harmon, Travon Wilson, Steve Gregory, Nate Ebner

Now that last one might come as a shock to everyone but I do think BB wants 10 DB's going into the season give the lack of actually depth and to me Ebner gives more on STs than Green, Morris, or A Wilson. If you are going to have a 10th DB he needs to provide something on STs

ST (3)

Stephen Gostkowski, Danny Aiken, Zoltan Mesko

Mesko beats out Ryan simply because he has more experience, doesn't out kick his coverage, and is a better directional punter

PS (8)

QB TBN, Quetin Sims WR, Chris McDonald G/C, George Winn RB, James Devlin FB, Justin Green CB, Steve Beauharnais LB, Gilbert Pena/Scott Vallone (can't decide) DT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Your best guess on the 53 and PS

Not bad, Eng.  After last night, I agree that things are not looking good for A. Wilson (tip of the cap to rkarp.  He pointed this out weeks ago).  I'd switch Beauharnais in for Bequette, but other than that I like this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pretty good

1) the big question is SS and A Wilson

The debate on this blog is :

A)  Wilson is washed up and cannot fill SS coz of coverage, and hasn't hit hard

or

B) Fits BB's system, is always in position, is a LB in subpackages  (you only have 5 lb's)

We will see what BB thinks soon enough. I know if AW makes it and is seen as deficient that there will be alot of battles here a;; year long- lol

2) I hope Sims gets thru to PS and I am not sure Tarpinian doesn't make it either - again  you only have 5 LBs, and do you ever put a punter on the PS?

3) I was glad that Tebow's last play was a TD

4) Mallett -I think he was the bet we have seen him. I was greatly encouraged. If the unthinkable happens our chnces will go down a ton, but at least i can go into games a little hopeful. I think he showed touch and understanding of the Offense. I thouhgt he it was an INT in the end zone - 1 foot 1 hand - but a very teachable moment. And the deflected INT happesn to every qb. At times I thought he had the motion of TB???

I think there should be a thread to seewhere in this league he would start and where he ranks as a BU qb - He could certainly start on the Jests and win Bufflao with their rookie down

5) Waiver wire is always a wild card

6) Its amazing to me how many times a player is signed,released and resigned and...

7) I feel sad for all the guys taht just don't make it.

8) I find this to be the most interesting non playing event of the year

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Patseng...  I'll take your roster with these changes...

Drop Kline keep tebow.  mallet is not developed enough or tough enough to keep just 2 qbs.  Kline can go PS. With TEs, OL total is 11. 

pup Gronk, keep fells.  4 TEs key for jumbo packages. Give gronk more time to get stronger. 

Drop Slater keep Sims.  Slater's role is in jeopardy.  Sims has more value as WR depth. DBs make good gunners.  Time to say bubye to Jackie for now.

Drop vellano, keep Cunningham.  Providing Cunningham can play and has no injury issue, his experience and production outweigh the undrafted rook.  Vellano would make PS.

you gotta drop a DE. Either Bernard or bequette , I know it's tough but 6 DEs is too many. I would rather have 6 linebackers.  So keep beaujarnais. linebackers play STs.

So here's the breakdown numbers...  QB 3, RB 5, TE4, OL 7...WR 6. . TOT...25.

DEFENSE.... DL 4, DE 5, LB 6, CB 5, S 5... TOT 25.

ST 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

QB: Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, Tim Tebow (3)

Tebow makes it because of ST value and Mallett's inconsistency.

RB: Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, LeGarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden, James Develin (5)

Washington gets cut here as we have plenty of other KR options. Develin's versatility nets him a spot.

WR: Danny Amendola, Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, Julian Edelman, Josh Boyce, Quentin Sims, Matthew Slater (7)

Sims' absolute breakout last night forces us to carry 7 WR's.

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld, Jake Ballard (3)

Gronk avoids the PUP list. Hoomanawanui's spot is taken by Develin.

OL: Logan Mankins, Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder, Ryan Wendell, Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon, Will Svitek (7)

McDonald and Kline

DT: Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Marcus Forston (3)

We choose an extra DE over one more DT at Joe Vellano's expense.

