You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynnluvspats. Show lynnluvspats's posts

Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

Your post is reminiscent of Artie Lang's bit... WAAAA we lost a game.

You are a great dude, oggie man.

We, Patriot fans go into every game expecting to win... and I know, personally I am devastated when we don't.

We didn't just lose this game, we lost badly and that is harder to take. Close loses are hard, loses as Monday nights are killers. I don't know if anyone out there has stats on the Patriots biggest point differential in the last 8 years... I can think of only the 31-0 loss to the Bills on the first game of the season.. 04 0r 05. We rebounded nicely that year, beat the Bills by the same score and won the SuperBowl...

Not getting that kind of feel from the Pats this year, but hey..its one game.. and hopefully, as your email has helped me some today, your team will complete the job of bringing back my faith on Sunday... GO PATS... Still love you, always will... !!!!

In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.   Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend   This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game.  So snap out of it and start giving me some crap. Go Dolphins!!!
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

What's to talk about?  Pats by 27.  Our problem is with elite teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Hit the nail on the head oggieman!

Living here in So FL I have a friend who is a diehard Fins fan.  We talk all the time right after each other's team's games.  The Fins too have a promissing future with your CBs, QB & are putting themselves in position to be VERY good for some years to come too!  It will make the coming years very exciting to watch the AFC and especially our division.

That said, I'm real excited for the game, since my wife & I are going!!! Gonna be tailgating with my friend who's the Fins fan & just enjoy a great day & a great game!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

For the Pats Fans on here, we have a great year still ahead. Some good games and we will make the Play-offs. From there we will see where it goes...Holes in Defense must be fixed. O is fine....

For the Trolls, we know you wan to be us, why else do you come here?
    Get a life stooge.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.  

Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend  

This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game. 

So snap out of it and start giving me some crap.
    Go Dolphins!!!
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

+1 to everything you said.  These people who are freaking out about losing one game drive me insane!! They're a bunch of nut-cases.  I can't wait for Sunday!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gormnh. Show gormnh's posts

I know we all seem to think that the Pats are a division lock already (including the Globe writers)...but I *really* hope that the Pats are thinking about the Fins a lot right now, because if they lose on Sunday then they will only have a one game lead on them. I'm not sure anything is locked up just yet...a win Sunday would go a long way.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

You never know when a team will catch lightning in a bottle. Look at the 2007 New York Giants. Regular season 1-5 versus teams with winning records. Best win versus a 9-7 Washington Redskin team in week 3. Still they got hot in the playoffs and won a Super Bowl. So it happens you just need to get to the playoffs and anything goes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : Hey, oggie, come on over to our side, man! We need some more solid fans here to balance off all the lightweights jumping off the bandwagon after one bad loss!
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Me a pats fan?  Never in a million years.  Make no mistake about it:  I hate the Patriots. With a passion.  Goes back to grogan and then the snow plow and then that first time the Patriots beat Miami in the playoffs after the 1985 season--cold rainy day in South florida at the Orange Bowl that I will never forget.   The only team I hate more is the Jets. But I respect the Patriots and their fans, unlike the Jets and their fans.  I can come here and chat with the enemy; but not at Jets Insider. 

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to Sunday's game.  This is our biggest test.  This game will tell me where we are against the measuring stick e.g. the Patriots. 

I have never missed a game in Miami (except for the few years I lived away from South Florida).  And I love getting into it with Patriots fans.  First thing I do to the pats fans sitting near me is shake their hands and tell them it's all in fun--and then I give it to them and have a good time.  Never been in a fight at a football game--but I have fun giving crap to opposing teams' fans--especially pats and jets fans. 

The pats fans have gotten the best of me in recent times; and I can take it. But I am looking forward to this game because I never give up on my team (well, in the first hour after a loss I give up and hate life and then I realize there's another day).   And I really think we have a chance.  

Throw everything out the window for this one.  Last week's losses by the patriots and dolphins mean nothing.  Injuries mean nothing.  This is going to be a war.  Two teams fighting for their lives and desperate for a win.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]Oggie and Guido, No shrinks needed here. We just saw our defense get Massacred for the 2nd time in 3 weeks and we deserve at least a 2 day mourning period. Most people here will move on to the Dolphins. Oggie, do you have any good dirt on the Phins for us yet? I know Porter has been a good company man so far this week. I saw he had 2.5 sacks in that Bills game and figured he'd be thumping his chest in defeat because he had the good stats. I've been down to Miami a half dozen times over the years for Pats games and the Pats have been 2-4 those days so I'm not any more confident about this game than I was about the Saints.  I am very Happy Brown is out and I saw Ricky's attempt at being a wildcat QB last week so I think they will hold back a tad on that particular play. The Patriots don't usually lose 2 in a row unfortunately for the Dolphins and should bounce back after that embarrassment.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Hey E.W!!!

