Victorino RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Gomes LF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Saltalamacchia C
    Ciriaco SS
    Pitching: LHP Felix Doubront (3-0, 4.24).

RANGERS (17-11)
    TBA
    Pitching: LHP Derek Holland (1-2, 3.38).

Game time: 8:05 p.m.

TV/radio: NESN, MLB Network / WEEI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Game Thread 29: Red Sox at Rangers

Great series.  Now we are all they way into May and the Sox and Rangers have two of the best record in the AL.  Sox are good on the road, the Rangers at home.  Both have good pitching, but the Sox hitting is a little better.  Lefty vs. lefty starters tonight.  Ortiz back after a day off, Victorino after a week off.  Who starts in LF, Nava or Gomes?  I predict this lineup--

Ellsbury, CF

Victorino, RF

Pedroia, RF

Ortiz, DH

Napoli, 1B

Nava/Gomes, LF

Middlebrooks, 3B

Saltalamacchia, C

Drew, SS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Great series.  Now we are all they way into May and the Sox and Rangers have two of the best record in the AL.  Sox are good on the road, the Rangers at home.  Both have good pitching, but the Sox hitting is a little better.  Lefty vs. lefty starters tonight.  Ortiz back after a day off, Victorino after a week off.  Who starts in LF, Nava or Gomes?  I predict this lineup--

Ellsbury, CF

Victorino, RF

Pedroia, RF

Ortiz, DH

Napoli, 1B

Nava/Gomes, LF

Middlebrooks, 3B

Saltalamacchia, C

Drew, SS

Obviously, I missed Ciriaco a righty at SS, which makes sense--Drew due for a break.  And nothing wrong with Gomes, also a righty, in LF, over Nava.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Max and 04...have a great weekend, enjoy your game..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think Drew gets a break, nor does he need one IMO. hes hot and you have to keep riding that. He can hit LHP fine. I think his HR was off one if Im not mistaken. I think Gomes gets the start over Nava tonight in LF.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

You too, jete.  I'll probably check on the Yankees a few times and of course root for the other team (unless it's Baltimore).  As happy as we are, you gotta be happier. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I dont think Drew gets a break, nor does he need one IMO. hes hot and you have to keep riding that. He can hit LHP fine. I think his HR was off one if Im not mistaken. I think Gomes gets the start over Nava tonight in LF.

I rarely disagree with the manager after the fact because I know he has more info.  Plus I think Drew for now can use a break now and then.   That said, I would much rather see Drew on defense than Ciriaco. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

You too, jete.  I'll probably check on the Yankees a few times and of course root for the other team (unless it's Baltimore).  As happy as we are, you gotta be happier. 

oh for sure Max, but admittedly..i'm kinda holding back any joy, hoping they can make it into June still competitive...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

oh for sure Max, but admittedly..i'm kinda holding back any joy, hoping they can make it into June still competitive...

ah, thats the Yankee fan in you, always with the eyes on the big prize.  Waiting til June until you allow a drop of excitement to enter your psyche.  Alll business.

We Sox fans are all awash in over-the-moon or doom-and-gloom as the waxing and waning of the moon, and any given three game set dictate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Enjoy it while you can--same for us.  The Steinbrenners have to be thinking just maybe their GM ain't half bad, ditto the manager.  I absolutely feel that way about Ben C and Farrell, regardless of what happens this year (withing limits of course).  The over the hill AL East ain't quite over the hill, not with three teams with winning records and a fourth, Tampa, who is going to get there. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Thanks jete02; I hope you have a great weekend too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think it is time to return Pedroia to his more natural number two spot in the order. He is getting his hits , getting on base, working the count, but he is not really driving the ball. He is not an RBI guy.  When he tries to do it,  it takes away from what he does best. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I think it is time to return Pedroia to his more natural number two spot in the order. He is getting his hits , getting on base, working the count, but he is not really driving the ball. He is not an RBI guy.  When he tries to do it,  it takes away from what he does best. 

Definitely something to consider. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Napoli said his final offseason choice came down to Rangers and Red Sox. Likes not having to catch now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Napoli on facing his former team: “I don't think I have as much sports hate for the Rangers as I do the Angels."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Napoli: "Just the opportunity I had to play first every day... I thought it would be the best fit for my career health-wise. Everything has worked out. My hips have been fine."

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Vic the Slick!

NICE PLAY!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Napoli on facing his former team: “I don't think I have as much sports hate for the Rangers as I do the Angels."

Napoli and Scioscio didn't get along, at all. I think he couldn't wait to get out of there. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Drew would have made that play!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dont like any of the pitching matchups in this series. Will be happy if the Sox can get out of here with one win and split the trip. Winning this series would REALLY impress me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

It is hard to watch Doubrant pitch.  He just doesn't throw enough strikes.  Like watching Miller.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Dont like any of the pitching matchups in this series. Will be happy if the Sox can get out of here with one win and split the trip. Winning this series would REALLY impress me.

Agree, exam  but think its possible they can take two. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Agree, exam  but think its possible they can take two. 

Id be ecstatic if they did!

BTW.....a friend of my dad emailed him some pictures of the Boston Marathon victims at the scene. Dont know if anyone else on the forum has seen them. Theyre the ones you wont see on the news for obvious reasons. But horrible, just horrible. People with legs blown off, blood, guts on the sidewalk. Very, very sad and disturbing, but I think its something every adult American should look at in the face, to be reminded of why we have the freedom we have, and why we should fight to keep it. One poor guy had all the meat blown off his legs from the knees down, but the bone was still there like peg-legs. Indescribeable. But this is the kind of thing our combat veterans see every day as they fight for our freedom abroad.