DE: Rob Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Marcus Benard, Justin Francis, Michael Buchanon (5)

Jake Bequette and Jermaine Cunningham are goners.

LB: Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dont'a Hightower, Dane Fletcher, Jamie Collins (5)

Beauharnais goes to the PS.

CB: Aqib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Marquice Cole, Logan Ryan (5)

No surprises here.

S: Devin McCourty, Steve Gregory, Adrian Wilson, Duron Harmon, Nate Ebner, Tavon Wilson (6)

The Wilsons make the team despite down preseasons.

ST: Stephen Gostkowski, Zoltan Mesko, Ryan Allen, Danny Aiken (4)

Out of fear for losing him through waivers, we surprisingly keep Allen on our roster, at least until we can sneak him to the PS. This could be the second coming of Robbie Gould.

PS: QB Clay Belton/Nathan Stanley, RB George Winn, G/C Chris McDonald, CB Justin Green, LB Steve Beauharnais, G/T Josh Kline, DT Joe Vellano, CB Stephon Morris (8)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

QB (2) -

Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

Tebow misses the cut for me. This was his best game and he was mediocre at best and slightly underperformed Mallett imo. Tebow is a great guy and easy to root for but with only 53 spots you have to consider depth and talent first. Maybe he can hang around Foxboro with a personal QB coach and work on his mechanics for next season but I just can't justify a spot for what would essentially amount to a mascot/buddy type of role for him at this point

WR (6) -

Danny Amendola, Julien Edelman,Matt Slater, Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins

Sims put up a good show last night but not enough to overtake any of the above. With any luck they can sneak him through waivers

TE (4) -

Sudfeld was my sleeper UDFA this season and I've been on him since we've signed him and very glad I hitched my wagon to him. For Fells he played well but not sure he played all that much better than Ballard and since Ballard is the cheaper option I went with him, though I could easily see Fells getting the nod over Ballard too. Gronk is the 53man spot for a couple days which goes to show how important a 53rd spot can mean. It could be the difference between getting Gronk back week 2-3 or having to PuP him to make room for Tebow

RB (5) -

Truthfully I thought they were only going to carry 4 and I thought it was going to come down to Bolden vs Blount. To me Blount gets the edge even though Bolden is a STer but with both being out for game 4 that might give insight that both made the team. Washington I could see getting cut but really who else has shown any ability to be a returner this preseason? If for nothing else there is no one behind him to return kicks. If Tebow makes the team this is the 1 area I can see them cutting back to make room.

OL (8) -

Nate Solder, Will Svitek, Seabastian Vollmer, Josh Kline, Marcus Cannon, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Logan Mankins

I think 7 players had it locked up really to me it comes down to McDonald vs Kline and I believe both are PS eligible and I like Kline slightly more

DT (4) -

This is a really thin line up and feel Vellano makes the squad simply because of a lack of depth. But I could see them rolling with 3 and using Benard and Francis as 3rd down sub DT's

DE (6) -

Justin Francis, Chandler Jones, Rob Nink, Marcus Benard, Micheal Buchanan, Jake Bequette

I think Bequette played just well enough last night to sneak him into another year but short of that I don't think there are many surprises on my list. Cunningham is out but both Benard and Francis can play his role

LB (5)

No real surprises here 

CB (5)

I could see them carrying 6 CB's honestly and having Green or Morris in there for depth but I didn't see enough from either on STs to warrent a spot on the roster

S (5)

Now that last one might come as a shock to everyone but I do think BB wants 10 DB's going into the season give the lack of actually depth and to me Ebner gives more on STs than Green, Morris, or A Wilson. If you are going to have a 10th DB he needs to provide something on STs

ST (3)

Mesko beats out Ryan simply because he has more experience, doesn't out kick his coverage, and is a better directional punter

PS (8)

QB TBN, Quetin Sims WR, Chris McDonald G/C, George Winn RB, James Devlin FB, Justin Green CB, Steve Beauharnais LB, Gilbert Pena/Scott Vallone (can't decide) DT

Pretty much the way I see it.  First time I've actually seen Winn in action.  Agree that I don't think he showed quite enough to make the 53-man but definitely PS with some pretty solid potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Patseng...  I'll take your roster with these changes...

