HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ??????

In Response to Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ??????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ?????? : I just wish CC would smile for once....he is always moping and looking like he doesn't want to be out there...just my opinion. Ellsbury seems to be just off a bit, but I expect him to get going soon. J, it's always going to be tough for CC. It's like he's cursed here.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

What is there for him to smile about, Danny? He's playing for a fan base that's booed him, thinks he sucks, is over paid and hasn't done one thing right since he arrived, nevermind the media, would you want to be here? I feel bad for the kid playing under those conditions. I don't care how much any of them make, it has to effect them mentally and spills over onto the field. Not an easy place to play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So is everyone getting the "sorry, an unexpected error occurred" line in red when you go to front burner?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]So is everyone getting the "sorry, an unexpected error occurred" line in red when you go to front burner?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

yes, since this morning.  they were upgrading the software and messed up the forums. theyre working on it....slowly, it would seem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ?????? : Crawford is certainly trending toward becoming an epic excuse maker for his terrible play!  He is also scared s hitless to play in Boston, and is willing to fake a few injuries to get the heck out of dodge!!!  BUT!!!   You're not calling this moronic cop one of Boston's finest, ARE YOU??? If so, that is one of the biggest insults to the majority of cops in Boston.  Most, are not racist morons! 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

What proof do you have that this police officer is a racist? Does he belong to the KKK or the Nazi party?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Is there any reason why Boston.com doesn't give us an explanation of why Red Sox: On The Front Burner is down out of courtesy?
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

or when we may expect it to back back up and running. I guess no game thread tonight

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ?????? : I started one on this forum.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Thanks '04.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ?????? : I didnt see the dugout shot but things are said that you help but laugh. I think the opposite, lightens things up. Francona said nothing, which told me he didnt agree
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Miller said he was upset when he came out and Shoppach came over and ribbed him a little to lighten things up...I see no problem with that...Shop was trying to lift his teammate up...What do people want him to do? smack s h i t with a bat? Then everyone would bet on his case for that...Orel was out of line with that comment because he had NO IDEA what was going on in that dugout...Your supposed to have your teammates back and Shop did...I say Good for him...You have to have a short memory in this game to be successful...Id rather he laugh then stew over it and bring everyone else  and himself down...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps the Sox had a little influence on the Globe and the Forum---for it to be turned off until after the trade deadline for whatever reason. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ?????? : Miller said he was upset when he came out and Shoppach came over and ribbed him a little to lighten things up...I see no problem with that...Shop was trying to lift his teammate up...What do people want him to do? smack s h i t with a bat? Then everyone would bet on his case for that...Orel was out of line with that comment because he had NO IDEA what was going on in that dugout...Your supposed to have your teammates back and Shop did...I say Good for him...You have to have a short memory in this game to be successful...Id rather he laugh then stew over it and bring everyone else  and himself down...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Orel is old school, paw. I think he does a good job doing the games but can be overly critical, at times. I agree and thought the same when an article ripped Beckett for going out and meeting his family and friends outside the clubhouse in Texas after the loss to the Rangers. Once its over and done with, its over and done with. no do overs. Tomorrow is another day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good point, southie...I hadn't heard any other account of the joke other than what I saw on ESPNYankeesProNew YorkPro AnythingNY broadcast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's weird, if you go to the forums page it says there's a game thread on the front burner and the last post (teddyballgame) was 57 minutes ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ignore it, this is the one spot you can post right now....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Considering no one knew what they were laughing at---at the time it was a leap by Orel. And as was said after (not to sure by who) sometimes funny things happen at the wierdest times in the dugout.  BTW we all even laugh at funerals sometimes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]good point, southie...I hadn't heard any other account of the joke other than what I saw on ESPNYankeesProNew YorkPro AnythingNY broadcast.

Miller was clearly upset, danny. he was fuming coming off the mound. Needed a release.  the catchers know how to handle the pitchers. a mound visit in the dugout ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

See Forums, Sports, Red SOx all those other team ABOVE in heading it is where threads are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't think Orel was out of line at all. He's got a right to comment about what he sees. You don't sit there and let it go like it's nothing. It was still something that Miller could have waited for the clubhouse. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: HEY MODS, WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRONT BURNER ??????": The bad thing about Hershiser - and most color guys, for that matter - is that they think every second of the game has to be described and commented on ad nauseum. One thing I like about Remy is he doesn't seem to think people want to hear his voice continuously.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Dave Ive had this discussion with my nephew. He doesn't think Remy talks enough about the game and players. My take on it is, they do 162 red sox games a year, to the same audience, who by in large, can tell him about the players and the team. No need for it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Hershiser and Francona's job is to talk and talk often. That's what a colorman's job is. If you think that because Remy says a little makes him better at that job, I would say he's failing his job by staying silent. I'm always listening to the announcers for nuggets, details, and their opinions on how the Sox are playing, how they feel about whether they are hustling or not, and other factors. It's TV, but it's still a place where you details from the announcers enhances the broadcast.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Bobby V: Yanks could miss playoffs

His team is still in last place, but feels good after taking two of three in the Bronx

Bobby Valentine leaned back in his office chair early Sunday evening and clasped his hands behind his head. He was busy talking baseball, busy being Bobby V, busy measuring his 10½-game deficit in the American League East and deciding that one team inside Yankee Stadium might not make it to the playoffs.

The home team.

"Maybe they won't get in it," said the manager of the Boston Red Sox. "Who knows? Crazy things happen in this game."

Valentine mentioned last season's Tampa Bay Rays, who were 9½ games out of the AL East lead after 101 games.

"And they made the playoffs with one wild card, in this division, so I mean this isn't just wild dreaming," Valentine said. "It tells you if you get your act together, you can do a lot of things in two months. We just have to get our act together.

"We've been a real disjointed group all year because of the injuries, different things that have gone on. … We need to put the past behind us and play the next 60 games the way we're capable of playing. If we do that, I think we'll be right in it to win it."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Hershiser and Francona's job is to talk and talk often. That's what a colorman's job is. If you think that because Remy says a little makes him better at that job, I would say he's failing his job by staying silent. I'm always listening to the announcers for nuggets, details, and their opinions on how the Sox are playing, how they feel about whether they are hustling or not, and other factors. It's TV, but it's still a place where you details from the announcers enhances the broadcast.

Remy does danny, but how many times can you say the same thing about the same players, 3 hours a night, to the same people??