What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

I have been maintaining against the baseball pundit tide for months on end that the Yanks will sign Josh Hamilton and that the luxury tax mantra is just meant to give them some negotiating leverage (as in "we are not the Rich Yankees of Christmas past"). Many months later, when the large number of empty seats showed their face during the playoffs, I became even more hopeful. Weeks later, when I heard that Citizen Fox Candykane had acquired half of the YES network, I became even more optimistic (personal political hypocrisy aside) that they had to make a big move lest the actual on-field competitive strength of the team were to drop further, leaving even more empty seats and lower TV ratings next year. Some might wonder whether Rupert Marduke might want to wait until he virtually owns the team until becoming Steingrabber the Second (that way he gets all the glory for buying up expensive FA's), but having a weakened Yankee team would just hurt the entire franchise's financial value, YES included...Now that the baseball pundits are saying that the Rangers and not the Dodgers are the faves to sign Greinke (meaning Texas is out on Josh H.), the stars are aligning towards a possible Yankee signing of Hamilton....

So my Evil Empire list for Christmas is a greedy one: Pierzynski, Youk and Josh H.  Now if I were a Red Sox fan, I might wish Youk on them, but I certainly would not want to see them acquire the lefty-hitting Hamilton for the short porch in Yankee Stadium. What do Red Sox fans hope for?  With Rupert Marduke's deep pockets waiting in the wings, I am not sure that the Yankees will be "punished" so terribly with a big-bucks Hamilton doing another A-Rod imitation...

What do you think?  How many of these 3 FA's, if any, will the Yanks get, and what kind of a difference will they make, individually or collectively? For Red Sox fans, who do you hope they end up getting stuck with?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

If youse guys sign Hamilton I hope it's for at least 5 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: What free agent acquisitions would be the desired COAL in the Yankees' Christmas stocking and which would be CRYSTAL?

Hey monsieur...Do you think he is averge-to-mediocre in year 3, 4 or 5?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey monsieur...Do you think he is averge-to-mediocre in year 3, 4 or 5?

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to count on him for more than 3, and I think year 3 might be iffy. So my Christmas wish is a nice fat 8 year deal with the Yanks for Josh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I wouldn't want to count on him for more than 3, and I think year 3 might be iffy. So my Christmas wish is a nice fat 8 year deal with the Yanks for Josh.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe coupled with a big substance abuse scandal in the Big Apple?  He gets caught snorting up with A-Rod in year 2....Now that is some tabloid gold for you...Maybe the Daily News and the NY Post (owned by Citizen Candycane) will make a contribution to the Hamilton campaign fund, purely in anticipation of the potential new circulation dollars they could accrue...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe coupled with a big substance abuse scandal in the Big Apple?  He gets caught snorting up with A-Rod in year 2....Now that is some tabloid gold for you...Maybe the Daily News and the NY Post (owned by Citizen Candycane) will make a contribution to the Hamilton campaign fund, purely in anticipation of the potential new circulation dollars they could accrue...

[/QUOTE]

Actually I shouldn't be greedy. The Yanks getting gobbled up by the real evil empire is probably bad enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Actually I shouldn't be greedy. The Yanks getting gobbled up by the real evil empire is probably bad enough.

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, monsieur, my head came close to exploding when I read what you just wrote...At first I thought I would just live in that State of Da Nile....After all, to a nihilist, Nothing is sacred..But since I have recently turned to the Dark Side, I have developed some amazing powers and also a different perspective on things...Maybe Citizen Candycane is a long, lost uncle, or even my REAL father..You might think you are winning, monsieur, with your left-wing idealism, but I now live in the REAL world...And I sleep like a baby these days....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, monsieur, my head came close to exploding when I read what you just wrote...At first I thought I would just live in that State of Da Nile....After all, to a nihilist, Nothing is sacred..But since I have recently turned to the Dark Side, I have developed some amazing powers and also a different perspective on things...Maybe Citizen Candycane is a long, lost uncle, or even my REAL father..You might think you are winning, monsieur, with your left-wing idealism, but I now live in the REAL world...And I sleep like a baby these days....

