Zoltan "The Magnificent" a Class Act

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Zoltan "The Magnificent" a Class Act

After being cut by the Patriots over the weekend, former Pats' punter Zoltan Mesko left the following message on Facebook:  

"First and foremost, I want to thank the New England Patriots for everything they have done for me. I have nothing but love in my heart as I depart this great organization. Mr. Kraft, the coaches, the strength staff, the trainers, the media personnel, the marketing department, the rest of the amazing staff members at Gillette, and especially my teammates…THANK YOU for all that you have given and have done for me. I want to say that I see the silver lining in things now more than ever, and am a true believer that things DO happen for a reason. This goes out to anyone that will ever come across a mere bump in the road; be thankful, be positive, because there’s a deeper purpose of WHY things happen that we may not yet, or may never come to understand. Just believe. I will miss New England, and more than anything, I’ll be missing the smiles on those kids whom I visited and acted like a goofball in front of. It was ALL worth it. God bless."

Good luck in Pittsburgh, Mr. Mesko. You truly are "magnificent".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Zoltan

He is a class act. Did lots of charity work in the area also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Hey Wes.....here's what a class act does when he leaves.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow, makes me even more mad we cut him over peanuts in terms of NFl money. How much money been wasted on free agent busts and a class act AND a guy top of his proffesion gets shown the door the minute a cheaper option comes along. I know its a business, but things like this dont sit well with me and Im sure the team payed attention too. Like really Bill, you got freeking S*ck a rse Tebow in here taking a lot of reps at Qb for nothing and you pull a move like this?!  Weak!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Wow, makes me even more mad we cut him over peanuts in terms of NFl money. How much money been wasted on free agent busts and a class act AND a guy top of his proffesion gets shown the door the minute a cheaper option comes along. I know its a business, but things like this dont sit well with me and Im sure the team payed attention too. Like really Bill, you got freeking S*ck a rse Tebow in here taking a lot of reps at Qb for nothing and you pull a move like this?!  Weak!

yep, just over a little bit of money.  I guess he thinks Allen is going to be as good.  I guess allen is going to need lots of practice before Sunday's game.....lol Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

yep, just over a little bit of money.  I guess he thinks Allen is going to be as good.  I guess allen is going to need lots of practice before Sunday's game.....lol Laughing

A little bit of money, and 3 years of team control.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Dude is a stud. Good luck to him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why?  Do you expept the Offense led by the GOAT qb will produce alot of 3 and outs?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I used to think that too...until I saw the 2012 stats....

Ranked 24th in the NFL with a 37.9 average. I'm okay with trying someone new....

Still a class act, but wasn't very good last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I always thought he had a very strong leg and was not that good last year maybe due to injury but he was pretty good at situational punting which we dont know about with Guy, atleast I dont. Brady or not, the team will have to punt at times and its not always about hitting as far as u can.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

The Patriots may have been worried about having to overpay to resign Zoltan on his next contract and didn't want to loose a really good rookie in Allen with lots of upside, cheaper price and 4 yr lock-up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Why?  Do you expept the Offense led by the GOAT qb will produce alot of 3 and outs?

what does Brady have to do with Allen,  the new FG holder and punter?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mbear3915's comment:

The Patriots may have been worried about having to overpay to resign Zoltan on his next contract and didn't want to loose a really good rookie in Allen with lots of upside, cheaper price and 4 yr lock-up.

I am cool with this, Im just wondering why he hasnt brought in comp. for the Ghost. Boy this guy is aloof and seems sooo uninterested out there and even in intvw's. I mean far be it for me to tell a person whats important but he doesnt strike me as "I love football" kind of guy. He is no Adam V who was a leader at the Kicker positon?!? and even gave pre game speeches and started the beard and said "dont talk to me" now we have this shoulder shruggin Kid who doesnt care to be here. Atleast thats what I get from him .When he misses, he is like, jeeez its only football!  NOT good! BB knows and thats why he never gets to kick under pressure

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Ranked 24th in the NFL with a 37.9 average. I'm okay with trying someone new....

well, he only had 60 attempts (vs. 112 for Arizona); 28 of which was inside opponents 20. Average distance isn't really what to look at. It only looks like there were only 2-3 regular punters who had fewer attempts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe his average was so low because he was more often then not trying to punt it inside the twenty after our offense moved it close to mid field, and that happened a lot. Just saying.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Maybe his average was so low because he was more often then not trying to punt it inside the twenty after our offense moved it close to mid field, and that happened a lot. Just saying.

good points. Cant average 50 yards/punt when your offense had the least 3 and outs throughout the whole league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think it was 2 fold...

1. This kid Allen has a big leg and BB is looking at the upside.

2. factor #1 in with the fact they will have Allen under their control for 3 years and mesko was up at the end of this year and you get the decision that was made.