On Porter, there's a reason he wasn't thumping his chest: he got toasted so bad by the Bills.  Those sacks were coverage sacks.  He can't cover the corner on the run at all and that TD run by Fitzpatrick was all on Joey.  He's a piece of garbage; and I doubt he will be with the Dolphins next year. 

I am still puzzled that he starts and gets a lot of snaps.  Charlie anderson and cameron Wake are so much better.  The only thing I can think of is that Porter brings leadership...hell, I have no idea why he still starts.  Let's put it this way: if he plays as much this week as he did last week, Miami is in trouble. I'll be looking for 55 in the huddle during the game.  The less I see, the  better I'll feel. 

As for the wildcat, the cat ain't the same without Ronnie.   Simple reason: the cat needs the second speedy back to come around for the fake or the end around.  When Ronnie took the snap, and ricky came around, the defenders had to hesitate for a second to see who would have the ball---and that split second of hesitation gave the offensive line the advantage to pop the d line. That split second of hesitation is THE REAL REASON THE WILDCAT IS EFFECTIVE.     With ronnie out, the fins lined up in what looks like a cat formation because ricky is taking a direct snap; but without a speedy big back that's a threat for the fake, they didn't even try to do a fake and ricky just used the formation for running the ball.  Which si still good---but it ain't the Ronnie Brown wildcat. 

We really don't have someone to do the end around.  We got Ms. Ted Ginn--but she doesn't like getting hit and runs out of bounds. We do have a guy named Kory Sheets that played at Purdue.  He hasn't played yet.  But he's fast.  I am a buckeye fan and I remember him from college.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in there.  If Sheets gets in there, the cat could be formidable; if not, it's just going to be a running play and won't be the real strong cat.

Saw the Globe has an article on Pat White possibly throwing it more.  I didn't read it yet.  Please, I hope not.  There's a reason why he hasn't thrown too much: he can't throw-period.  

To be honest, after last week's debacle with OC Henning calling a ricky williams throw out of the cat on the first drive, which was intercepted, I have a gut feeling that this week the fins are going to run a more traditional offense without the gimmicks.  I think the coaches took a lot of heat for that call--and rightfully so.  There is no need to have Ricky throw it in that situation---not after they marched down the field at will. 

And as for the option play run by pat white---forget it.  They ain't going to run that against BB. You saw how that worked out after BB coached it up.  

My bet is that this week the fins are going to put the ball in ricky's hands---and sprinkle in some passes by henne.  And with the exception of possibly seeing Kory Sheets in on the cat, I think you're going to get a lot of Ricky this week.

E.W., I know you said you're happy that Ronnie is out.  But honestly, Ricky is the best running back the Fins have had since Zonk--and I'd love to see what Ricky could have done behind that 70's offensive line.  He's a beast. 
    And watch out for Lex Hillard, who I believe will be a big time NFL back.  He's another bull.  I think you're going to see a lot of double and triple tight ends with some bull rushes--and some play action passes to the tight ends sprinkled in. Fasano came alive last week---and Sperry is the real surprise after he got his first start against the Bucs.  As for receivers, Hartline is coming on strong. He fights to get open and he has good hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Hey oggie, this was an nfc loss, means very little for seeding, the denver and colts loss were much more painful, conference losses kill your season, this Patriot team could be 9-2 and have the inside track on the 2nd bye but instead are 7-4 and will finish 3rd or 4th, all that means is we need 4 playoff wins this year. The Saints won the Superbowl in week 12, so what. Lets see who wins the bigger games in January.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]Hey oggie, this was an nfc loss, means very little for seeding, the denver and colts loss were much more painful, conference losses kill your season, this Patriot team could be 9-2 and have the inside track on the 2nd bye but instead are 7-4 and will finish 3rd or 4th, all that means is we need 4 playoff wins this year. The Saints won the Superbowl in week 12, so what. Lets see who wins the bigger games in January.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

you're right about it being an interconference game.  the conference and division losses are the worst.  And like I said before, the super bowl winner is more than likely the team that gets hot from this point forward.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

EW: One last thing about Ricky. He may have some extra motivation this week.   In 2002, when the Fins lost to the Pats in the last game of the season and missed the playoffs because of that loss, Wanstedt made the worst decision in Miami Dolphins history and took the ball out of ricky's hands late in the 4th quarter, and put it in the hands of Jay Fiedler to go 3 and out on 3 passes in a tied game.  Pats went on to win and end miami's season. 