[/QUOTE]

You should talk to Bill-806 and softlaw, they can give you remedial lessons in how to be a fascist while pretending to be a freedom loving American, and Greed and Selfishness 101.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

pike

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pike

[/QUOTE]

Yes Carnie, LouistheLipp is indeed Pike. You are content with Softlaw having ten monikers in the last two months but yet you have a fit and pizz in your pants when Pike comes in with a new moniker. Where is the logic there.? What would you think and say here if Ben offered $10 mil. to Youk?  Or are you more concerned with a witch hunt? Comprendo?

[/QUOTE]

Actually this thread had nothing to do with whether anyone would have liked it if the Red Sox had offered $12M to Youk. It was originally a question about what would make Red Sox fans happy were the Yankees to do it, and true to your MO you've hijacked it for your own narrow minded agenda. So much so that the OP who happens to be a Yankee fan and yes, a friend of mine, has wisely checked out. But then reading comprehension was never your strong suit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The Greinke signing by the Dodgers is big news...Hamilton can now go back to his old team...This changes the power balance a good deal if it plays out like it appears...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I made yet another accurate anti-prediction (what's the fun of predicting what happens when you have the power to predict the exact opposite of what transpires instead...one of my recently acquired Dark Side powers) at approximately 7:37 PM when I started this thread...Less than 3 hours later, voila: Greinke signs with the Dodgers....I am building a formidable augur's resume here...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Have the Yankees already given up on Swisher?   Seems like it would make more sense to simply bring him back than to roll the dice with Hamilton...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have the Yankees already given up on Swisher?   Seems like it would make more sense to simply bring him back than to roll the dice with Hamilton...

[/QUOTE]

Swisher is the guy in the bar that got everyone to sing the same song in unison.  But now he keeps tapping you on the shoulder to join, and you dread even seeing him.

Anyway, if I were rooting for a NYY anti-move, it would be for them to go to war for Hamilton's services, and the winner/loser matching Greinke's $147M/6.  Just like ARod and Tex, it'll look good for a little while, but after 2-3 years, downhill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[/QUOTE]

Swisher is the guy in the bar that got everyone to sing the same song in unison.  But now he keeps tapping you on the shoulder to join, and you dread even seeing him.

Anyway, if I were rooting for a NYY anti-move, it would be for them to go to war for Hamilton's services, and the winner/loser matching Greinke's $147M/6.  Just like ARod and Tex, it'll look good for a little while, but after 2-3 years, downhill.

[/QUOTE]

The Yankee  pundits suggest they have given up on Swisher, notin..We will see...As to the "downhill" aspect of signing  Josh H., breidey, like I said above, there is no fiscal cliff when you have marmaduke's deep pockets...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yankee  pundits suggest they have given up on Swisher, notin..We will see...As to the "downhill" aspect of signing  Josh H., breidey, like I said above, there is no fiscal cliff when you have marmaduke's deep pockets...

[/QUOTE]

Sure, if that's true.  But they failed to re-sign Martin and Chavez.  They might have plans that we don't know about, but at least right now, they hit something, a cliff, a wall, a rock, but they aren't just signing  checks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

You are right that they are presently acting like skinflints, breidey, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors...Even with Greinke signing with the Dodgers, I think the Yanks might hook Hamilton...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rumor is that the Steinbrenners are anxious to sell the franchise and buy another European soccer team and dabble into the NASCAR circuit. That is what I've been reading over on the RiverAvenueBlues site.  Poor George would turn over in his grave if he knew this.  Meanwhile his sons are cruising around the Carribean on their yacht and are being cheapskates once again for the second consecutive winter. Even Francesca is adamant about it on his WFAN talk show. There are no happy campers on the phone. What goes around, comes around.

[/QUOTE]

pike

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Via MLBTR, Jon Heyman is saying the Yanks are basically out of the running for Hamilton.  They would only sign him if he "fell into their laps at a low number."  That is not happening...Since I have a hard time seeing him in a Seattle uniform, does he go back to the Rangers...Are the Red Sox a serious possibility or not? Inquiring minds....

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/277800840356569089

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Via MLBTR, Jon Heyman is saying the Yanks are basically out of the running for Hamilton.  They would only sign him if he "fell into their laps at a low number."  That is not happening...Since I have a hard time seeing him in a Seattle uniform, does he go back to the Rangers...Are the Red Sox a serious possibility or not? Inquiring minds....

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/277800840356569089

[/QUOTE]

If he'd sign for 3 years I think the Sox would definitely do it. I don't think they'd go to four though.