"LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......

OUT OF FENWAY PAAAK.....  NO NEW MANAGER TILL SOMETIME NEXT WEEK !!!   MY GOSH, IT'S NOT LIKE WE ARE ASKING FOR 40,000. MORE TROOPS !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......

"what's the manager's name?"

"no, he's on second base."

"who's on second base?"

"no, who's on first."

"that's what I'm asking you."

"well, you said the man's name."

"I said who's name?"

"naturally."

"so if a guy bunts the ball, our catcher throws the ball to Naturally?"

"no , he throws it to who."

"that's what I'm askin' you!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......:
    [QUOTE]"what's the manager's name?" "no, he's on second base." "who's on second base?" "no, who's on first." "that's what I'm asking you." "well, you said the man's name." "I said who's name?" "naturally." "so if a guy bunts the ball, our catcher throws the ball to Naturally?" "no , he throws it to who." "that's what I'm askin' you!"
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]OK ZILLY ......  NO ONE CAN TIE THAT ONE TO  DAD & BILL-806  !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

In Response to "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......:
    [QUOTE]   OUT OF FENWAY PAAAK.....  NO NEW MANAGER TILL SOMETIME NEXT WEEK !!!   MY GOSH, IT'S NOT LIKE WE ARE ASKING FOR 40,000. MORE TROOPS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

we could get 40,000 troops quicker then a new manager, this is just crazy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I know good things come to those who wait but come on. Now is not the time to be messing aroung.  some kind of plan should be in place prior to the winter meetings  and I would think that the manager should have some knowledge of the inter workings of that  plan.//// well see you next week?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING....... : we could get 40,000 troops quicker then a new manager, this is just crazy
    Posted by jeff185[/QUOTE]   B I N G O    !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The manager works with the players that he has. The FO decides what the roster is. Ownership decides on the FO and amount to spend. Much of what goes on is not spoon fed to the fans and that is the way that it should be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]The manager works with the players that he has. The FO decides what the roster is. Ownership decides on the FO and amount to spend. Much of what goes on is not spoon fed to the fans and that is the way that it should be.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]REALLY NOW ..... DO YOU THINK THAT AFTER 8,000+ POSTS DAD & BILL-806 DOES NOT KNOW THAT..... AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER GREAT POSTERS ON THIS BOARD ???  SON,  PLEASE SPARE ME/US......  FEEL FREE TO POST, BUT YOU SHOULD LEARN TO ENJOY THE VET'S ON THE BOARD,,,,AFTERALL, WE KNOW OUR STUFF !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IF THEY WILL KNOW WHO THE MANAGER WILL BE BY NEXT WEEK, YA THINK THAT THEY MIGHT KNOW THAT TODAY !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Maybe LL is going to introduce a new MLB concept. Field a team with no Manager. Just let this group of players manage themselves. I'm certain Beckett, Varitek, Lackey (when he comes back) would provide tremendous leadership.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING.......:
    [QUOTE]   OUT OF FENWAY PAAAK.....  NO NEW MANAGER TILL SOMETIME NEXT WEEK !!!   MY GOSH, IT'S NOT LIKE WE ARE ASKING FOR 40,000. MORE TROOPS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I asked this before...................
    What is the rush to get a manager on board?
    There is nothing on the immediate schedule that requires having a manager.
    Anything on the schedule has been done by scouts/player development and the FO.
    There is nothing that a new manager can add to the FA signings. Please do not say get ready for ST if he can not do that from Dec to Feb than an extra few weeks are not going to help. And if he can't I don't want him.

The only answer I got was that the only thing that a new manager can add is a name that may or may not help sign a FA.

Upcoming events for all teams:

Dec. 1, 2011 Last day to request outright waivers to assign player prior to Rule 5 Draft
    Dec. 5, 2011 5 p.m. ET is last time to outright a player prior to the Rule 5 Draft

Dec. 7, 2011 Last date for player who declared free agency to accept an arbitration offer from former club. Deadline is midnight ET

Dec. 5-8, 2011 Baseball Winter Meetings, Dallas

Dec. 8, 2011 Major League Rule 5 Draft, Dallas

Dec. 12, 2011 Last date to tender contracts is midnight ET  
    Jan. 9, 2012 Baseball Hall of Fame inductee class of 2012 announced
    February TBD Pitchers and catchers report

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Like Zac and Jim said, there's no hurry on this.

We need to decide on the DH, RF, two SPs, maybe a bench player, and a couple of BP arms.

If we hired someone that was currently managing, maybe you'd ask about prospective players.  Maybe a Tito could opine about Cuddyer or someone like that, how they played, their attitude, their mental toughness.  Valentine and Lamont haven't been MLB managers since most of the players in BB started playing.  Lamont has at least seen them.  Valentine hasn't even been in the MLB since most of the league started playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Varitek and Wastefield contract begging has to be tended to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Varitek and Wastefield contract begging has to be tended to.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]  HANK WILLIAMS....  DO YOU KNOW MY FAVORITE 2 SINGERS, LORETTA LYNN & PATSI CLINE ????   ALSO MY 2 FAVORITE SONGS, COUNTRY  &  WESTERN !!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Varitek and Wastefield contract begging has to be tended to.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "LET ME BE CLEAR", LIKE THE "BIG O", DECISIONS ARE SLOW COMING....... :
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Pike, I will tell you what Holmes once told Watson after he snared The Great Detective with one of his quips: "Watson, you are developing a pawky brand of humor against which I must learn to guard myself."