That was the year ricky ran for over 1800 yards; and he had well over 100 that day against the Pats--I think he had over 100 in the first half.  I have watched a lot of ricky interviews (years ago that is because they have to threaten fines to get him to talk now) and I never saw any emotion out of Ricky. He always looks and talks like he just finished a bong hit. But I saw several times in which he was asked about that 2002 game and the fact that the ball was taken out of his hands in the 4th.  That is the only time I have ever seen him show emotion.  And it wasn't just immediately after the game.  He was asked about that great rushing season several years later and he got angry again when he was asked about that last game.  I think---make that I hope--that somewhere deep down Ricky hasn't forgotten that disprespect.  And now with the season on the line against the patriots again, I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky puts in a strong performance.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]All we have to do is think back to 07' when we got upset by the Giants in the Superbowl...Now is right around the time the Giants started to get hot..or maybe even later, and earlier  that year they werent even talked about as a contender...it was green Bay n Dallas....The Giants got hot at the end of the year, won 3 playoff games on the road, and proceeded to shock us and the rest of the world and spoiled our percect season...I think our motivation should be to do the same thing to the Saints if we see them in the SB and they are undefeated.....SWEEET!!!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Agree it isn't over for the Pats but look at the D the Giants had to win the SB. A fearsome pass rush. Pats D is ordinary with no pass rush. Unless BB is going to unveil something new in the D I would be suprised if the Pats could beat a good team on the road in the playoffs with the current D and schemes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : Hey E.W!!! On Porter, there's a reason he wasn't thumping his chest: he got toasted so bad by the Bills.  Those sacks were coverage sacks.  He can't cover the corner on the run at all and that TD run by Fitzpatrick was all on Joey.  He's a piece of garbage; and I doubt he will be with the Dolphins next year.  I am still puzzled that he starts and gets a lot of snaps.  Charlie anderson and cameron Wake are so much better.  The only thing I can think of is that Porter brings leadership...hell, I have no idea why he still starts.  Let's put it this way: if he plays as much this week as he did last week, Miami is in trouble. I'll be looking for 55 in the huddle during the game.  Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Good stuff Oggie and thanks for the info.
    I will say that no one is more surprised than me at they way Ricky is running this year. Most of these dopers just fall off the face of the map after a couple of years. As usuall we are guaranteed of a good game in Miami. All I can hope for is a good bounce back off that Monday night Disaster but Miami also has the same motivation. The Pats have a huge injury list again this week and I hope some of these guys make it back. Volmer still has the concusion but he at least showed up for Partial participation in practice. We need him to fend off Porter like he did last time.
    Also, are you saying our best strategy may be to run the ball at Porter about 25 times during the game? We will at least have Sammy Morris in there which is a plus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Didn't read through them all Oggman but I agree. We're still a playoff team and that's what we should be focused on. I think a lot of the frustration people have is now we know were not an elite team like we were hoping to be. Had we gone into Indy/NO and come out with one win the hopes could be kept alive. Dropping both the way we did is rough and it exposed weaknesses we thought would be filled, not opened up more. I still believe we can play with anyone in the AFC but there's two on the other side that scare the he** out of me.

Anyway, great post. It just adds to your status on this board

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : Good stuff Oggie and thanks for the info. I will say that no one is more surprised than me at they way Ricky is running this year. Most of these dopers just fall off the face of the map after a couple of years. As usuall we are guaranteed of a good game in Miami. All I can hope for is a good bounce back off that Monday night Disaster but Miami also has the same motivation. The Pats have a huge injury list again this week and I hope some of these guys make it back. Volmer still has the concusion but he at least showed up for Partial participation in practice. We need him to fend off Porter like he did last time. Also, are you saying our best strategy may be to run the ball at Porter about 25 times during the game? We will at least have Sammy Morris in there which is a plus.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

EW: Run 25 times at Porter?  At least.  Mark my words.  The more snaps Porter takes, the more the Pats rush his side for big yards. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks for the perspective, oggieman.  I was afraid we were going to lose a couple of posters off the Mystic River Bridge.  (I know it's the Tobin but I prefer the old name).  The Pats will either bounce back or they won't.  One way or the other this week will be a good tense of this team's character.