Drop Kline keep tebow.  mallet is not developed enough or tough enough to keep just 2 qbs.  Kline can go PS. With TEs, OL total is 11. 

pup Gronk, keep fells.  4 TEs key for jumbo packages. Give gronk more time to get stronger. 

Drop Slater keep Sims.  Slater's role is in jeopardy.  Sims has more value as WR depth. DBs make good gunners.  Time to say bubye to Jackie for now.

Drop vellano, keep Cunningham.  Providing Cunningham can play and has no injury issue, his experience and production outweigh the undrafted rook.  Vellano would make PS.

you gotta drop a DE. Either Bernard or bequette , I know it's tough but 6 DEs is too many. I would rather have 6 linebackers.  So keep beaujarnais. linebackers play STs.

So here's the breakdown numbers...  QB 3, RB 5, TE4, OL 7...WR 6. . TOT...25.

DEFENSE.... DL 4, DE 5, LB 6, CB 5, S 5... TOT 25.

ST 3.

you are only going to keep 7 OL? Don't you think that's terrible thin? You lose one guy and suddenly you can't really sub in players to give other OL rests. Esp considering you are replacing that depth and a 3rd QB who won't see a single snap unless Brady gets hurt.

If Gronk goes on PuP I agree Fells is in but if Gronk can come back week 2 or 3 wouldn't you rather have that one dead roster spot for a couple weeks than to lose Gronk for 6 weeks. Esp considering the first two weeks against the Bills and Jets you might not need Gronk but you could use him after?

1 half for Sims just doesn't do it for me. I'm wondering where he was all preseason prior to the game. He showed flashes but so has a whole host of other WRs people fell in love with in past preseason who ended up getting cut. I need to see more to give Sims the nod. We already have 3 rooks I'm not sure putting 4 on the team is such a great idea. For my money Slater is the better option but I see what you see in Sims too.

I see Benard and Francis giving more and being more productive than Cunningham so if I were to put him on the roster it would be over Bequette. The thing is DT is really thin and I can't imagine giving up a 300+ DT for a 270lb sub role player who would be 3rd or 4th down on the depth chart. The thing is Cunningham looked good prior to the PED suspension but after I haven't seen anything to me that warrents a roster spot at this point.

For the extra LB it all depends on is they are looking more at a 34 or 43. Personally I don't see the personal to run a 34 more often. Minus Wilfork I don't see a good enough NT on the team and I don't see a DE past Kelley I would want to see starting (Jones is too small and more of a elephant LB in a 34). If they are looking at more 43 and more sub 43 packages than having 6 DE's with a couple that can shift to DT on 3rd downs makes more sense because you only need 5 LBs if you are only putting 3 on the field at any time

Good points though and I can see it going how you think

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Looks good PE.

Do you think the Patriots will look to pick up a DB or defensive lineman in the next couple of weeks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Would have to say I have very similar list...

QB (2) -

Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

Same two. Just not sure the quality of depth on the team as a whole affords the luxury of three QB's. Who knows?

WR (6) -

This has pretty much been everyones list for seemingly forever and I see no reason for something different at this point.

TE (4) -

With no one having access to Gronks real expected timeline for return who knows. How soon is he ready for real practice participation vs ready for game action, etc? If they carry him active then yep. I had the same other three. I always had a preference for the "perception (the way he is written about by the beat writers)" of Fells but the Pats always seemed to go to Hooman 1st.

RB (5) -

I could see the Pats keeping LW but I am not sure I would as a distant TV observer. I say just let some combination of Boyce, Slater, Edleman, etc. return kicks. Didn't the league have a drastically reduced number of returns or something last year with so many kicks being kicked deep into or out of the end zone anyway? They eliminated the wedge and I thought the feeling was that they were basically trying to remove the kickoff from the game?

OL (8) -

Would agree or guess that it would come down to those two for a spot and the other poissble to practice squad. I would add the Stankiewitch kid as another possible PS.

