It's official; Jeter best of all time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time

In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : I understand you have difficulty with reading comprehension so let me help you out. Not one poster agreed with the poll.
    Posted by Babeinsawxland[/QUOTE]

he suffers from SOCK-FACE disease.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : you have my sympathies. btw, new york isn't any dumber than the rest of the country. funny, when i said NY, you and jessey just assumed i was speaking of the city. the sheer arrogance. no, i was referring to the whole state. i live in upstate NY, which is loaded with yankee fans. they hate me and i hate them. however, i did convert a female yankee fan into a SOX fan. i had her watch FEVER PITCH and fed her a lot of wine; also, gave her one of my unworn SOX caps. in other words, i'm making the world a better place. one person at a time.
    Posted by GARCIA1[/QUOTE]

Fever Pitch and a lot of wine sounds like a recipe for a hugging-the-toilet session and subsequent break-up ... i would have broken up with you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Garcia, you mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us!!  I'll be at Taco Bell too.  And, FWIW, I am both an 80 year old man AND a female, so I am gung ho on this.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

you have my sympathies.
    btw, new york isn't any dumber than the rest of the country.
    funny, when i said NY, you and jessey just assumed i was speaking of the city.
    the sheer arrogance. no, i was referring to the whole state. i live in upstate NY, which is loaded with yankee fans. they hate me and i hate them.
    however, i did convert a female yankee fan into a SOX fan. i had her watch FEVER PITCH and fed her a lot of wine; also, gave her one of my unworn SOX caps.
    in other words, i'm making the world a better place. one person at a time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time : well the first thing that's wrong with your post is that it came from the NY Post which just about every intelligent new yorker uses to line the bottom of their bird cages. also, the empire state residents that voted are between the ages of 8 - 16. sorry to say but jetes has one helluva long line in front of him in that respect.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

It was actually a poll taken by Siena College Research Institute, not the NY Post.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/03/16/2011-03-16_derek_jeter_tops_babe_ruth_as_new_yorks_alltime_greatest_athlete_in_siena_colleg.html

They must have polled people born in 1986 or later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time :  hung lo

It's a nice place

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : A troll does more than just to illicit responses. You need to look up the definition again. Google internet trolls and you will see a detailed definition.
    Posted by losmediasloco[/QUOTE]

Googling "troll" is a conundrum in it self...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Never had a problem with Jeter as a player, one of the All-Time best "professional"...but player...I dont think so...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babeinsawxland. Show Babeinsawxland's posts

[QUOTE]Don't care at all about this Siena, NY Post, Hung Far Low or whatever poll. Why? Clearly the result is incorrect on so many levels, the demographics of the respondents and or how the question was specifically posed led to Jeter. Jeter better than Mantle, than Dimaggio, than Ruth, than Gehrig? No way, no how. And those are just the Yankees, if I did the research, and I would never research New York for anything, there are many other atheletes playing for New York amateur teams that are better than Jeter, plus Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Dodgers, Giants....C'mon Man, if you agree with the poll you are disrespecting some very good athletes.

Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I understand you have difficulty with reading comprehension so let me help you out.

Not one poster agreed with the poll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It is spelled CHARDONNAY. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.
    Posted by Dangerfeld[/QUOTE]

thanks dangerbreath,

i didn't like it enough to check the spelling.
    also, you sure know how to ruin a good time. esad!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time :   The 80 year old man in me would have puked from the Fever Pitch viewing, and the female in my would have puked from the wine.  I'm glad that date never happened between us.

actually, it was very good chardanay, with no oak.
    she told me oak gives her a headache.  i mean, c'mon, i paid $10.00/bottle for that stuff.
    as for FEVER PITCH, that was the best baseball movie JIMMY FALLON was ever in.
    and remember, NEVER is a long time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It is spelled CHARDONNAY. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.
    Posted by Dangerfeld[/QUOTE]

You can dress up Garcia but you can't take him out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It was actually a poll taken by Siena College Research Institute, not the NY Post. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/03/16/2011-03-16_derek_jeter_tops_babe_ruth_as_new_yorks_alltime_greatest_athlete_in_siena_colleg.html They must have polled people born in 1986 or later.
    Posted by Babeinsawxland[/QUOTE]

Maybe the respondants thought the poll was about best mansion of all time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

In Response to It's official; Jeter best of all time:
    [QUOTE]According to the NY Post, the empire state residents have voted Derek Jeter as the greatest athlete in New York history. (over Mantle, Ruth, Joe D, Namath, The Duke, et al).  This would appear to make him the greatest athlete of all time, would it not?
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

This poll comfirms that NY fans are as dumb as I thought they were.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Babe Ruth and the Iron Horse are the top two NY pro athletes of all time IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : no, i would have broken up with you 1st; i mean, c'mon, you're an 80 year old man and a female. i wish you both only the best.
    Posted by GARCIA1[/QUOTE]

The 80 year old man in me would have puked from the Fever Pitch viewing, and the female in my would have puked from the wine.  I'm glad that date never happened between us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

One thing for sure--Derek Jeter dates the hottest women.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : It has just dawned on me you look to illicit responses; they call this ... a troll.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

A troll does more than just to illicit responses. You need to look up the definition again. Google internet trolls and you will see a detailed definition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's official; Jeter best of all time : Fever Pitch and a lot of wine sounds like a recipe for a hugging-the-toilet session and subsequent break-up ... i would have broken up with you

no, i would have broken up with you 1st; i mean, c'mon, you're an 80 year old man and a female. i wish you both only the best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Don't care at all about this Siena, NY Post, Hung Far Low or whatever poll. Why? Clearly the result is incorrect on so many levels, the demographics of the respondents and or how the question was specifically posed led to Jeter. Jeter better than Mantle, than Dimaggio, than Ruth, than Gehrig? No way, no how. And those are just the Yankees, if I did the research, and I would never research New York for anything, there are many other atheletes playing for New York amateur teams that are better than Jeter, plus Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Dodgers, Giants....C'mon Man, if you agree with the poll you are disrespecting some very good athletes.

20. This post has been removed.