Monday Night Game Thread:Tigers@Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Monday Night Game Thread:Tigers@Red Sox

IT TOOK THIS LONG TO FIGURE OUT YOU CAN SS WITH CIRIACO, DH WITH SALTY AND CATCH SHOPPACH....LMFAO...WAY TO GO, BV/BEN...NICE EFFORT, AND IT'S WHY THE TEAM IS .500....TWO FULL WEEKS TO FIGURE THIS OUT. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread:Tigers@Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]IT TOOK THIS LONG TO FIGURE OUT YOU CAN SS WITH CIRIACO, DH WITH SALTY AND CATCH SHOPPACH....LMFAO...WAY TO GO, BV/BEN...NICE EFFORT, AND IT'S WHY THE TEAM IS .500....TWO FULL WEEKS TO FIGURE THIS OUT. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

No kidding,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]IT TOOK THIS LONG TO FIGURE OUT YOU CAN SS WITH CIRIACO, DH WITH SALTY AND CATCH SHOPPACH....LMFAO...WAY TO GO, BV/BEN...NICE EFFORT, AND IT'S WHY THE TEAM IS .500....TWO FULL WEEKS TO FIGURE THIS OUT. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

That is because Aviles is hurt.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread:Tigers@Red Sox : That is because Aviles is hurt.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Not Another One.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I believe using Saltalamacchia as the DH means the Sox have a problem if Shoppach has to leave the game. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]I believe using Saltalamacchia as the DH means the Sox have a problem if Shoppach has to leave the game. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    The Red Sox will need to rely on Clay Buchholz's career batting average of .333 if the righthander is still in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

max, all it means is they could lose the DH rule, that's it. you pinch hit for the reliever or you let the pitchers hit..nothing more, not a big deal...and if they did think it was--then call up Lavarnway like they should have 2 weeks ago.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Because I believe a lot of people don't understand the DH rule....here it is in laymen's term...The DH bats for the pitcher exclusively...if you have to use your DH for defensive purposes, he takes the spot of catcher defensively, stays in the lineup where he is, and the pitcher now occupies the spot where the injured catcher is in the batting lineup. At that point, it just becomes an NL park interleague game. If you lose the DH, it's not a big deal, not the end of the world, and yes you can really use both of your catchers at the same time, in the same game. Really, you can do it and not have both die on you mid-game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If I'm Bobby V, Ceriaco is in the lineup every day until he makes me look foolish for playing him. I love the kid ... great glove, clutch hitter. And I like him in the 9 hole, a very underrated spot in the order.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

lloyd, I've been saying this since Ortiz went on the DL. All they had to do was bring up Lavarnway to DH, or set up a scenario with 3 catches so that you can have Salty and Shoppach play in the same lineup and not have people like Max say that it's risky to play your only 2 catchers in the same game. Ciriaco should never have been DHing and as sad it might be for Aviles, he becomes the Punto utility guy that Nick should have been but couldn't do it cuz he sucks at hitting. Ciriaco should be the reg. SS rest of season. No one makes that diving stop he made last night, no one on this team can make that play other than him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

as for BV, he is in love with Aviles, but needs to get over that. Also he's learning you don't have to bat Ciriaco 2nd or Nava 1st, 2nd or 3rd or even play Daniel other than as a pinch hitter or defensive replacement. Really, all this stuff is OK. Why the Sox and the manager and the GM haven't been doing this is still beyond me. They trotted out some really poor excuses for lineups of late.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good for BV...like the quotes.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I see Salty as the better PH option.  Number one, he has done well in late inning PH slot already this season, and two, he is a switch-hitter!

That said, I think Nava should be replaced on the roster with Lavarnway.  Aviles, if and Punto should both be trade bait...there are teams looking for infield utility guys.  Ciriaco has earned the SS job, IMO.  His defense has looked as good as Aviles's and his bat is better at this point.  And the energy he brings and speed on the basepaths cannot be matched by any of the other SS options available at this time.  Too bad the Sox couldn't have traded Nava while his stock was high.  I still think he is a better 5th OFer than you could get via trade or waivers, but he is not the 5th best OFer on the 40-man roster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Lets Go....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Got to win at least 7 of the 10 at home, IMO.  Should be a good game tonight.  Buchholz is the ace of this staff at this point.