DT (4) -

I could see maybe Vellano making it for week 1 and then the Pats possibly finding a vet to replace him whom they did not want to guarntee a salary prior to week 1. If there is someone out there now or after cut downs they like more that is.

DE (6) -

Would they simply consider IRing Cunningham for the season? Hard to know what the Pats really feel about him or what his injury is or how serious/long it will last. It would seem to be him or Bequette. Neither one ever light it up but they do both seem to have good motors at least.

LB (5)

No real surprises here 

I would carry Beauharnis

CB (5)

Same

S (5)

I don't have Ebner on my list but it certainly would not bother me if they keep him. The rest yep.

ST (3)

Conventional wisdom would suggest Mesko because he's been a lil more consistent but who knows. I don't think there has been huge gap and Mesko had his occasional issue when a rookie as well. I could still see it going either way. Ryan stuck 3 inside the 20 in that last game. This is abviously the Robbie Gould situation of punting this season for the Pats. Ryan would be cheaper but Mesko is also really good in the community and I bet that has some weight as well as his performance considering this past offseason the Pats had.

PS (8)

I did not have Devlin on my PS, had one open slot, Had Rivera and not Beauharnis because I had Beau making the team, I had stankiewitch and Vellano because I did not have him making the team. The other guys you had I had. I also had Alan on the PS, sure someone would probably cliam him but I am not going to try and predict any of that and simply focus on the guys I think they would want or hope to keep.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sounds like a very reasonable guess, but BB always seems to surprise us.  I know it's fun to guess, but I'm just waiting to see the actual roster on Saturday (and also watching what happens in the following few days, since the roster always gets tweaked after cut down day).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Sounds like a very reasonable guess, but BB always seems to surprise us.  I know it's fun to guess, but I'm just waiting to see the actual roster on Saturday (and also watching what happens in the following few days, since the roster always gets tweaked after cut down day).

That is so true. We see barely a fraction of everything that goes on so it really should be no surprise that we seem surprised by a move or moves every season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

QB: Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, Tim Tebow (3)

Tebow makes it because of ST value and Mallett's inconsistency.

RB: Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, LeGarrette Blount, Brandon Bolden, James Develin (5)

Washington gets cut here as we have plenty of other KR options. Develin's versatility nets him a spot.

WR: Danny Amendola, Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, Julian Edelman, Josh Boyce, Quentin Sims, Matthew Slater (7)

Sims' absolute breakout last night forces us to carry 7 WR's.

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld, Jake Ballard (3)

Gronk avoids the PUP list. Hoomanawanui's spot is taken by Develin.

OL: Logan Mankins, Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder, Ryan Wendell, Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon, Will Svitek (7)

McDonald and Kline

DT: Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Marcus Forston (3)

We choose an extra DE over one more DT at Joe Vellano's expense.

DE: Rob Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Marcus Benard, Justin Francis, Michael Buchanon (5)

Jake Bequette and Jermaine Cunningham are goners.

LB: Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dont'a Hightower, Dane Fletcher, Jamie Collins (5)

Beauharnais goes to the PS.

CB: Aqib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Marquice Cole, Logan Ryan (5)

No surprises here.

S: Devin McCourty, Steve Gregory, Adrian Wilson, Duron Harmon, Nate Ebner, Tavon Wilson (6)

The Wilsons make the team despite down preseasons.

ST: Stephen Gostkowski, Zoltan Mesko, Ryan Allen, Danny Aiken (4)

Out of fear for losing him through waivers, we surprisingly keep Allen on our roster, at least until we can sneak him to the PS. This could be the second coming of Robbie Gould.

PS: QB Clay Belton/Nathan Stanley, RB George Winn, G/C Chris McDonald, CB Justin Green, LB Steve Beauharnais, G/T Josh Kline, DT Joe Vellano, CB Stephon Morris (8)

I have to say this is a very bold prediction. You go thin DT, thin OL, and only 2 TEs to start the season to carry a 3rd strong QB, an extra punter, and a 7th WR. I have to say it's an interesting choice to say the least. I could see Sims making it over say Washington or Devlin if Sims provided something on STs but I haven't seem much or heard much about him before last nights performance and a half of performance to me isn't enough to carry 7 deep. Allen looks good but carrying 2 punters is essentially having a dead roster spot, same goes for Tebow because you are never going to take Brady off the field for a handful of gimmick plays to justify the roster spot every week (maybe if he was Sanchez or Ponder). So essentially out of the 53 man squad for at least the first couple of weeks you'll have 3 dead roster spots (Tebow, Gronk, Allen) or about 6% of your roster. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

