Should the RS go outside to fill the closer role or try to solve it internally?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Should the RS go outside to fill the closer role or try to solve it internally?

My thought is to bring in an established closer and stay with what we have as we have it. Any other thoughts on this issue?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Should the RS go outside to fill the closer role or try to solve it internally?

Make the move that does not take any of the top prospects.

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Should the RS go outside to fill the closer role or try to solve it internally?

In response to eggplants' comment:

My thought is to bring in an established closer and stay with what we have as we have it. Any other thoughts on this issue?

So you want Rivera, Pap, or Nathan? They're the only 3 "established" closers in MLB. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

Nice job, so you want your cake and eat it too...bring in a closer AND stay with Uehara. Sounds like a no lose situation!

Who is this established closer you are seeking and at what cost? It might be a good idea to move Bailey in any deal, I think he is cooked here now.

Uehara looks pretty daen good so far...the best in the game would give up a jack to Batista...so far he's done well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Ohills asking price is outrageous from all reports. They have TV money and need to keep some "names". They can afford these guys and are not going into full rebuild mode.

Jesse Crain just went on the DL withg a shoulder issue. He will be able to pitche a few games after coming off the DL, but his cost probably just went way down.

Personally, I think BC examines all possible internal options and if a good deal comes along that makes sense, he will do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Actually, I like Cishek in Miami as my #1 pick. My suggestion is to go outside for a closer, Keep what  we've  got now and solve this problem with an aquisition. Right now we're first in the division and last in closer position within the division. If we want to win the division, closer is the top priority.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

At least four and probably five other teams are looking for bullen help, not including starting pitching, just relievers. Thus it may behoove Mr Cherrington to move somewhat quickly, not waiting for deadline day IF he chooses to go outside the system....which I personally favor in this area.

Workman, Beato, DeLa Torre and Alex Wilson can adequately fill Mortensen's spot.Miller, Breslow and Tazawa appear fine where they are, I'm beginning to " trust " Miller to do the job.

But Uehara is on the old side, and I'm not comfortable going to him three nights in a row, or for 4-5 outs at a time. I suggest the biggest priority for any transaction activity is relief help. Kicking the tires on Fla's Steve Cishek, Minn's Perkins, Colo's Betancourt , even Houston Street or Grant Balfour. Axford, Addison Reed, etc. etc. Like Cishek or Perkins best, obviously.Could offer some combo like Britton or Workman plius 2nd level prospects ?

Don't want Papelbon; believe losing velocity, overpaid $ -wise, and acquisition cost would be too high.