1. Swap Kline

2. Fells or the Devlin for Hooman

3. WHat in the world did you see from Bequette last night?! I saw a guy on the field blowing assignments, not setting the edge at all and not showing much pass rush at all. In total, he showed me no reason to keep him. Now I will say that what BB sees in him during the week and what he thinks his upside is is another story. So maybe they keep him but not based on his play during preseason games.

4. I like Ebner but I suspect he wont make it... but again.. he was veryv ery raw coming here and if BB sees him making progress with enough upside then he might stick too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

QB: Brady, Mallett (2)

RB: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount (5)

WR: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater (6)

TE: Gronk, Ballard, Sudfeld, Huey, Fells (5)

OL: Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Wendell, Cannon, Svitek, Connelly, Kline (8)

DT: Wilfork, Kelly, Fortson, maybe a free agent castoff? (3)

DE: Nink, Jones, Francis, Bequette, Buchanon (5)

LB: Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Collins, Fletcher, Beauharnis (6)

CB: Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole (5)

S: McCourty, A. Wilson, Gregory, Harmon, T. Wilson (5)

ST: Mesko, Ghost, Aiken (3)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Swap Kline

2. Fells or the Devlin for Hooman

3. WHat in the world did you see from Bequette last night?! I saw a guy on the field blowing assignments, not setting the edge at all and not showing much pass rush at all. In total, he showed me no reason to keep him. Now I will say that what BB sees in him during the week and what he thinks his upside is is another story. So maybe they keep him but not based on his play during preseason games.

4. I like Ebner but I suspect he wont make it... but again.. he was veryv ery raw coming here and if BB sees him making progress with enough upside then he might stick too.

Do people really think if Ebner went to the PS (is he availble to go??), would another team run in and clip Nate Ebner off of it?

Christ, what is with people's fixations with these gimmicky conversion players?

I am all for letting the player come in and prove things, but he's looked overwhelmed since he;s been here. He also blew it as the punt protector last year, which isn't exactly rocket science.

[/QUOTE]

Ok...  So Kline stays you drop aTE. Fells would be the fall guy.

Ebner runs a 4.5 and has a 39 inch vertical.  He has a lot of upside to go with his stud ST production.  he shadowed Dustin Keller in the 4th qtr of jets game last year and shut him down completely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Keep Ebner and drop Slater.  Bolden and Washington will be gone as well.  Cunningham cannot make it out of the hot tub.  Sims showed promise last night but I think he ends up on the PS.  Winn will be on PS as well.  I think the extra space will be to keep Fells until Gronk heals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Well now that Fells and Ballard are gone...

QB (3): Brady, Mallet, Tebow

RB (6): Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Bolden, Develin, Winn

WR (6): Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce, Edelman, Dobson, Slater

TE (3): Gronk, Hooman, Sudfeld

OL (7): Solder, Mankins, Wendell, Conolly, Vollmer, Cannon, Svitek

DT (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston, Vellano

DE (5): Jones, Nink, Francis, Buchanon, Bequette

LB (5): Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Collins, Fletcher

CB (5): Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole

S (6): McCourty, Gregory, Harmon, A. Wlson, T. Wilson, Ebner

ST (3): Mesko, Gostkowski, Aiken

I had a lot of trouble picking between T. Wilson, Kline, and Allen for that last spot

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Whelp I already have 2 wrong, Ballard and Benard

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I know you are just cracking a joke but what do you expect.

We see 4 practice games with limited reps for most players.

We don't know their marching orders or the calls. So although most "think" they know what they are watching they really have no idea what a guy is "suppose" to be doing, "exactly", on any given play.

We don't see them in all the practices.

We don't see them in all the meetings.

We don't see them in the training room.

We don't see them in the film room.

We don't know their overall attitude or love of the game.

We don't see how they interact with their teammates.

We don't see how they interact with their position coaches.

We don't see how they interact with BB.

We don't see who might have slightly less physical gifts but never repeats mental mistakes vs the greater athlete who is just to dumb and you can't trust.

We don't know "exactly" what "specific" role BB has envisioned for any particular player in his systems.

We don't know what team doctors or trainers are saying about various guys? (injury waiting to happen? Condition not likely to improve without extended rest? etc?)

We don't know what other players the personnel dept suspects will be cut from other teams deeper rsoters that they feel are upgrades to position personnel deficiencies on this team.

We don't know what their plan/gamble is for post week 1 moves avoiding guaranteed money.

The list goes on... So when you really think about it, as simply a fan, we really do not know Sh|te.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

We don't know their marching orders or the calls. So although most "think" they know what they are watching they really have no idea what a guy is "suppose" to be doing, "exactly", on any given play.

We don't see who might have slightly less physical gifts but never repeats mental mistakes vs the greater athlete who is just to dumb and you can't trust.

We don't know "exactly" what "specific" role BB has envisioned for any particular player in his systems.

We don't know what team doctors or trainers are saying about various guys? (injury waiting to happen? Condition not likely to improve without extended rest? etc?)

We don't know what other players the personnel dept suspects will be cut from other teams deeper rsoters that they feel are upgrades to position personnel deficiencies on this team.

We don't know what their plan/gamble is for post week 1 moves avoiding guaranteed money.

The list goes on... So when you really think about it, as simply a fan, we really do not know Sh|te.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Very good post that everyone should read and take to heart. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yep just cracking a joke, but I do admit when I'm wrong so it's partially that. I can't stand when people make predicts it doesn't happen then they wiggle out of it. But, should be interesting  :p

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yep just cracking a joke, but I do admit when I'm wrong so it's partially that. I can't stand when people make predicts it doesn't happen then they wiggle out of it. But, should be interesting  :p

[/QUOTE]

Eng...  You're only partially wrong... Think of it this way, you were 95% right. Anyway, there is one more day to guess the final 53... (at this juncture).

today's  cuts change the reality so...

Brady, mallett , tebow

Ridley, vereen, Blount, Bolden, Leon.

Solder, mankins, cannon,Connolly,Kline,Vollmer,svitek, wendell.

Sudfeld, Huey

Edelman, amendola, Boyce, Tompkins, Slater,Dobson, Sims.

Wilfork,forston ,Kelly, Cunningham

Bucchannon, Jones, nink, bequette, Francis.

mayo, spikes, Hightower, Collins,  Fletcher, Beauharnais.

Cole, dennard, talib, Arrington, Ryan,

McCourty, Wilson (t), ebner, Harmon, Wilson (a)

St3

that's your 53.  Sorry Gregory, you get cut in favor of A. Wilson.  Trusting his.experience and size on this one .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Best guess for now on 53:

QB (2) Brady, Mallett

RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount

FB(1) Develin

WR (7) Amendola, Dobson, Edelman, Slater, Thompkins, *Sims, Boyce

TE (3) Gronkowski, Sudfeld, Hoomanawanui

C  (1) Wendell

G  (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon

T  (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek

DE (6) Ninkovich, Cunningham, Francis, Bequette, Buchanan, Jones

DT (3) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston

ILB(3) Spikes, Fletcher, Beauharnais

OLB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Collins

CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole

SS (2) Wilson, Wilson

FS (3) McCourty, Gregory, Harmon

ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Mesko

Total players: 53

*Sims maybe switched with OL or DT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

QB (2) Brady, Mallett

RB (6) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount

FB(1) Develin

C  (1) Wendell

SS (2) Wilson, Wilson

Good team, Brasil. I might:

1) Remove T. Wilson and add a DT.

2) Remove Washington , add OL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

QB (2) Brady, Mallett

RB (6) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount

FB(1) Develin

C  (1) Wendell

SS (2) Wilson, Wilson

I agree with most of this except that I believe both Wisons should be cut. I am sure there will be better talent when teams got to or below 53